Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Jul 17, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TKR View Post
Another magic band question ... we have bands from 3 years ago which we bought at Disney Springs, do the batteries last and if so can we still use them for our next visit?
Strangely the answer is maybe and yes. The batteries may have lasted, but either way the bands will work.

A band has 2 internal parts, the battery powered part is for picking up things from distance like ride photo's. The non powered part is used for touch points, and will still work even if the battery is flat.
Old 12 Jul 17, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue21
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Can I bump this topic please. We have bought tickets through Disney but are off site, the tickets are showing on our MDE already. Do I have to physically pick up card tickets or when buy/get magic bands just link them with the reference already there.
Blue21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
trevor797
Getting Excited

trevor797's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Yes yes and yes lol

Disney truly is the 'Most Magical Place On Earth'
trevor797 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

If you're booking for next year, have you factored dining into the costs when comparing where to buy? As booking hotel only and park tickets elsewhere (from any vendor for either) won't qualify for free dining. Where buying both together, assuming it's for 5 nights or more, will. I wouldn't do a room only booking for next year while the dining offer is on, as they're all charging full rate at the moment.

Otherwise, the answer to all of your questions is yes but others have already confirmed that.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 17, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

There's 2 parts to a band, the short range which operates without a battery, and the long range which uses the battery. The long range is for automatically picking up who is riding past for ride photo's and the short range is for touchpoints.
Touchpoint stuff will work just fine.
Old 12 Jul 17, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blue21 View Post
Can I bump this topic please. We have bought tickets through Disney but are off site, the tickets are showing on our MDE already. Do I have to physically pick up card tickets or when buy/get magic bands just link them with the reference already there.
Yes, you need something to present to the touchpoint to identify you as you. They will give you plastic cards if you go to will call, (take ID, it will make things easier). Alternatively you can purchase and link magic bands, but I'd not do this as a first port of call. when getting a new band the shop people usually ask you to scan your current band, to pull your account up, and they then link the new band to the account. If you don't have a band already this might prove difficult if you get an inexperienced cast member. I feel (might be wrong) that the will call people are more clued up, so it will take less time.
If you then go buy a band, you will have tickets to present to make that linking easier for the cashier.
Old 13 Jul 17, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue21
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
Yes, you need something to present to the touchpoint to identify you as you. They will give you plastic cards if you go to will call, (take ID, it will make things easier). Alternatively you can purchase and link magic bands, but I'd not do this as a first port of call. when getting a new band the shop people usually ask you to scan your current band, to pull your account up, and they then link the new band to the account. If you don't have a band already this might prove difficult if you get an inexperienced cast member. I feel (might be wrong) that the will call people are more clued up, so it will take less time.
If you then go buy a band, you will have tickets to present to make that linking easier for the cashier.
Thank you
Blue21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List