Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Sep 17, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Managing your money...

Hi, I just wondered how people managed their spending money while in Florida? Do you use debit/credit cards or one of those pre-paid cards? Obviously we will have cash as well, but I don't want to be carrying large amounts? Thanks!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 17, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Cash works well for us.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 17, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

We had a preloaded card that we withdrew cash from. A credit card for bigger purchases just in case. And some cash when we arrived just incase

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 17, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
No matter where we go on holiday we always divide our cash in to days and carry forward if there is anything left over to the next day. We took a clarity card as a back up last year but didn't use it much. I know the dangers of carrying cash but it works best for us.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 17, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

FairFX (other pre-paid cards are avail!). We've used this three times now. Shows a transaction immediately and we both have cards, transferring money between the two is instant as well.

The one feature we don't like, not sure if other cards do this, is at a restaurant when the card is swiped and the amount added FairFX add 15% as a separate ghost transaction in anticipation of tips. Now we use DDP and rarely pay for food in Orlando but the few occasions we've done so it's been a pain and something to be aware of if you're close to the end of your trip and the US$ are low on your card.
Old 2 Sep 17, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
No matter where we go on holiday we always divide our cash in to days and carry forward if there is anything left over to the next day. We took a clarity card as a back up last year but didn't use it much. I know the dangers of carrying cash but it works best for us.
Similar. I used to do this with travellers cheques and cash. This holiday we have three individual pots of spending money, food money, parking money and expensive ADR spending money. I do like a good spreadsheet and to budget for everything.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Onsite Disney we pay our magic band purchases with our Nationwide credit card which has no fees. Offsite we use a combination of cash and our Nationwide credit card.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 03:32 AM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

We take cash and 2 Fairfx cards. When we run out of cash I draw some out (it has cost us $4 each withdrawal at Disney). I have done 2 withdrawals on this trip. At OKW we charge everything to the room and then use the Fairfx cards to clear the balance at the end. Just been and done that
Old 2 Sep 17, 06:00 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Cash and a Halifax card for every day spending. I withdraw more cash from my Halifax card as I need it, from a charges-free ATM (and pay it back from my bank account on-line). I take another credit card as back up and emergencies.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

We have a revolut card pre-loaded with $$ and also have cash. Our credit card will come with us too just in case of emergencies but we can see what's getting spent with the revolut app
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List