Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Jul 18, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post

I am hoping to get the family to dress up. Husband is happy to go as wreck it ralph and daughter as vanelope. 13 year old son is not too impressed at the idea though haha
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 18, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Our first time on the 28th August.

we have BoG lunch ADR just after one, and some fast passes, then I may see if I can tempt the missus to exit the park for an early beer/cocktail at Trader Sam's, and go back in for the party itself.

No idea on dressing up, though I think the little one may like to (she doesn't know we're doing a party night yet).
Old 11 Jul 18, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
dunny_budgie
I want to go now!

Got our tickets for the 24th Aug by courier this morning - only ordered them yesterday! first FP is at 9am so an early start but planning to go back to the hotel for 4pm, then back to MK for 5. Not decided on costumes yet, I want to go as Jack, with the rest of the family as Lock Shock & Barrel, but not sure they are up for it.
dunny_budgie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 18, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Percairwen
Helping Minnie

Went for the first time last year. Didn't dress up - wish we had.

Took an extra bag to fill with candy - you get soooo much.

Make sure you grab a park map on the way in as it shows you where all the candy trails are. We got on Peter pan with a five minute wait!

Such a great night!

My heart belongs to the headless horseman
Percairwen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 18, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Lightyear
slightly serious Dibber

I've been a few times so hopefully have some tips

1. Party-goers start filling the park from 4pm, we have an ice cream on Main St and people watch for all of the costumes
2. Dress-up. It's so much more fun and the cast members interact more with you. That being said, don't wear anything too warm, I was a wilderness explorer last year and nearly melted.
3. If volume of candy is your thing you can have more than one bag. You can get 2 filled each at a time and when they're full they'll give you more empty ones. I had a backpack last year for candy but you could also get a locker.
4. Don't waste time on sit down meals, we grab a QS and join in the festivities early. There's always a dance party to go to or costumes to see.
5. If you want to meet the more popular characters then the queues start before the party does. Jack, Sally and the Seven Dwarves are always busy.
6. All rides are practically walk on, even SDMT and Peter Pan
7. You can get allergy bags for candy and swap tokens for specific things. I did this once and you get hardly anything. You might want to save disappointment if you have more than one child and one has loads of bags of candy and the one with allergies gets a little half bag by asking at the stations for particular things. I've asked for no nuts, no chocolate, skittles only, etc, and they've always been great at doing it.
8. The second parade is quieter
9. If you collect candy about an hour before the end then they will give you loads. We were getting full bags at some stations
Lightyear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 18, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
Think I might just where poc t-shirt and a bandana. T-shirt and themed ears for wifey maybe...
I’m Disneybounding as Snow White, my Dad’s got a t-shirt with all 7 Dwarfs on it, my husband, has a t-shirt that says ‘6 out of 7 Dwarfs aren't Happy’ and our Niece is Disneybounding as Pinocchio.
Old 11 Jul 18, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
pandanne
Imagineer

Hi Everyone, this probably sounds like a stupid question, but do you need to have park tickets as well as the MNSSHP ticket?
Old 11 Jul 18, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pandanne View Post
Hi Everyone, this probably sounds like a stupid question, but do you need to have park tickets as well as the MNSSHP ticket?
No. MNSSHP allows entry to the park from 4pm. if you have a standard park ticket as well, you can go in from opening time and stay all day (assuming you have a MNSSHP ticket)

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 18, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tesh11
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We are going 23rd October for the first time, going to have the morning by the pool, a late lunch at CRT and the doing pirates league to get ready for the party!
Tesh11 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 18, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Peanutt
VIP Dibber

Peanutt's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
I've been a few times so hopefully have some tips

1. Party-goers start filling the park from 4pm, we have an ice cream on Main St and people watch for all of the costumes
2. Dress-up. It's so much more fun and the cast members interact more with you. That being said, don't wear anything too warm, I was a wilderness explorer last year and nearly melted.
3. If volume of candy is your thing you can have more than one bag. You can get 2 filled each at a time and when they're full they'll give you more empty ones. I had a backpack last year for candy but you could also get a locker.
4. Don't waste time on sit down meals, we grab a QS and join in the festivities early. There's always a dance party to go to or costumes to see.
5. If you want to meet the more popular characters then the queues start before the party does. Jack, Sally and the Seven Dwarves are always busy.
6. All rides are practically walk on, even SDMT and Peter Pan
7. You can get allergy bags for candy and swap tokens for specific things. I did this once and you get hardly anything. You might want to save disappointment if you have more than one child and one has loads of bags of candy and the one with allergies gets a little half bag by asking at the stations for particular things. I've asked for no nuts, no chocolate, skittles only, etc, and they've always been great at doing it.
8. The second parade is quieter
9. If you collect candy about an hour before the end then they will give you loads. We were getting full bags at some stations
Thanks for the tips... we are going to do this for the first time (DS is going to love the 2 bags idea and the last point - his aim is the most candy he can get lol)
Peanutt is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List