Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Jul 18, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
MJ6987
Very Serious Dibber

What is your favourite “land” at WDW?

So, this could be a land at MK or AK, an “area” at HS or a Pavillion / Country in Epcot.

Take into account everything including attractions, theming / immersion, food, overall feel or whatever is important to you.

MJ6987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Frontierland for me, with Pandora a close 2nd.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
HirosBaymax
slightly serious Dibber

For me it has to be Main Street USA MK, The first time I saw it was during haloween, the theming was amazing, I still remember my first time walking in, seeing the Mickey pumpkin heads scattered all over, the colours of orange and purple, dark greens. I remember seeing the castle as I turned the corner, smelling that popcorn, the mainstream bakery, walking into the shops. It was an incredible feeling and it sticks with me until this very day
Old 13 Jul 18, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Mobile

Toy Story Land

Haha. Kidding. It's Pandora and main street USA and frontierland
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Please can I have 2?!...
MK would defo be Main Street just because there is that special 'heart full of emotion' feeling that I get when I walk along Main Street - that first glimpse of the Castle and the general buzz of excitement... Makes me soooo happy!
But in terms of 'land' theming etc it's Pandora. I love how I feel transported to somewhere else. It feels so exotic and I could just sit and people watch and absorb the ambience all day long. Plus it has my favourite ever ride (FoP)

Edited at 11:12 AM. Reason: typo
Th1nkT1nk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Production central hs. Small area always a good feeling there. No idea why that stands out. But thats mine.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Frontierland and Liberty Square ... oh, and I also love Africa in DAK.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MJ6987
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mattyped View Post
Production central hs. Small area always a good feeling there. No idea why that stands out. But thats mine.
Where is that? I can’t place it. Although, I find that HS has the least defined lands.
MJ6987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

That is a really tough question, do I pick based on rides or ignoring the bias caused by the rides...

For the former I would say Main Street, nothing close close to that feeling as you step onto Main St for the first time on a trip (not to mention it being the perfect place to watch the fireworks or the sadly missed electric parade.)

If I was to include the full experience, food, rides and themeing, then I would probably go with Frontier Land. Splash and Thunder have always been favorites since I first visited in 94, no trip would be complete without a lunch at Paco Bills, and I love the wild west style themeing. Its also our go to spot for watching Boo to You on MNSSHP

All this said, I suspect if you were to ask me after we next visit (likely to be not for another 4 or 5 years at this rate), I will almost certainly say Star Wars Land...
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Liberty Square, small but perfectly formed
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List