Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Jul 18, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Kinggie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile How scary are the rides at Seaworld!

We haven’t been to Seaworld in about 10 years and tbh I dint remember doing any ride last time we went,

I’m not bit on big rollercoaster (scared of height). To give you an idea I went once on Rip Rockit at Universsl and thought I was seriously going to die! Never again.

Are the rides in SW as scary as that?

Thanks
2016 Disney - LBV
2018 Universal - Pointe Orlando
Kinggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Row
Helping Mickey

I think so! I only went on one, Manta, and thought I was going to die. Cried most of the way round it which my 11 yr old thought was hilarious... I didn't go on any of the other big roller coasters, although husband and daughter loved them. I loved the penguin ride and the water ride though and I did enjoy our day at Seaworld, once I got over the shock of Manta.

Saratoga Springs - August 2011
Old Key West & Royal Pacific Resort - August 2014
NYC, Royal Pacific Resort & Yacht Club - July 2016

Mrs Row is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Kinggie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mrs Row View Post
I think so! I only went on one, Manta, and thought I was going to die. Cried most of the way round it which my 11 yr old thought was hilarious... I didn't go on any of the other big roller coasters, although husband and daughter loved them. I loved the penguin ride and the water ride though and I did enjoy our day at Seaworld, once I got over the shock of Manta.
Oh well look like I’m going to have to sit them out then! Honestly after I went on Rip Rockit we had to go home as I was traumatised 😳😳🙄🙄
2016 Disney - LBV
Kinggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Mako and Manta, SeaWorld coasters, are much more intense than Rip Ride Rockit IMO.

Now Kraken uses VR (or did), so you may be able to do that as you are not aware of the height so much. Without the VR I'd say Kraken was less intense than RRR.

Atlantis is a lovely coaster, tame in my opinion.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Row
Helping Mickey

I can imagine - I wouldn't even have tried it! When I came off Manta I felt like I needed a large glass of wine and to lie down in a darkened room...
I don't remember having to hang around and wait for them on loads of rides though, I only remember another 2 big coasters that I didn't ride.

Saratoga Springs - August 2011
Old Key West & Royal Pacific Resort - August 2014
NYC, Royal Pacific Resort & Yacht Club - July 2016

Mrs Row is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Kinggie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Forkbeard View Post
Mako and Manta, SeaWorld coasters, are much more intense than Rip Ride Rockit IMO.

Now Kraken uses VR (or did), so you may be able to do that as you are not aware of the height so much. Without the VR I'd say Kraken was less intense than RRR.
Atlantis is a lovely coaster, tame in my opinion.
I went on Everest and whilst it was still scary it wasn’t too bad as it was inside most of the time. Does Kraken does loop the loop and all that or is it just a few drops? I’m thinking with the VR I might just manage it as long as it’s not too intense
2016 Disney - LBV
Old 14 Jul 18, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Kinggie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Sod that just watched a YouTube video 😂😂😂 not a chance!
2016 Disney - LBV
Old 14 Jul 18, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

If I'm honest, if you didn't like Rockit you shouldn't do the three main coasters at Sea World but everything else you will be fine with. Nothing else there I would describe as particularly intense.
Old 14 Jul 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Joelin
Trainee Dibber

First time we went to Orlando ,the first ride we did was the rip ride rocket,I was up for it until the first drop. On our ride DVD,my eyes are closed the whole way round,I honestly thought one of the kids was going to fall out and I felt physically sick with nerves. I am just not comfortable with rollercoasters that don’t have over the head restraints. On our 2nd visit,I tried it again and actually enjoyed it a little after reading about the physics of how you don’t fall out 🙈

At Seaworld,I loved Manta and Kraken was fine other than the fact I went for VR and the headset loosened so I couldn’t enjoy it. Mako on the other hand - no thanks. Again,it doesn’t have an over the head restraint so there is lots of airtime when your bum is off the seat. Here’s my face...

Edited at 09:15 PM.
Joelin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kinggie View Post
Sod that just watched a YouTube video 😂😂😂 not a chance!
LOL

I honestly think with the VR on you probably would be okay, but then again the VR made me feel quite sick, as in motion sickness, so maybe not?!?
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List