Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 13 May 11, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Darth Tater
VIP Dibber

I have merged this with your other thread that you have from the 4th May.
Old 13 May 11, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by catsandtrees View Post
Cannot help in any way but just wanted to wish you good luck in trying to resolve your situation. If you do call disney then you can use someone like 'justcall'. Dial 0844 869 9900 and when it asks for the number dial 001 first. It only costs 1p per minute.
Fab thanks, think im just going to ring them and try put myself out my worry... Thanks everyone there really should be a sticky about buying tickets on ebay because it only ends in misery
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 11, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Darth Tater View Post
I have merged this with your other thread that you have from the 4th May.
Fab thanks!
Old 13 May 11, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by rebecca86 View Post
He has proof that he posted them and that they are genuine tickets, we cant provide anything to say they are not valid unless we get disney to verify
How have you been communicating with the seller, if they have put in writing that they have cancelled the tickets and/or says he will give you a refund then surely that can be sent as part of the dispute.

Sounds as though he has tried to pull a fast one selling tickets as part of a package, not realising they will be cancelled along with everything else.

I know when we had to cancel a holiday due to chickenpox, the insurance company needed us to send in the tickets before paying out.

Your best hope IMO is still through raising a dispute.
Old 13 May 11, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Dippy Dog View Post
If you send the details of the tickets to Disney - can they tell you if they are valid? Say a friend bought them for you and you want to check they're real
A strange kind of friend that would spend that amount of money on you and for you then to be unsure if the tickets were real

I'm sure Disney would catch on that OP had bought the tickets in uncertain circumstances.
Old 13 May 11, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
WickedPlans
Imagineer

WickedPlans's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I agree with Jakey.
If the seller has put in writing that the tickets are void, then that must form part of your dispute with Paypal.
If he said he would refund you, I would include that in the dispute too.
Easter 2010, Florida Pines Villa - Avoiding Disasters, Lessons in Autism: Trip Report
Easter 2012, Sunset Lakes Villa - No Rest for the Wicked: Trip Report
WickedPlans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 11, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaid2sea
slightly serious Dibber

Fingers crossed that you get a refund. The buyer has admitted that they are void.
2011 - Saratoga Springs
mermaid2sea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 11, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Debsc1
Excited about Disney

Hope that paypal do sort out your dispute
If they don't, I am sure there will be other options. Have you thought about getting some advice from Trading Standards or Citizens Advice? I would have thought you would at least be able to report it as a crime to the police, and possibly take him to the small claims court for your money back if you could get his name and address. Hope it works out for you.
2003 Formosa Villa, 2005 DLRP, 2006 Hampton Lakes Villa, 2007 Formosa Villa/Wildnerness Lodge, 2008 Formosa Villa/Sanibel, 2009 Hard Rock Hotel/Formosa Villa/Key Largo, 2010 Emerald Island Villa/Sanibel, 2011 Emerald Island Villa/Sanibel. 2013 Emerald Island /Sanibel 2014 Sanibel/DCL/BLT 2015 Sanibel/Windsor Hills 2017 AKL/BLT 2018 BCV/AKV 2019 CBBR/SSR
2020 Poly/BWV/RPR cancelled 2021 RPR/AKV/RR/CR cancelled Anthem of the Seas
Debsc1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 11, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Hi,

Im after some advice, we have purchased 14 day ultimate disney tickets from someone on ebay who can no longer make their holiday, he has good feedback ect and certain they are 100% just something he said baffled me and I dont want to ask him repeated questions!

He said the tickets are standard UK tickets and we need to sign them on the back and the biometrics will be done at the gate on our first visit?

Does anybody know what this means!?!

Thanks!
Who was the seller on ebay there are a few tickets for sale on there now.

All he has to do is report them stolen after he sold them you and they will be made viod.
When you buy park tickets you can pay a little extra for insurance againt loss or damage.
So its an easy scam buy tickets with insurance
Sell them on ebay
get paid
report them lost
claim new tickets from insurance
Hey presto he has free tickets paid for by you for his holiday...

Have you thought about going to the police im pretty sure it comes under fraud and deception.
And im sure you have enough information for this person to be tracked down..
worth a try

Disney will have no sympathy with you they are dead against people buying tickets from touts.
TEL N KEL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 11, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Everyone,

The plot has now thickened on our tickets...they arrived today via special delivery and all seems ok.

The seller then sent me an email saying that because he is a long standing disney member they have decided to give him a refund and have voided our tickets so can I send them back to him? I asked why he needed them back if they were no longer valid and he stated that his grandaughter wanted them so she could travel later in the year. All very fishy and becoming a bit of a nightmare.

Have emailed disney direct to see if they can validate the tickets but just wanted to know if anyone had ever heard of tickets being refunded or void?

Thanks... and if anyone is reading this and thinking of buying cheap tickets off ebay, seriously dont its really not worth the saving you make!
This is more than a bit fishy, I would say it's about the size of a beached whale. If they have voided the tickets how is his grandaughter supposed to be able to use them later in the year?

I tend to agree with the other Dibbers, I think he has cancelled his holiday for some reason or another and he probably thought he could make a few quid selling the tickets not realising that the tickets. would get cancelled and he would have to return them
Closed Thread