Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 31 Aug 13, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
littleacceb
Being a bit Goofy

Wonderful, thank you. We're not going until the end of January, but I do get myself in a bit of a panic about these things!
littleacceb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 13, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jon&Emz
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
i called wdw yesterday to ask about adding my ultimate tickets, which are part of my virgin package.
The CM I spoke to understood what and why I was asking and spoke to his superior but couldn't confirm the details of my tickets because virgin work as a wholesaler and as such don't actually create an entitlement to a ticket until nearer the time of arrival (which the CM agreed will need to be sorted with FP+ begin available).

They asked me to call virgin to enable the entitlement, which I tried but that dept was closed.

Yet.. when i logged back in about an hour later 3x ultimate tickets were showing and I could book Fastpasses...

not sure if this is because wdw tried to trick the system into giving me the entitlement or if they managed to get virgin to release it from their side.

either way it works now.

Jon&Emz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 13, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Pudders
Apprentice Imagineer

Not sure if you're allowed to post from other websites but this blog post on Q&As to Fastpass+ & Magic Bands recently is excellent and answers a lot including:

Q. Can I used the FastPass+ program if I don’t have a MagicBand?

A. UPDATED 9-3-13: If you’re not staying at a Disney resort and you don’t pay the fee to upgrade your card ticket to MagicBand, you should still be able to link your ticket to the My Disney Experience app and use FastPass+.

attractionsmagazine/blog/...ions-answered/
Old 8 Nov 13, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
peckachu
Excited about Disney

Clearly some peoples experience with Virgin is different to mine. I messaged their Facebook page to help link my Ultimate Tickets prior to my trip in April. I was told that I wouldn't be getting any magic bands as, and I quote... "The Magic Bands aren't in place at present as Disney are still testing these at certain hotels. It goes live on the 01st January 2014 but this will be for Disney bookings direct only."

This isn't my understanding of the band system can anyone suggest what to do?
peckachu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 13, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
littleacceb
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by peckachu View Post
Clearly some peoples experience with Virgin is different to mine. I messaged their Facebook page to help link my Ultimate Tickets prior to my trip in April. I was told that I wouldn't be getting any magic bands as, and I quote... "The Magic Bands aren't in place at present as Disney are still testing these at certain hotels. It goes live on the 01st January 2014 but this will be for Disney bookings direct only."

This isn't my understanding of the band system can anyone suggest what to do?
If that's the case, then they've lost me as a customer for life. I'm hoping that they've done the usual thing of hiring a numpty to man their Facebook page and what they actually mean is that the testing is for direct Disney bookings only.
littleacceb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 13, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
littleacceb
Being a bit Goofy

Ok, definitely sounded like a hysterical type there, but dude, seriously. I don't go to non Disney theme parks because of so many memories of going and riding three rides all day because the wait times were so crazy. If everybody else gets Fastpass and Virgin customers don't then that'll make for a pretty lame experience.
Old 8 Nov 13, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Right now, everyone that stays at a Disney hotel gets MagicBands. That will include Virgin customers (Virgin don't get to decide whether you get them or not - its up to Disney).

If you don't get your reservation number and personalise your MagicBand on the MDE website, you'll get plain grey bands.

Offsite guests do not get MagicBands and currently cannot get fastpass+s.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 13, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
littleacceb
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Right now, everyone that stays at a Disney hotel gets MagicBands. That will include Virgin customers (Virgin don't get to decide whether you get them or not - its up to Disney).

If you don't get your reservation number and personalise your MagicBand on the MDE website, you'll get plain grey bands.

Offsite guests do not get MagicBands and currently cannot get fastpass+s.
Sorry, let me clarify. It's not so much about MagicBands themselves as it is about the ability to book Fastpass+

What do you know about that?
Old 9 Nov 13, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 13, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by littleacceb View Post
Sorry, let me clarify. It's not so much about MagicBands themselves as it is about the ability to book Fastpass+

What do you know about that?
Ah, I was answering peckachu's post about MagicBands not being available to Virgin customers and only available to Disney direct bookings. Which is totally wrong.

What you need is the ticket reference numbers, which your tour operator should be able to provide. I've read about other people getting these from their TAs. Or they'll be linked to your Disney booking on the My Disney Experience account. See the earlier posts by Shifu and Jon&Emz, for example. (Beyond that, I can't help).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread