Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Jan 14, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post

buggy hire company or just hire in the parks?

we are thinking of getting a buggy for our son as he will only just be 5 when we are out in florida and i have seen many parents say what a god send they were for there tired children, but i am just starting to look at whether or not to hire one from one of the buggy hire companies or just to hire one in the park.

i was also toying with the idea of buying one from publix or walmart but would want quite a good and comfortable one so was thinking they might be more expensive than hiring one

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 14, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post

I think at 5 you would need a pretty sturdy buggy and not a flimsy $20 dollar one.

To rent in the parks is really expensive, I've seen a lot of comments about people renting from a company called Orlando strollers I think it is, if I remember right a baby jogger is about $110 plus tax.
Old 7 Jan 14, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Happyjo40
Excited about Disney

Hi there, I have been in the same position as yourselves, and we have bought one previously from Walmart, Im sure it was only about $15 or something like that, our friends bought a cheap one to take too. But I would definitely recommend that you take/buy one, no-one wants a crabby tired little one, once they're snuggled down and asleep you can enjoy the fireworks!
Happyjo40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 14, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

We went to Walmart and got one, I cannot remember how much it was exactly, but it was cheap...around $20 - $30 and it was fantastic. Very lightweight and not too large. We found it invaluable. The ones in the park seem huge and not comfy..for the price this was a great option.
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 14, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Couldn't you pick up a second hand one from a boot sale and take it with you it would be much cheaper than renting one once you get there
Old 7 Jan 14, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
champagnegirl26
Imagineer

champagnegirl26's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hire the baby jogger city mini gt from orlando stroller rentals this pushchair will easily take the age of your child is a dream to push and so easy to fold. Especially useful if you are offsite but visiting mk as you can keep it until the TCC unlike disney strollers. The GT version of this pushchair is slightly bigger than the city mini but takes a heavier weight.

June 2007 Masters Inn hotel Kissimmee
June 2008 Disney resort tour
May2009 Oak plantation villas
May 2010 Pop century
May 2014 Dibb villa
Aug 2016 Dibb villa
May 2018 Dibb villa
May 2019 Cumbrian lakes villa.
champagnegirl26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 14, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

It's not just about their comfort but yours as well. I always cringe when I see a really tall parent slouched over pushing a pushchair because handles aren't adj etx!

I'd def go with the Baby Jogger Mini GT. It's what we have at home and our pretty tall four year old used it for a weekend in London with no problems. Her younger smaller sister was relegated to a cheaper pushchair!
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 14, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by champagnegirl26 View Post
Hire the baby jogger city mini gt from orlando stroller rentals this pushchair will easily take the age of your child is a dream to push and so easy to fold. Especially useful if you are offsite but visiting mk as you can keep it until the TCC unlike disney strollers. The GT version of this pushchair is slightly bigger than the city mini but takes a heavier weight.
I have this in a double and my two little ones weigh nearly 5 stone between them and it's still a dream to push. I'm going up take this with us.
Old 7 Jan 14, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sunkisser
Imagineer

I would buy or rent from orlando stroller rentals as it's the evenings and getting out of the parks where your son will be most tired. He may not use it much during the daytime, and you have to leave the Disney ones in the park. We queued for 1 1/2 hrs to get out of Disney after wishes one year. Thank goodness we had our own stroller as DD fell asleep in it!
Old 7 Jan 14, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post

thanx so much for the reply's. i am def going to look at orlando strollers as i want all of us to be comfortable and sounds like the best option.
Closed Thread