Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Jun 14, 06:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mel5678 View Post
Can we use OCLI at any time or do we have to wait until a couple of days before our holiday? We have already booked and paid for our car from rentalcars.com. Thank you
You can Alamo Savetime or OLCI any time when you have your booking Ref number. I aways do it stright away but you could leave till the last day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 14, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Mel5678
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by juneandpeter View Post
You can Alamo Savetime or OLCI any time when you have your booking Ref number. I aways do it stright away but you could leave till the last day.
Thank you.
Mel5678 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 14, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
g1970
Imagineer

g1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by bubbleand View Post
My recent experience (april 2014) was. Booked via Brits, did savetime and went straight to the garage with my paperwork and barcode (paperwork said go to desk although it included barcode). Staff in garage asked to see paperwork and said that I need to go to desk, as stated on my paperwork. They would not let me get a car or try using the printed barcode. I ended up going over to desk, fortunately short que. Family waited in garage. Bit annoying but eventually sorted. Going back in august. Will go straight to desk rather than wasting time trying to shortcut. Just my experience.
Was this Sanford or MCO? I wonder if it's the OLCI that makes a difference. Not even sure if I've done this or not
g1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 14, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
MickeyMolzeza
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Mobile

Got the same issue, booked through Ocean Florida, because third party has booked it, even though I've filled in all my details on their website, still told to go to the desk, had a web chat with someone who confirmed this. Hopefully as all details have been given and we've upgraded to intermediate suv I'm hoping we won't get too much hassle and can de dealt with quickly.
MickeyMolzeza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 14, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Chris106
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by MickeyMolzeza View Post
Got the same issue, booked through Ocean Florida, because third party has booked it, even though I've filled in all my details on their website, still told to go to the desk, had a web chat with someone who confirmed this. Hopefully as all details have been given and we've upgraded to intermediate suv I'm hoping we won't get too much hassle and can de dealt with quickly.

I did OLCI/Savetime both said go to the desk,ignored this on Juneandpeters advice and went straight to the garage,showed paperwork and said I'd done Savetime and had barcode,chose vehicle and handed paperwork/licences over at exit booth,received copy of rental agreement etc, no problem Alamo staff are always going to tell you to go the desk,apparently some can earn $10,000 a month in commission
Chris106 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 14, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by bubbleand View Post
My recent experience (april 2014) was. Booked via Brits, did savetime and went straight to the garage with my paperwork and barcode (paperwork said go to desk although it included barcode). Staff in garage asked to see paperwork and said that I need to go to desk, as stated on my paperwork. They would not let me get a car or try using the printed barcode. I ended up going over to desk, fortunately short que. Family waited in garage. Bit annoying but eventually sorted. Going back in august. Will go straight to desk rather than wasting time trying to shortcut. Just my experience.
There is no reason as I have said many times before the barrier,the garage desk and the main counter all have the same computer and printer.I have done save time 6times now and never had a problem.The last time was 3 weeks ago
Old 2 Jun 14, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch73
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mel5678 View Post
Can we use OCLI at any time or do we have to wait until a couple of days before our holiday? We have already booked and paid for our car from rentalcars.com. Thank you
Originally Posted by FeFe View Post
I was just gonna ask the same question lol
We did ours last week

WDW - 2005, 2010, 2014, 2018
DLP - 2008, 2009,2017
DLC - 2020, 2023,
Stitch73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 14, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
bubbleand
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by juneandpeter View Post
There is no reason as I have said many times before the barrier,the garage desk and the main counter all have the same computer and printer.I have done save time 6times now and never had a problem.The last time was 3 weeks ago
As described originally this was our experience. I know I have read it on here many times, go straight to the garage (MCO). That was why I did it!
I pushed quite hard against the Alamo employees in the garage, but they refused to let me proceed without going to the desk as that was what my paperwork said even though it had barcode.
I can't explain why but that's the way it happened. You get to a point where you have no choice or waste even more time. Fortunately when I got back to the desk (Wife and daughter waited at Alamo kiosk in garage), the que was small. Going again in August and will probably go straight to desk unless my savetime paperwork says different.
bubbleand is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 14, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Did you get different paperwork when you went back to the desk? or the same as you normally get at the barrier. Maybe it was the person not the system we have all met them.
Old 2 Jun 14, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Just booked my Save Time so now have a bar code to scan :-)
Closed Thread