Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jul 14, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Lozza
Very Serious Dibber

I don't think you can go straight to the garage if you've hired a car seat off them or a GPS. Then, you have go to the desk. Maybe somebody can clarify this?

I only mention it as we're hiring a car seat as the one we've got at home needs the isofix base and it's not something we think we can take with us? Or has anybody done this successfully?

All advice greatly received as ever
Lozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 14, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Maryj
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I have seen the car seats stacked up in the garage so you might just need to ask one of the garage staff for one. We always bring our car seat so I'm not sure about that one.
I did the save time today and have the printout with the barcode, it is a bit confusing, but from memory last year we just selected our car and gave the paperwork and licences to the person on the exit barrier.
We have booked a full size so for 2 adults and 2 children we should be okay. We can put luggage on the backseat if the boot isn't big enough.
Maryj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 14, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Lozza
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you. I think we might just take our own, buy a bag to put it in and check it in...rather than give Alamo £75.
Lozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 14, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Ok, updated a little

IF YOU COMPLETE SAVETIME, ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS PRINT OUT THE BARCODE AND THEN WHEN YOU GET TO MCO GO STRAIGHT TO THE GARAGE THAT IS ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE CAR HIRE DESKS. DO NOT GO TO THE DESK. DO NOT GO TO A KIOSK. GO STRAIGHT TO THE GARAGE. YOU CAN ALSO PICK UP YOUR CAR SEAT AT THE GARAGE. DO NOT GO TO THE DESK. YOU WILL BE GIVEN YOUR RENTAL AGREEMENT AT THE BARRIER AS YOU DRIVE OUT. REPEAT, DO NOT GO TO THE DESK
Old 24 Jul 14, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
AnnaB
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I know the print out says go to the desk but we print all the paperwork including the one with the bar code and have ways gone straight to the garage at orlando airport.
AnnaB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 14, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
The bold capitals still aren't enough for my dh!

We actually did save time last year, but he wanted to still go to the counter-as that is what it stated on the paperwork.

We are getting closer this year-to actually omitting the desk-however, he is still not convinced

We are flying into Sanford-does this make a difference?
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 14, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

In an ideal. world it's great but for those of us that save times not working for...
then what? 😳
Libby29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 14, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
saffy202
Apprentice Imagineer

So if we do save time, do we bring the car back full or empty? Just got caught out last time.
Old 24 Jul 14, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lozza
Very Serious Dibber

IF YOU COMPLETE SAVETIME, ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS PRINT OUT THE BARCODE AND THEN WHEN YOU GET TO MCO GO STRAIGHT TO THE GARAGE THAT IS ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE CAR HIRE DESKS. DO NOT GO TO THE DESK. DO NOT GO TO A KIOSK. GO STRAIGHT TO THE GARAGE. YOU CAN ALSO PICK UP YOUR CAR SEAT AT THE GARAGE. DO NOT GO TO THE DESK. YOU WILL BE GIVEN YOUR RENTAL AGREEMENT AT THE BARRIER AS YOU DRIVE OUT. REPEAT, DO NOT GO TO THE DESK
Haha, thanks for the update...apologies for the extra work!
Old 24 Jul 14, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Originally Posted by married2mm View Post
The bold capitals still aren't enough for my dh!

We actually did save time last year, but he wanted to still go to the counter-as that is what it stated on the paperwork.

We are getting closer this year-to actually omitting the desk-however, he is still not convinced

We are flying into Sanford-does this make a difference?
Not sure if Savetime works at Sanford... sure someone will know for sure?

Originally Posted by Libby29 View Post
In an ideal. world it's great but for those of us that save times not working for...
then what? 😳
Why isn't it working?

Originally Posted by saffy202 View Post
So if we do save time, do we bring the car back full or empty? Just got caught out last time.
The choice is yours... just tell the guy at the barrier what you would prefer.