Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Aug 15, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

With pay on arrival with Alamo, is there a cancellation charge for a "no show"

It's a great backup plan in case Hertz don't honour the booking but if they do, I don't want to pay Alamo a cancelation charge
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 15, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Crispy
Gone all Goofy

There wasn't last year because when you made a booking for pay on arrival they didn't ask for payment details so they couldn't. First time they had payment details was upon collection of car. Try a dummy booking and see if it's changed.
Crispy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 15, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
Why not book another car with Alamo/Brits and pay on arrival then at least you know you have aback up plan if hertz won't honour your booking. If you don't have a problem with hertz then just forget about your Alamo booking or tell them you won't be collecting the car. Used pay on arrival last year and paid price that was quoted when I booked in January
That's what I've done.
Old 2 Aug 15, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
There wasn't last year because when you made a booking for pay on arrival they didn't ask for payment details so they couldn't. First time they had payment details was upon collection of car. Try a dummy booking and see if it's changed.
Why didn't I think of that?

That's what I'll do so ! Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 15, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
nanu
Imagineer

I used Hertz back in 2010 and there was no hard sell. OH forgot his credit card so we had to use mine, even though he was the driver, and there was no issue with that. We even got a free upgrade.

I saw a programme on the telly a couple of weeks ago about booking your car hire online and using another country's site. There was no issue with doing this as we can use any EU site due to the European free trade. I would just join the Gold Club and book through the French site.
1988 New York Penta & Orl. Radisson Maingate 1990 Orl. Marriott I-Drive, Premier Cruise & Cocoa Beach Hilton 1997 Orl. La Suites I-Drive 2002 Orl. Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Las Vegas Luxor 2007 Orl. Port Orleans French Quarter 2010 Orl. Windsor Palms villa 2012 Orl. Rolling Hills villa & RPR Universal 2015 Orl. Indian Creek villa & Naples Bay Resort 2017 Orl. Highlands Reserve villa 2018 Barefoot Beach Resort & Orl. Highgate Park villa
nanu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 15, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Disney
VIP Dibber

Another one who has book an Escalade for the tidy sum of $471 for 2 weeks in October this year - works out around £314.

I hadn't really thought about a back up plan to be honest - I'm fairly confident everything will be fine...
1996 - ASMusic 2000 - Econolodge Hawaiian 2002 - Offsite villa somewhere... 2003 - Cumbrian Lakes 2005 - Emerald Island & Nickelodeon Hotel 2007 - Formosa Gardens and RPR 2008 - Orange Tree 2010 - Tuscan Hills & RPR 2012 - SSR 2014 - SSR & HRH 2015 - OKW & HRH 2018 - OKW & RPR Club level 2022 - BEACH CLUB & RPR Club level
Mrs Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 15, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mousemad
Imagineer

mousemad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
If they give you the hard sell, just say 'We've got an Escalade, why wouljd we want anything else?' Theres only DH & I going (theres 11 of in total but all going off doing odifferent things so will need our own car) so only need a small car otherwise I would have booked this without a doubt!

Can people please post when they get back how it went?
'18 Madeira beach*'17 Vero beach*'16 40th wedding trip*'15 Siesta Key,Barefoot*'14 Lilli&Joe 1st trip*'13 Cruise,Ft L'dale & AMI*'12 Barefoot,AMI*'11 12go2c Harry*'11 DH B'day Cruise*'10 Barefoot*09 Ft L'dale,Kissimmee*07 Big50,Orlando,Cruise*07 Barefoot*06 Kissimmee*05 Orlando*02 San Diego,Vegas,LA*99 San Diego,Vegas,LA*93 Kissimmee,Clearwater*90 Orlando*81, Ft L'dale,KeyWest,Orlando
mousemad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 15, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I think I may be the first- Nov 28 this year- if so I will post back. I think I will book an alamo back up just in case though.

Have to wonder just how many of these cars they stock, cant be that many!
gavvy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 15, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
biggee30
Proud to wear my Ears

I have the escalade deal too.

My concern for the pay on arrival deal is that they reservation charge comes off when you return the car.

I like the idea of the back up alamo hire just in case.
Old 3 Aug 15, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyD
Imagineer

DisneyD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 14
We've booked the escalade for next oct/nov 10 nights for the princely sum of £280! I'm a gold member but can't remember does this give u extra driver free?