Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Sep 15, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
stan_the_man
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PENELOPE View Post
I refuse to drive in holiday as I don't want the stress or worry whilst I'm at the happiest place on earth, so for that reason we use taxis and buses. Mears are over priced compared to taxis that are parked up at the walmart, and on two occasions I felt our lives had been in danger as the driving was that bad. Looking forward to trying uber next year.
I think this is why we will try Uber this trip, previous times with Mears we have been in and out of traffic, drivers with no seat belt on, and always on their cellphones!

Uber work on a rating system, and if you don't give them 5 stars after a trip, they can lose their jobs. I think that is a better guarantee of a safe trip than anything (the fact it is about half the price is also a bonus!)

Allergy-Friendly Food Report 2015
stan_the_man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 15, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
innyinskip
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
You can tip your driver in cash at the end of your journey.
I heard that you dont actually tip as the tip is calculated into the fare ?
innyinskip is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 15, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Jenfie80
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Does anyone know if I can chosen whether to use my free credit or charge my card? It's just we plan on going to Walmart our first evening, this fare will only cost around $6-8 then we will lose the rest of free credit x
Jenfie80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 15, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Ballerina
Very Serious Dibber

Ballerina's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by innyinskip View Post
I heard that you dont actually tip as the tip is calculated into the fare ?
Uber don't want you to tip the drivers, this is so no cash exchanges hand in the car. The drivers are rated by you at the end of your ride and the drivers get bonuses each month if there ratings are high. I was told this by a Uber driver.
Ballerina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 15, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Ballerina
Very Serious Dibber

Ballerina's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
You can tip your driver in cash at the end of your journey.
Uber don't want you to tip the drivers, this is so no cash exchanges hand in the car. The drivers are rated by you at the end of your ride and the drivers get bonuses each month if there ratings are high. I was told this by a Uber driver.
Ballerina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 15, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
innyinskip
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by Ballerina View Post
Thank you for clearing that up
innyinskip is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 15, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Jenfie80 View Post
Does anyone know if I can chosen whether to use my free credit or charge my card? It's just we plan on going to Walmart our first evening, this fare will only cost around $6-8 then we will lose the rest of free credit x
It is always vouchers first then card
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 15, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Jenfie80
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
It is always vouchers first then card
Thanks x can you add promo code after first use?
Jenfie80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 15, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jenfie80 View Post
No, your free credit is for your first fare with uber so you can't choose when to use the credit.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 15, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by princess-momo View Post
how much for instance would and uber be from OKW to say, Universal? i've downloaded their app but isn't giving me a quote for some reason ¬_¬ really interested in this service and will definitely be keeping them in mind for a walmart dash haha
I used from Saratoga Springs (very close to OKW) to Universal and it cost just under $15 (about £10 came off my credit card)
The other family we travelled with were dubious about using Uber as didn't want to have their credit card details attached, and paid $37 with Mears
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread