Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 9 Mar 16, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

I assume the £600 is for 4 tickets so you have paid the price of 4 2park 14 day tickets. If they want to argue just tell them you are taking it up with trading standards.
If you paid by credit card have a word with your provider as they are obviously misleading buyers. :angry:

However I am sure you will get the correct tickets.
Old 9 Mar 16, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Someone has pointed out the little clock that says 2d next to it (which I didn't see, I just read the text), all their other tickets have that symbol next to them with the number of days (14 day disney ultimate has 14, 7 day has 7) so I am inclined to think he's right and they've just worded it really badly making me think it was 14 days

The voucher does say it's only valid on the 29th, which again was not really made clear before booking, I assumed they were asking for a date but it wouldn't be the only day you could pick up a 14 day ticket (I mean some people book tickets a year in advance plans change!)

I've just posted another post on their facebook page again explaining everything and asking for a refund before Monday. I can't believe they wouldn't have anyone in charge until Monday!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 16, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post

The problem now is I'm not convinced that I would get the tickets that I need that I would be able to pick up them up on any other date other than the one on the voucher.

So all I'd want is a refund because I'd be terrified I'd get there and we wouldn't be able to get in.
Old 9 Mar 16, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

I would believe that this is a 14 day ticket also! Surely they can't say its a 2 day ticket just by putting a clock symbol and 2d next to it? If someone hadn't pointed it out I would have just assumed it was an offer that has two days left to run maybe.

I hope you get it sorted, I'm sure there have been loads of people getting tickets from expedia and this hasn't come up before?

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 16, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

The three park ticket has a clock with three days next to it which makes me think that it is wrong also.

BTW Florida Escapes were selling Two park 14 day Universal Tickets today for £142 for adult. Real tickets too not vouchers.

Edited at 11:36 PM.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 16, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
jackster14
Very Serious Dibber

I hope you get this sorted soon and they tell you they've got it wrong and it is a 14 day ticket. It's shocking really to expect you to wait until Monday.
Good luck in getting it sorted.
jackster14 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 16, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post

Take a screen dump of the wording on their website just in case they update it and you have no proof of how badly worded it was.
Old 10 Mar 16, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
catsandtrees
Imagineer

Have you read the rules and restrictions on the payment page?

expedia/Checkout/L...a-84849197ce1c

I think you are ok, I think agent has made a mistake. Don't wait until Monday, ring tomorrow
2013 - Sorry kids no trip this year
May 2014 - NYC & Florida trip but no report
2015 - "really mum, no trip again!"
July 2016 - HRH/RPR/Villa - Yay
September 2016 - me and my dad go to Amsterdam
March 2017 - me and my sister go to Iceland
August 2017 - mums 70th birthday surprise family holiday to Lanzarote
catsandtrees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 16, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BoxOfFrogs View Post
spend an age last night with a dude from expedia with him telling me that a room that sleeps 4 has just one bed
And there's your mistake. You should have spent 2 mins, given up and booked elsewhere. Seriously, if you just want a booking agent then Expedia is fine. If you want a travel agent or advice then you're in the wrong place.
Old 10 Mar 16, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Personally I think they have incorrectly done the clock and they are the normal 14 day tickets, but I can see your concern. I looked at my email from 2 years ago and the wording is identical to that used today and they were valid for the 14 days With Expedia you only get a voucher and you go to the ticket window at Univeral and change it for a real ticket that is valid for 14 days from first use. We exchanged the vouchers for tickets a few days before we started using them last year and although you give a date on the booking this was irrelevant. The tickets are 14 conseq days after first use.

Hopefully you will get it sorted soon, but unfortunately the call centres are generally not the ones to fix these type of website issues, due to the range of products expedia sell.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread