Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Nov 16, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
hellin family
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
Because the poster wrote "A glimpse of a magic band and you are waived through. Never had it checked or scanned even once"

So without scanning the magic band how else would they know.

I thought perhaps they took recognition of the number plate which tells them what insure they stay at
Yep that's right just waived the band out the car window and was told to drive on. Maybe it is read from a few feet away I don't know - surely that would pick up other bands nearby? Have never given the hire car registration to anyone so can't be that. Also I have to scan the band to raise the barrier to get in the hotel so that's not picking it up remotely.

Wendy, Jake and Lillie x

Dec 2005 New York and Florida honeymoon, Grand Reserve
Dec 2006 Anniversary Trip, Grand Reserve, Davenport
Dec 2010 Jake's first trip, Glenbrook
Jan 2011 Lillie's first trip, Windsor Palms
Feb 2013 Jake and Lillie's Grand Adventures, Florida Pines
Oct 2014 Disneys All Stars Music Resort
hellin family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 16, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post

One of the reasons to stay here is they offer free transport to Disney and universal studios which would save you 14 days parking fees
Not saying its the case in your circumstances but some of these shuttles return early in the evening which means that fireworks can often be missed.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 16, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Because the poster wrote "A glimpse of a magic band and you are waived through. Never had it checked or scanned even once"

So without scanning the magic band how else would they know.

I thought perhaps they took recognition of the number plate which tells them what insure they stay at
Many resorts now have a separate entrance for resort guests where you have to touch your Magic Band to a reader to raise the barrier into the resort.
Old 3 Nov 16, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Just my 2 penny's worth...

I understand it has to be factored in but i don't agree with the charge at all. When you park at Disney you are parking for the sole purpose of using the Park in which you have already paid a large amount of money to enter. You wouldn't park there and not use the park would you? For that reason I don't think you can compare it to parking at Oxford.

If Disney started to charge to use the toilets would we gladly pay it as the toilets need cleaning, and renewing every now and again and to not penalise people that may not use the toilet?

Old 3 Nov 16, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skipfeeney View Post
Just my 2 penny's worth...

I understand it has to be factored in but i don't agree with the charge at all. When you park at Disney you are parking for the sole purpose of using the Park in which you have already paid a large amount of money to enter. You wouldn't park there and not use the park would you? For that reason I don't think you can compare it to parking at Oxford.

If Disney started to charge to use the toilets would we gladly pay it as the toilets need cleaning, and renewing every now and again and to not penalise people that may not use the toilet?

Agreed, see my LINK below.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

It is expensive and we found it so last year even though we had factored it in to our budget but as we only spent half days in the park it seemed a lot of money for a few hours. We did try to return some evenings though to watch fireworks so we could use the parking pass again to justify the cost a bit more. However next time we are planning on spending our Disney park days on site and that will be better so we don't have to factor in parking for those days. Now if Universal hotels would stop charging for guest parking also I would be well chuffed

Edited at 11:53 AM.
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mickchick
Imagineer

mickchick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
$20 a day to park at Disney is a bargain. Here at home, in London, it costs me £40 a day, seven days a week.
mickchick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 16, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post

If you don't mind being without a car, and can't afford to stay in a Disney or Universal resort, then do as someone's suggested and book a hotel that includes transport to the parks. There are a number of them now.

I stayed at one of them on I Drive in May 2016 and the position was superb with restaurants and bars all around. The shuttles departed and collected at reasonable times (you CAN see the fireworks!) and the hotel was very good value for money. I used Mears to get from the airport to and from the hotel. no problem. I saved a lot on car hire as well as parking fees!
Old 6 Nov 16, 03:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Mikeeboy
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I've just stayed a week on site, and I had to show the parking printout at the parks. Each time the date was checked. Not interested in Magic band.

Only time magic band was scanned was driving back into resort?
Mikeeboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 16, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

Mobile

You can park at Disney Springs for free and use the bus or car share with someone else to split the cost of Disney parking or use the far right booth and then...
Stevelovesfl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread