Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Nov 16, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by mickchick View Post
$20 a day to park at Disney is a bargain. Here at home, in London, it costs me £40 a day, seven days a week.
? You have a choice where to park in London and various prices. There is no choice at Disney and the $20 is on top off the $120 entrance fee!
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 16, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I think it would be better if offsite guests could buy a parking pass to run alongside the entry ticket. It would save having to remember to have a $20 to hand at the car park entry and it could be paid for before the holiday.
Disney are definitely weighting everything towards onsite guests. No one seems to complain about paying for parking when staying at the Universal Hotels but it would be heresy on here if I suggested Disney hotel guests should be paying for parking.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 16, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

I disagree with the concept, I think it should be included on the ticket price.

However it is good quality parking, ie safety, security, organisation, we often comment at events we go to in the UK, festivals / theme parks "that they don't park them like disney do".
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 16, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post

However it is good quality parking, ie safety, security, organisation, we often comment at events we go to in the UK, festivals / theme parks "that they don't park them like disney do".
I agree with that, with one exception...

In 2014 we encountered a Brazilian family who had "lost" their vehicle. Disabled grandma, mom and young son. English was a problem too, which made matters worse. Disney would not help them. We found them crying in the car park, so we spent ages helping them driving/walking up and down. I couldn't access certain areas easily as they were coned off. In the end I found a CM in a Disney pick-up and begged him to help them as he had easy access. Fortunately he was a nice chap and saw the logic in him doing it.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 16, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
markhunter
slightly serious Dibber

In my opinion it's a bit of a rip off, I would love to know the actual amount Disney make per year on car park charges alone, it would be the budget of a small country I bet... you would think an additional cost could be built into the tickets to cover the parking in a similar way to the ultimate ticket, where the costs reduce the more you use the park ticket.
Just saying
Old 6 Nov 16, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Forkbeard View Post
I agree with that, with one exception...

In 2014 we encountered a Brazilian family who had "lost" their vehicle. Disabled grandma, mom and young son. English was a problem too, which made matters worse. Disney would not help them. We found them crying in the car park, so we spent ages helping them driving/walking up and down. I couldn't access certain areas easily as they were coned off. In the end I found a CM in a Disney pick-up and begged him to help them as he had easy access. Fortunately he was a nice chap and saw the logic in him doing it.
Are you sure Disney wouldn't help them? On every trolley to the parking lot we've even been on they tell you if you have a problem come out to the poles and look for the security truck going round. I know we've used them when our car wouldn't start.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 16, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post

Just to be devil's advocate (I don't care either way as we have APs and stay onsite so don't pay to park either way) that would be unfair on those who aren't driving, as they'd pay a higher ticket price to subsidise those driving and not paying to park.
Old 6 Nov 16, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
Are you sure Disney wouldn't help them? On every trolley to the parking lot we've even been on they tell you if you have a problem come out to the poles and look for the security truck going round. I know we've used them when our car wouldn't start.
Agreed. Lift the hood and stand by the poles looking helpless. I have seen it in action.
I have to say I would make a phonecall to help somebody but I wouldn't be driving them around! Don't have a clue who they are.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 16, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mikeeboy View Post
I've just stayed a week on site, and I had to show the parking printout at the parks. Each time the date was checked. Not interested in Magic band.

Only time magic band was scanned was driving back into resort?
we stayed at AKV kidani village, and i asked for a car pass and they do not do them, i was told its all magic band now, and it was
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 16, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
The family was adamant they'd asked several times and been told nothing Disney could do.

We found it impossible to believe, so my brother asked one of the tram drivers and he said they wouldn't help.

At that point we started helping them, and as I say I pretty much begged the CM to help them once we'd failed to locate their car. I mean the grandmother was in a wheelchair as well.

CMs and CM training is not what it used to be IMO. Lots of very very young CMs these days. Some are dumber than toast, so maybe they just didn't know or hadn't been told?!?

EDIT: If this ever happens again I'm going to video the CMs and report them. Because if it is company policy either way, someone should be told or shamed.

Edited at 10:30 PM.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread