Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Dec 16, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

If you were only there for 2 or 3 days and wanted to park hop a lot, would there not be some value in this? If you don't drive going from one park to the other can take up to an hour once you factor in waiting for a bus and security and this would reduce that time substantially.

Sorry, sorry I forgot how these threads are meant to go - is Walt doing a full spin in his grave or just half a spin for this one?
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 16, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dav220588 View Post
Sorry, sorry I forgot how these threads are meant to go - is Walt doing a full spin in his grave or just half a spin for this one?
I doubt Uncle Walt is in dynamo mode about this or any other money making venture that has come out of WDW but they need to strike a balance. Some folk save damn hard to get there only to be taunted with more and more carrots that are dangled "to enhance the experience".
Walt said "To ALL who come to this happy place, welcome!" Seems to me that the welcome is carrying an extra price tag in some areas.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
The next thing to launch is:-

Mickey Mouse wakes you up in bed with a cup of coffee. He then helps you get dressed and you get carried by the Seven Dwarfs from your room to a private bus.

This transports you direct to your park of choice and said Dwarfs again carry you to a Cabana thus avoiding the heat & sun

A VIP cast member walks around the Park with you sheltering you with a golf umbrella from the sun

At the end of the day the Dwarfs again carry you to the bus and that takes you to your restaurant of choice where Minnie Mouse has already ordered your food and cut it up into manageable pieces so you dont waste time yourself.

All this for only $3000 per day - a bargain!
Lol ...they're missing out on a captive audience by not charging us to pee,now there's a good earner for them.
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hope the directors of the Disney Corporation don't read the Daily Mail

They may have it on their next business development meeting agenda though.

dailymail/news/arti...ng-DOUBLE.html

Mick

Edited - Linda - we posted at exactly the same time

Edited at 03:48 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 16, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Geoff, Walt was fine with a ticketing system that was much more exclusionary to people with less money than anything they have right now.

You go to Disney World, you pay your entrance and you can get on all the rides. You can even book Fastpasses included in your admission price (something which Universal charge for, but apparently they are the saints of the world right now and we should all go there).

I was in Disney World a few weeks ago and if I didn't read about these things online the only one of these so called 'extras that are ruining Disney World" that I would have even noticed are the dessert parties. None of them affected my ability to watch the parade from a front row position on Main Street, none of them affected my ability to get a spot for the fireworks in front of the castle, none affected my ability to get on any of the rides I wanted to go on.

And the thing is, if a family thinks this will save them time and see a money = time value to this, then that is up to them. You can still walk to the front of the park and get your bus to the other parks exactly how you do now.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 16, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Is this free with the Ultimate pass?
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 16, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
Is this free with the Ultimate pass?
Doubt it. More like $24 a day per person if you want it.
Old 2 Dec 16, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

It's $24 dollars for length of stay.
Old 2 Dec 16, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post

I stand corrected. $24 for multi day.
I appreciate these "pay for perks" aren't mandatory but it's the principle of making people into have and have nots. And it's not as if they have been introduced over time. They all seem to be coming at once like it's a "What can we charge for next" attitude. Like people have said, don't be shocked when you suddenly have to find $2 to use a bathroom. I'm beginning to think they must have Ryanair's Michael O'Leary on the board!
Old 2 Dec 16, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

But if there are people paying for Ubers and such because they think the current resort transportation takes too long, what's wrong with Disney offering their own version?

Again, you can still get your bus/monorail/boat/drive/walk/taxi, but there is now an additional option which is similar to a taxi but provided by Disney themselves.
Closed Thread