Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Dec 16, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
FunlovinEeyore
Excited about Disney

Amending Alamo Brits

I booked car hire with Alamo Brits a few weeks ago as they were a good price. I've now got flights sorted and we have ended up moving the holiday by a day so I need to change the car hire.

When I clicked on the link in my booking email to amend, it took me to the website but seems to be making a new booking rather than changing my existing booking. It wanted me to fill out all my details again and looked as though I would be charged the full cost of the booking not the difference between the two. Am I doing something wrong?
FunlovinEeyore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 16, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

If it won't allow you to amend the booking just cancel and rebook.
Old 18 Dec 16, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
As above. You can amend to get a lower price, or to upgrade the class. To change dates you need to cancel and rebook.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 16, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I cancelled and rebooked the first time I wanted to amend as I couldn't figure out how to do it.

i have since managed to amend 3 more times as it gets cheaper and it still requires me to put my credit card details in so looks like you will get charged again, but when it has gone through and I get the email it says £ ** to be refunded.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 16, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by floridasarah View Post
I cancelled and rebooked the first time I wanted to amend as I couldn't figure out how to do it.

i have since managed to amend 3 more times as it gets cheaper and it still requires me to put my credit card details in so looks like you will get charged again, but when it has gone through and I get the email it says £ ** to be refunded.
Thats what I have done. It frightens you at first as you think you will end up with 2 cars!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 16, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
FunlovinEeyore
Excited about Disney

Thanks everyone! You reassured me enough to go ahead. I don't know whether I had done something wrong before but this time the details were populated and going through to the payment page it only wanted me to pay the £30 difference.

Phew! All the major bits sorted. Just 300 or so days to stress about anything else I can think of.
FunlovinEeyore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 16, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 16, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by FunlovinEeyore View Post
Thanks everyone! You reassured me enough to go ahead. I don't know whether I had done something wrong before but this time the details were populated and going through to the payment page it only wanted me to pay the £30 difference.

Phew! All the major bits sorted. Just 300 or so days to stress about anything else I can think of.
Keep a link in your tab and check back regularly to see if it drops. I orginally booked at £453 and now mine is £371
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread