Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Aug 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Brokenhero
Earning My Ears

Mobile Not so scary dilemma

Hey you lovely lot,

I need you’re advice we fly to Florida on November 1st and we are obsessed with not so scary the final one is in the day we land and we are thinking of going

How long can we expect to get from Mco to Disney via magical express ? We land at 3:55 “, Would you recommend it we understand we maybe a little tired but are happy to get some caffeine and push though what do you all think ?
Brokenhero is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

It's doable but it depends on how long immigration takes, how long the ME takes to depart and get you to your accomodation, how long to get checked in and then get from your accomodation to magic Kingdom...you could be looking at 3-4 hours at worst case, it's a big risk to layout for the MNSSHP tickets when you might not actually get to MK until things are well underway and it will be extremely busy.
thatdavieguy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

It's doable, but if your flight gets delayed for any reason you could potentially miss the whole thing. Personally, I would risk that sort of money. Maybe see if they have any tickets left on the day?

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Typically the last one does not sell out early as it is after Halloween by then, like others suggest see how it looks time-wise with your flight and remember you can always buy the ticket through MDE while sat on the plane before take-off.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

Mobile

We always make plans to get to a park on our first night and have never made it yet lol. We are just exhausted by the time we get to the hotel with all the travelling. If you get to the hotel even by 7.30, it’s 10.30pm body clock time so if you would still be up for a party night then I take my hat off to you!
US 192 - Feb 1994; I-Drive- Feb 07; Fairfield Inn - June 10; Oakpoint Circle V - June 11; Homewood Suites - July 12; Calabay Parc V- June 14; Esprit Estates V - June 15; CBR - April 16; Hyatt Place, Drury's & Bridgewater V - Sept 16; CBR & V US27 - Apr 17; Eagle Pointe V - Nov 17; Lindfields V - Apr 18; Pop C- Nov 19; Universal & Cruise - Feb 20; Rosen Inn & PB- Nov 21; H2S I-Drive - Apr 22; SSR & HI S535 - Sept 22.
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ST1TCH
Trading Disney Pins

ST1TCH's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We did it, I admit I was tired but it was still a good night. We rented dvc points and stayed at bay lake that night, which did make it more manageable and was a nice treat.
ST1TCH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I think you would be pushing it you may not get to the hotel until 7pm so maybe at the park for 8pm at the earliest.

Any delay would make it a waste of money in my view.
Old 18 Aug 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
SoraX17
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by Brokenhero View Post
Hey you lovely lot,

I need you’re advice we fly to Florida on November 1st and we are obsessed with not so scary the final one is in the day we land and we are thinking of going

How long can we expect to get from Mco to Disney via magical express ? We land at 3:55 “, Would you recommend it we understand we maybe a little tired but are happy to get some caffeine and push though what do you all think ?
Hi, I m in the same predicament,me and my daughter fly on the same day from Manchester and were also thinking if it is doable. Not sure what to do. We want to do Hollywood Studio's extra extra magic hours the following morning at 6 am so it might be a bit much?
SoraX17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Sounds like you are staying onsite so will have plenty days at Disney?
No I wouldn’t risk it.
We landed at 3.55pm one time and didn’t get to our hotel until 6.50om. No way would I have made a park.
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Gaston77
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Like most topics on here there are always multiple opinions with advice given based usually on experience. All experiences are unique, if you think it will work and you want to do then I think it’s possible (based on my experience). I managed to obtain tickets for MVMCP last December from a generous Dibber. We landed at MCO just shortly before your time, were on Magical Express and at hotel for just before 6.30pm. Quick change for my wife and daughter and they were at MK for just after 7pm. They had a fantastic time at MVMCP. Didn’t come back to room until well after midnight. Yes, they were tired the next day, but they felt it was worthwhile... 100% worthwhile! The timings are fraught with risks, you just need to weigh up whether the reward outweighs the risk or if it’s just too much of a gamble.
Gaston77 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List