Notices

Old 19 Aug 16, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Beaching It With The Poole's Day 5 August 2016

Today we were up at 5.25am. Nanny and Grandad were already up and Daddy stayed in bed until 6am...I think he is the sensible one! It was a good nights sleep though so that was good

We had had a lovely evening outside last night drinking wine and eating snacks ...perfect.
We had agreed last night we would leave at 7am for the beach and a nice walk along and we did actually make it out by 7.10am. This was after Grandad had to go back in after locking the villa up to get his beach shoes! Ha ha.
We made our way to Englewood Beach and parked up paying $1.50 for 2 hours, we didn't mind doing this at all because the amount of change I have in my bag is actually really weighing me down!

They have a lovely boardwalk over the sand dunes and we crossed that to get on the beach...it looked as above absolutely beautiful at 7.30am
It was nice and warm and we put on a little sun cream and started to stroll, picking up some shells as we went.

This was our collection from today, very fruitful I thought and I was very pleased with the little one at the bottom that I found...I must give myself a lesson in what they are called

We had a family photo taken in the sunshine and really enjoyed our stroll, everyone was very friendly and more than happy to say good morning or to even chat. There were people swimming, fishing and even doing yoga. You could feel the temperature rising by the minute too.

We showered off our feet, great facilities there, a small playground for the kids, lots of covered areas along the boardwalk and places covered again for you to eat your picnic etc. We were back in the car by 9.15 and made a little stop at Publix on the way home for, well chocolate cake mainly it seems and some bread

Daddy and I went on our bike ride when we got back twice round again...not looking forward to the promised 3 times round tomorrow! We were out by the pool by 11am again and it was again absolutely glorious. We have in fact had really good weather it clouded over (not totally) by about 3.30pm again today but we have avoided rain all days apart from that showere while we were in Longhorns the other day.

We had marinated pork on the BBQ today and the other 3 adults had a burger too. We had got Grace some chicken tenders in Publix and she enjoyed those. We finished the salad and I made some more couscous. We enjoyed it again today and sat by the pool whilst eating it.

I also finally got sorted out and fed the birds. I put out water and some seed and within about half an hour there were birds there, lovely.

We finished up at the pool about 3.30pm and washed and changed. We decided to go to Target for a little visit as I still wanted to get these Apple leads and Grandad loves Target...don't ask me why!

We did the 20 minute drive unevenfully and were soon in the store...they didn't have either of the leads I wanted. The men looked at the jeans...again! I managed to get Grace some bigger beach shoes, some speedo ones for the grand price of $3.48...bargain! We did loose each other in the store and honestly I must have done a million steps trying to find them! The stores are not massive over this way, a big difference in all of the shops but that didn't stop us getting lost! I stood still in the end, the staff thought it was hilarious!

It was only 5.30 when we were done in there, 2 cartons of peanuts later! So we decided to go over the road to Bed Bath and Beyond, Marshalls and Best Buy (for the Apple leads)

It was Marshalls first and my first bargain for myself of the holiday...Coach shoes for $44! They are lovely and soooo comfortable and my DH spotted them

We also got some pants lol just under $70 for the two, I could have rummaged for hours in here but the troops were flagging!

Next door to BBB, I wanted to replace my shower curtains, we also got 2 Yankee Candle melts for $3 and a towel stand, so I was very happy. We popped in to Best Buy but they only had one of the leads and it was a little pricey so I will order them I think.

We made it home for just before 7, Grace had a peanut butter sandwich and was asleep by 7.30pm

So it is now we are about to make our way outside for the evening glass of wine and some of those peanuts.
Another great day, 92 degrees, it felt hot!
Thanks for reading and see you tomorrow.

pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 01:07 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by pretty71 - 19 Aug 16 1:07 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

The beach looks pure bliss, I love a stroll along the water's edge. Well done on your bike ride and good luck for tomorrow's. We always lose each other in Target or Walmart as we wander in different directions! And a relaxing glass of wine to end your day - lovely.
Old 19 Aug 16, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day so nice to have a nice relaxing family holiday

Joan
Old 19 Aug 16, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
The beach looks pure bliss, I love a stroll along the water's edge. Well done on your bike ride and good luck for tomorrow's. We always lose each other in Target or Walmart as we wander in different directions! And a relaxing glass of wine to end your day - lovely.
Love the beach walks..that Target, what a nightmare 😀 I really enjoy the wine at the end of the day 😀
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another great day so nice to have a nice relaxing family holiday

Joan
Thanks, we are really getting in to the relaxing mode 😀