Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Aug 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Nationwide: Fee free foreign debit card transactions

I'll probably get shot down again for sharing but I've just had an email from Nationwide stating that as of 3 weeks agn (1st August) they have removed foreign transaction fees from their flexPlus accounts for debit card transactions. So any of you unable/unwilling to use credit cards have another option for your spending abroad

Now for £13 a month (per account on a joint account) you get free breakdown, phone insurance for those named on the account (so for joint accounts both account holders) as well as world wide travel insurance as well as the fee free foreign debit card usage
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

I'm just reading the changes too. Interested if the worldwide travel insurance still meets our needs.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
bearandbuzz
Apprentice Imagineer

bearandbuzz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Noodle500 View Post
I'm just reading the changes too. Interested if the worldwide travel insurance still meets our needs.
I’ve just read the email too and am wondering where I can find out the information about the amended travel insurance terms. Have used them for years now without any problems and have saved a lot of money on travel insurance so I hope they haven’t changed too much!

Our magic moment as Grand Marshall's in 2013
WL August 2014 The solo(ish) trip - August 2014
BC August 2016 If it ain't broke, don't fix it - August 2016
Villa 2018 - A change of scene - August 2018
bearandbuzz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bearandbuzz View Post
I’ve just read the email too and am wondering where I can find out the information about the amended travel insurance terms. Have used them for years now without any problems and have saved a lot of money on travel insurance so I hope they haven’t changed too much!
I was checking medical screening and the addition of a 'Change in Health' section but they state a change to 'abandoned departures'.

Also states significant changes to winter sports, golf and wedding cover. But these seem to be increased amounts covered

Winners and losers in changes. Extra excess on mobile cover and loss of interest on balances but increased amounts covered elsewhere.

Just want to make sure it fits what we need as a family.
I clicked link on email and downloaded a more detailed document

Edited at 08:49 PM.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
bearandbuzz
Apprentice Imagineer

bearandbuzz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Originally Posted by Noodle500 View Post
I was checking medical screening and the addition of a 'Change in Health' section but they state a change to 'abandoned departures'.

Also states significant changes to winter sports, golf and wedding cover. But these seem to be increased amounts covered

Winners and losers in changes. Extra excess on mobile cover and loss of interest on balances but increased amounts covered elsewhere.

Just want to make sure it fits what we need as a family.
I clicked link on email and downloaded a more detailed document
Thanks for that, I didn’t even see the link in the email - thought it was a bit odd!
I’ll have a read through now.

Our magic moment as Grand Marshall's in 2013
WL August 2014 The solo(ish) trip - August 2014
BC August 2016 If it ain't broke, don't fix it - August 2016
Villa 2018 - A change of scene - August 2018
bearandbuzz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Bear in mind that on the flip side Nationwide are removing the in credit interest for flex plus from 1st November plus some changes to the travel insurance t&C's etc I think. So make sure you read the info if not read them recently.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
The 2 Minnies
slightly serious Dibber

Nationwide have realised that members who opted for the Flexplus Account, took it mainly for the insurances it offers and the 3% interest on a limited balance was at the bottom of priorities.

Still one of the cheapest fee paying current accounts around I think.
The 2 Minnies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 03:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Pagan8c
Getting Excited

I have changed to this account and the travel insurance with PEm is good value for my wife and I. I also like being able to use the debit card to get cash in an emergency. I also have a clarity card which I will use most.
Pagan8c is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Mmm. We don't used the Card so we only have it for the Insurance and the Interest.

Our PE conditions aren't cheap especially for me so there will be a lot of research to be done when we get home. They are sitting on £4K of our money and I can find a better home for that.

A quick thought is we will be ditching them before the PE conditions have to be renewed in November.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

we signed up for the full flexplus account a couple of months ago. mostly for the insurance and the 3% interest up to £2.5k, which meant the £13/month account fee was pretty much halved by the interest paid on the account

seriously considering ditching it again now. i dont need the breakdown cover, havent previously needed/used mobile cover (in 20 years of owning phones, i've lost one phone, and my average phone lifespan is 3-4 years), and i can get cheaper worldwide travel insurance elsewhere
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List