Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31 May 14, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Julia and Scott's Disney Memories Wedding August 2014

Hi everyone

Over the past few months I have been reading all these lovely planning journal's, they have helped me out so much so I thought I would start a small one of our own

Please note that I have never done a trippie before so please bear with me.

Introduction

My name is Julia, I've just turned 47.

My other half is Scott, he's 44 years old, so my toy boy

We met at work some 19 years ago, can't believe how the time as flown. Our first holiday together was to Disney World, so it has a very special place in our hearts.

Scott is my soul mate and best friend whom I love dearly. I'm afraid there isn't any kind of wedding proposal, we got engaged many many moons ago, but somehow never got round to actually getting married. Think that life just got in the way, we saved for our first home and then we started our family together. I have no birth family, I was put in care when I was a baby, so all my life all I ever dreamed about was having a family of my own. Scott made my dreams came true, we have 3 beautiful children, I feel so blessed.

Our eldest son is Hayden, he is 12 yrs, Jamie, our middle child is 9 yrs and our gorgeous daughter Poppy is 5 years old.

I never really dreamt of getting married, I kind of thought we were fine as we were, then last summer I stumbled across the wedding forum on the dibb and read a lovely report (mrs woody). It kind of made me realise that we could get married in our most fantastic happiest place in the world, Disney . I set about reading more journals and asking questions and we decided that we would we get married whilst on our holiday in Orlando.

We had already booked our holiday, so it would be easy for us to add a wedding onto it.

We decided after looking at a few locations, to have a Disney Wedding. There is just the 5 of us going so the memories package fitted the bill perfectly. We called Disney in February, the date for our wedding is Friday the 15th of August, time is 11 am and the location is Luau Beach at Disney's Polynesian resort.

To say we are excited is an understatement, I could literally burst each time I think about our day

We have only told a couple of people about our wedding (my foster brother, foster sister and my best friend). The kids don't know yet, can't wait to see their faces when we do tell them, nearer the time.

I shall update with a few more details later

Thanks for looking

Edited at 05:44 PM.
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List