Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Jun 14, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ariel-jools
Apprentice Imagineer

That's such a fantastic story! It looks stunning...and I can't believe you're anywhere near 47 - your skin is amazing! Congratulations
Orlando August 2015 * Florida & East Coast road trip Aug 2014 * Engaged at Disneyland Paris NYE 2013 * Orlando & Miami Aug 2013 * Disneyland Paris Aug 2012 * Disneyland California Dec 2008 * Orlando May 2003 * Orlando May 1995
ariel-jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 14, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Julia, those outfits are simply gorgeous. Well done on the bargain hunting, fantastic result. Ronald Joyce do some lovely dresses, can't wait to see you in yours! They do seem to make the dresses small though don't they. Super update xx
WileyCoyote is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 14, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Originally Posted by ariel-jools View Post
That's such a fantastic story! It looks stunning...and I can't believe you're anywhere near 47 - your skin is amazing! Congratulations
What a lovely thing to say, thanks for reading and for your lovely comments

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Julia, those outfits are simply gorgeous. Well done on the bargain hunting, fantastic result. Ronald Joyce do some lovely dresses, can't wait to see you in yours! They do seem to make the dresses small though don't they. Super update xx
Hi Amanda, I can't wait to wear my dress , mine has a zip up the back, it probably would've been better for me to have a corset, they have a bit more give in them, but yes I do agree that the sizes come up smaller xx
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 14, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Wedding Day

We filled in our Planning Kit and sent in back to our coordinator, it was pretty straight forward to do, you just basically picked the items which you wanted. We have now paid our balance for the wedding too, so really everything is sorted in regards to the planning process with Disney.

During our Disney stay of our holiday, we will be staying at the beautiful Port Orleans Resort.

We arrive there on the 10th of August but our wedding isn't until the 15th, we will be able to have a few days in the park beforehand. Memories weddings are only available Friday through to Monday, so this seemed the best day for us. The rooms are not very big in the resort so I have booked another room for the night before the wedding, for Scott and the boy's. They will be able to get ready in there and Poppy and me will have a bit more space to get changed etc in.

I've booked a lady from Beaute Speciale to come and do my make up. I will be do my own hair as it's very thick and frizzy, I don't want to end up with a giant afro, what with all that humidity , so I will just be hopefully doing something simple like an elegant bun. I shall have to ask the lovely lady to give me a hand helping me into my dress

Photography

Whilst the package came with a hours photography and some prints, you don't actually get the disc and rights to your photo's, this is available as an extra, so we decided to get an outside photographer. It worked out to be the same cost wise for 2 hours and the disk, as it would be to buy the disk form Disney, so it made sense to do this.

We have booked the lovely Regina Hyman to do our photography and she will be with us for 3 hours. We absolutely love her style

Transport

We chose to have a limousine as part of our package, so the car will come and pick Scott and the boys up first and then return for Poppy and me. I know that the kids will absolutely love this option , Jamie often says I wish we could have a drive in a limo

Ceremony

The wonderful Reverend Kevin Knox will be our officiant, we've seen a video of his service, and i really love the blessing of the hands. We have the service of a violinist and have chose "Can you feel the love tonight" from the Lion King for the bridal party, "When you wish upon a star" for me to walk in to, then the "A Whole New World" for our recessional. The service is at 11.00, should only last about 10-15 mins so afterwards we will have photo's round the resort. There is a lot of building work at the Polynesian at the moment, thankfully on the other side of the resort, but there still should be plenty of places where we can get some lovely photo's. We shall then get the limo home . Scott can then take the kids for a swim for a cool down, whilst I think i'll have a little lie down

Wedding Dinner

I've booked a luxury SUV to take us to our dinner reservation, and to also pick us up later that night. We will be eating at the lovely Citrico's for our Wedding Dinner. We have never eaten here before but the menu looks good for the kids, I'm sure we'll have a lovely time there.

Wishes Cruise

Our day will end with a Wishes Cruise, again this is something we have never done before and I'm sure the kids will be mega excited about this part of the day. I can just see me crying all the way through Wishes (nothing new there), knowing that I'm with the man I love and my beautiful children, my wish has come true.

So that will be the end of our special day.

Thanks for reading

Edited at 11:49 AM.
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 14, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Sounds like a magical day for all of you
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 14, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
Sounds like a magical day for all of you
I do hope so
Old 6 Jun 14, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sounds amazing...how lovely to have your gorgeous children watch you make your vows. Hope you have someone to video it too. Looking forward to seeing the photos!
Old 7 Jun 14, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
Sounds amazing...how lovely to have your gorgeous children watch you make your vows. Hope you have someone to video it too. Looking forward to seeing the photos!
We won't be having a professional video but we will have lots of photo's, thanks for lovely comments
Old 7 Jun 14, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
MinnieStrawb
Very Serious Dibber

MinnieStrawb's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Aww what a sweet story so far - I look forward to reading more.

MinnieStrawb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 14, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
kblackman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It all sounds fantastic Julia I love the limo and kids will love it! Not long now x

December 2020- Our First trip to Disneyland Paris
November 2018- Archies First Trip to Disneyworld
November 2014- Our Magical Wedding and Disneymoon
kblackman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread