Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 12 Dec 04, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Our Christmas Present - Mythos

We made our way round to Mythos where we were shown straight to our seat. From our seating position we had a great view of the Hulk ride and that side of the park.

Our server called Gill arrived and took our drink order, where I had a glass of Cabernet and dawn had a Mythos potion of the gods cocktail.
This cocktail consisted of Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, Malibu Rum, DeKuyper Triple Sec, DeKuper Razzmatazz, 151, Orange, Cranberry and Pinapple Juices.
Dawn said her drink was delicious, but my wine was too cold but once it had stood for a while it tasted far better.
Dawn ordered the Sauté Mushroom as a starter,

followed by Chicken and Strigoloni Pasta

and I ordered the Tempura Shrimp Sushi

followed by the Coq Au Vin.

The starters were both excellent and this was the first time that I had tried this dish and would certainly like to have it again.
Both main courses were cooked perfectly to our taste and we certainly enjoyed eating them.
We shared a dessert of Tasting of Chocolate and a black coffee each.

The dessert consisted of a Chocolate dip Strawberry, Chocolate Meringue with Chocolate Ice-Cream, Chocolate Crème Brule, Hot Moist Chocolate Cake and some form of Almond White Chocolate.
I tried the Meringue and Crème Brule and found them OK but I don’t really have a sweet tooth, whereas Dawn loved the lot.
The atmosphere was quite lively and the setting was a slight disappointment as the tables were set out in booth style but the food was excellent and I would eat here again.
The bill came to a total of $73.30 plus tip but we obtained a 20% discount on that price by using our annual pass.
Feeling quite full now we made our way back to the room so we could rest in front of the TV.
The rest of the day was spent wandering back and forth to City Walk and the Universal Parks and we could only manage the snacks of cheeses, dips, nachos etc offered in the lounge for our tea.
We were in bed early again, as we were shattered, but during the night I found myself dreaming about the Tempura Shrimp Sushi that I had for dinner and wondered if I could try it again before the holiday ended.

We will be leaving the Royal Pacific Resort tomorrow and moving into the Beach Club Villas, we also have a reservation with the Bistro De France for 7.00pm.

Bob
Old 12 Dec 04, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mike
Imagineer

Thanks Bob... mind you, it sounds as though you've plenty of spare time to type them up, what with the enforced rests after these foodie marathons!

Only kidding! Great report... and Mythos certainly appeals now! More please!

Mike
Mike is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 04, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Yummy looking food, will give it a go there in March. Great photo's
Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 04, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post

The food at Mythos looks lovely.

Another good day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 04, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post

The food looks yummmm!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who dreams about food
Old 13 Dec 04, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mapman
Cream Tea anyone ?

mapman's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
THANKS SO much for those photo's - glad you liked Mythos - one of my favourite places to eat although I know that some DIBBers havn't rated it too well. We've had perfect meals there on our two visits. I noticed though, that you must have used the zoom on your big camera when you took the shot of the Hulk - I seem to remember it being slightly further away - still a good view though.

You're certainly spoiling yourselves with Royal Pacific AND Beach Club - nice

Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened.

My Orlando Map - http://www.orlandomaps.co.uk
mapman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 04, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mkingdon
Imagineer

mkingdon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
"We shared a dessert of Tasting of Chocolate"

I'm sorry I don't understand that concept

Geat reports, keep em coming

Craig
Old 4 Mar 05, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Mmmmmmmm the food at Mythos looks fabulous !

/J

Old 7 Mar 05, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
AlisonB
Imagineer

Yes the food looks deleicious!
AlisonB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 05, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post

The food looks awesome.