Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 26 May 10, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
paulap
Imagineer

Right, no more yoghurt
Old 26 May 10, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

I have a lovely day off today so lots of exercise - gracious me I have sit ups to catch up on, Summer - 300? ! I bow to you, you must have abs of steel! Do lower ab sit ups count too, you know ones where you raise your legs and are sat up but upside down and work the lower abs or are we just talking forward sit ups? I did have a look at the diet and it seems pretty good and controlled, its mainly low GI isn't it? I think it works on the basis that the control the calorie, fat, carbs and more importantly - personally the area where I think most people fail - portion sizes! I keep saying ''portion sizes'' as if its on autoplay! I think it will be great for you as it takes the worry out of what to buy, what to eat and how much and when. You see I'd fail easily if I was doign any other diet than mine because other diets - for me - take too much thought, can I have this, how many calories are in this, how much fat, is it too late in the day to have this, what do all these numbers mean? and so on but obviously with low carbs I know what I can and what I can't and what i can eat and eat and eat and where I have to go in moderation, but its boring sometimes and its limited, so diets like your new diet is brilliant for peeps like me and you as it takes that decision away and still gives variety but controlled by someone else like a personal dietition (sp?). It especially important for you too to stay healthy and fit for your personal reasons so I think you are doing a brilliant thing.

Paula - As if I wouldn't continue to nag you! Its one week, well 2 if you count the start of the hol (when you get to that bit we'll take about ''damage limitation'' and easing yourself back in to a few carbs, but for now low low low) and thats it, what a doddle, 7 small days! Food is great keep it up. Natural youghurt is ok, it has carbs but not too may so long as you dont have too much, stay away from fruit yoghurts. A 125g of natural yoghurt will have about 7.5g of carbs in (in the book - did you get it yet?). Hows the exercise coming on? Are you doing the sit up challenge? Its good that you can avoid that temptation of potatoes and rice, its all in your mind to want it anyway your body wont be craving it yet so its mind over matter and you seem to be super mentally charged for this last week so no probs there! Just so I can check - what are you drinking? Are you getting bit of a funny taste in your mouth or bad breath yet?
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 10, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
paulap
Imagineer

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
Paula - As if I wouldn't continue to nag you! Its one week, well 2 if you count the start of the hol (when you get to that bit we'll take about ''damage limitation'' and easing yourself back in to a few carbs, but for now low low low) and thats it, what a doddle, 7 small days! Food is great keep it up. Natural youghurt is ok, it has carbs but not too may so long as you dont have too much, stay away from fruit yoghurts. A 125g of natural yoghurt will have about 7.5g of carbs in (in the book - did you get it yet?). Hows the exercise coming on? Are you doing the sit up challenge? Its good that you can avoid that temptation of potatoes and rice, its all in your mind to want it anyway your body wont be craving it yet so its mind over matter and you seem to be super mentally charged for this last week so no probs there! Just so I can check - what are you drinking? Are you getting bit of a funny taste in your mouth or bad breath yet?
It was natural yogurt, not fruit, and I just fancied a change so went for it. Still walking at least two miles a day and have been using the Ab Circle pro every day and doing Tae Bo every other day. Drink-wise, it's been decaff coffee (normally 2 cups a day) or water (except for the cider at the weekend) and I have had a couple of glasses of decaff cola (although I'm not that keen). Have got a slightly metallic taste in my mouth but haven't noticed bad breath.
Old 26 May 10, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Actually, I only said ok about the yoghurt as I fell like I keep saying no no no to you on stuff and I dont want you to get disheartened, but Summer is right in truth you should stay away from yoghurt on low carb diet. It is only 7.5g, and so long as the rest of the day your carbs are low (none in most real meat and fish in comparison) but its very high for one product to be honest. I wouldn't have it, sorreeee!
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 10, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
paulap
Imagineer

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
Actually, I only said ok about the yoghurt as I fell like I keep saying no no no to you on stuff and I dont want you to get disheartened, but Summer is right in truth you should stay away from yoghurt on low carb diet. It is only 7.5g, and so long as the rest of the day your carbs are low (none in most real meat and fish in comparison) but its very high for one product to be honest. I wouldn't have it, sorreeee!
OK, no more yoghurt
Old 26 May 10, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Originally Posted by paulap View Post
It was natural yogurt, not fruit, and I just fancied a change so went for it. Still walking at least two miles a day and have been using the Ab Circle pro every day and doing Tae Bo every other day. Drink-wise, it's been decaff coffee (normally 2 cups a day) or water (except for the cider at the weekend) and I have had a couple of glasses of decaff cola (although I'm not that keen). Have got a slightly metallic taste in my mouth but haven't noticed bad breath.
Excellent, all sounds great, you've got the hang of this now on the whole I think and the exercise is great too. Metallic taste is a good sign as it means its working and your body is changing over from burining carbs to using your fat as energy whilst preserving the protien in your body, in a not very scientific nutshell!
Old 26 May 10, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Summer-Caitlin
Very Serious Dibber

Was going to say Kel, how dare you disagree me!

Married August 20th 2007 at Sea Breeze Point, Wedding and Honeymoon TR http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=384760
DDP reviews http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=392481 Next visit September 9th-25th 2010 Old Key West 16 nights with DELUXE DINING
Summer-Caitlin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 10, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
paulap
Imagineer

Super, off for a date with Billy Blanks for a bit of Tae Bo. Speak later
Old 26 May 10, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Summer-Caitlin View Post
Was going to say Kel, how dare you disagree me!
I know, I know, you are my low carber guru twin, although you have deserted me now of course for someone called Jenny, so I'm preying on Paula instead Joking of course!
Old 26 May 10, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Originally Posted by paulap View Post
Super, off for a date with Billy Blanks for a bit of Tae Bo. Speak later
Right, you've inspired me too - as lovely as it is to Dibb I'm going to follow your lead and go and do some exercise too. Jillian 'ere I come!
Closed Thread