Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Aug 10, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Hello

My father in law told me about ipod, oh no I feel sorry for your son loss ipod and I wish you went back to disney cruise before 5 pm... I know that they wont let you in...

I hope it sort out soon...

Scottishwee35
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 10, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Heidimai
Getting Excited

Heidimai's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Such a shame that you had to end on a low point I hope it finds it's way back to you somehow. Neil left a load of stuff once in a hotel drawer and we did get it posted back to us so fingers crossed it is just taking its time to find its way through the system.
Mar 08 - Terra Verde + RPB,Xmas 08 - RPB + ASMu + Orlando Peabody Hotel + Disney Wonder, Nov 09Lake Berkeley + Disney Wonder, Jul 10 -Med Disney Magic, Feb 11 - Bahama Bay
Heidimai is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 10, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mazz View Post
we are dealing with lost and found in florida too but they are in contact with the ship so i would suggest you friend Judy does contact them
Thanks we will give it a go.

Hope you finally get it back ...I have to agree with a previous poster, when we had previously lost some property at WDW it took several days to actually turn up at lost & found... so definitely not worth giving up straight away.

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 10, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
that's a great idea Judy i never though of that but it may seem like pestering? we are dealing with lost and found in florida too but they are in contact with the ship so i would suggest you friend Judy does contact them
i have pointed out the very obvious that only one of their crew would have had access with it not being left in a public place so as a guest we'd expect it to be returned as we are under the assumption all there employees are 100% honest and trustworthy and i've left the lady to get back to me again

i'm wondering if i can claim on my travel ins but will have to look into that, prob not as it was left behind and not stolen
So sorry to read about this low from your cruise. Have a look at claiming on your house insurance, that may cover it. We claimed on ours when Ben had his iPhone stolen from his bag at his Australian Hostel.

Caron
Old 12 Aug 10, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Irishrover
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 19
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Arrrrrrrhh Marie thats sickening, the bairn was fiddling with it all the time, Im surprised he let it outve his sight.

What a crying shame.

Dont give up, keep pestering them , I WOULD write a letter to florida disney explaining the circumstances. They may find some pixie dust for you

Bren x

Irishrover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 10, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Hi
Just wondered if you had heard anything more about your Ipod
...we had some good news today DCL have found Judy's missing clothes ... so fingers crossed for you too.

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 10, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post

no Judy no news as yet, they did say they would be contacting the ship again on the 18th so i am expecting some response by email anytime now

i have contacted my travel insurance to see about claiming and we're being sent the relevant forms, we are definitely covered but not sure what we will actually get in terms of value, don't think we will get a new one or the full cost towards buying another but anything towards it has got to be better than nothing at all

we'd dearly just like his old one back
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 10, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post

some good news at last my travel insurance (virgin money) have actually paid up for this item, not the full price by the time we have paid the excess but a good 2/3rds towards the cost of replacing it

such a relief as i was expecting them to come back with a no on this, with them possibly saying we did not take reasonable care or something along these lines in an attempt not to pay the claim
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 10, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

some good news at last my travel insurance (virgin money) have actually paid up for this item, not the full price by the time we have paid the excess but a good 2/3rds towards the cost of replacing it

such a relief as i was expecting them to come back with a no on this, with them possibly saying we did not take reasonable care or something along these lines in an attempt not to pay the claim
Glad to hear you had some joy with the insurance ...and how annoying Disney did not find & return it to you... personally, I would not let it drop with Disney since you knew it was left in the cabin that was only accessible by their staff ! :angry:

PS Judy T got all her clothes back... including some she did not realise she'd left !

Old 29 Sep 10, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread