Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Sep 10, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Now fish extender sorted.. what to do about gifts?

Hi, now that I have the nice lady from ebay making my fish extender! I need to start thinking about what gifts to buy everyone else on the exchange?

I have never done this before so am clueless, although I was thinking of taking some cadburys chocolate and my friend suggested some shortbread. As you see I have a food theme going on! But have you any other ideas?

Many thanks for any input - it will be very much appreciated!
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 10, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Hi, now that I have the nice lady from ebay making my fish extender! I need to start thinking about what gifts to buy everyone else on the exchange?

I have never done this before so am clueless, although I was thinking of taking some cadburys chocolate and my friend suggested some shortbread. As you see I have a food theme going on! But have you any other ideas?

Many thanks for any input - it will be very much appreciated!
We made some magnets and some other small items, I am not too sure if the chocolate would travel that well in heat as we did the Med cruise, although having said that we did take some boxes of Maltesers for some!
Tracey
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 10, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TRACEYJAYNE View Post
We made some magnets and some other small items, I am not too sure if the chocolate would travel that well in heat as we did the Med cruise, although having said that we did take some boxes of Maltesers for some!
Tracey
thanks Tracy, I was a bit concerned about the heat too - although we are going in Dec so I am wondering whether based on last year whether that will even be a factor!
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 10, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Amy, I've been giving this more thought

It's still all food though!

Mini packets of:

Jelly Babies
Jelly Tots
Mint Humbugs
Pringles

And what about:

Pencils with Exeter on
Rubbers with the Union Jack on?
Mini candles with UK themed scents?
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 10, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mandymouse
Serious Dibber

I tend to buy UK/St. George keyrings, pencils, pens etc. Also, this week I have been buying FE gifts and Asda has lots of Disney Princess/Toy Story/Fairies pencil sets and notelets greatly reduced, they were 50p at the beginning of the week and 25p on Friday

Have fun shopping, and I hope you find some bargains too

mandymouse
mandymouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 10, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
warbiespig77
Imagineer

warbiespig77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by mandymouse View Post
I tend to buy UK/St. George keyrings, pencils, pens etc. Also, this week I have been buying FE gifts and Asda has lots of Disney Princess/Toy Story/Fairies pencil sets and notelets greatly reduced, they were 50p at the beginning of the week and 25p on Friday

:angry:i brought thoes at a £ a few weeks back for our upcoming cruise oh well
Old 19 Sep 10, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
I like this thread, I need help with this too. I have no idea what to put as gifts in the Fish things.

Do you leave gifts each day, or do you leave them as one job lot.
1990. - somewhere on the 192,2006 - Country Inn and Suites LBK, 2007- LA and San Diego, 2008 - Regal Palms, 2009 - OKW, 2010- Yacht Club, 2011- DCL Magic - Med,2012 - Yacht Club, 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med cruise, 2014 Carnival Breeze and the Yacht Club

Photo app trip reports Carnival Med Cruise and VA & BA UC & Club indexhttp://http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/reporter-index.php?userid=19933

Pre cruise Med http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...d+cruise+mouse
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 10, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Amy, I've been giving this more thought

It's still all food though!

Mini packets of:

Jelly Babies
Jelly Tots
Mint Humbugs
Pringles

And what about:

Pencils with Exeter on
Rubbers with the Union Jack on?
Mini candles with UK themed scents?
Very good karen - Exeter pencils - I'll have a look in town! I can't seem to stay away from the foodie items either!

Originally Posted by mandymouse View Post

UK stuff I hadn't thought of that - I will get hunting on the internet and will have a look in Tescos too as they often have disney stationery on sale - good thinking - thank you!
Old 19 Sep 10, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi All

Sorry to jump in on this thread but we are cruising next year for the first time and after reading about the fish extender, i looked on ebay too and see the american lady selling them but i am not sure how they work? Can someone explain please?

Thanks Trish x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 10, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by chocolatetrish View Post
Hi All

Sorry to jump in on this thread but we are cruising next year for the first time and after reading about the fish extender, i looked on ebay too and see the american lady selling them but i am not sure how they work? Can someone explain please?

Thanks Trish x
Well I am not an expert by any means, but I ordered from her on Friday (just logged on and paid by paypal, filling in the names I wanted on the fish extender in the notes box) and then yesterday she emailled me at home asking what colour fabric I wanted and which type of mickey heads etc (I have opted for a captain Mickey for DH, a sailors hat with a minnie bow on for me and two pirate heads for the two boys!).

So far so good - I wouldn't ordinarily order anything from ebay(infact that was my first purchase because I am quite wary) but I did a search on here for fish extender sellers and I found two people that had ordered successfully from the same lady which made me feel more comfortable.

Hope that helps
Closed Thread