Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Sep 10, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
tiredmumof2
Excited about Disney

New to DLC - is this a good price?

Hello all,

Well, after stumbling on this forum by accident I've only now got the bug to do a cruise next year (some of the reviews and photos are fantastic!). DH has never wanted to do a cruise before but when I mentioned DLC he was really enthusiastic.

So, I've been pricing the hoiliday up and I would like to know what you all thought - good/bad/indifferent:

28th May 2011
2 adults/2children (10 and 3)
11 nights Med cruise - starting from Barcelona
Disney Magic
Outside stateroom class 9A

I've contacted an american TA and they've come back with a price of $6086 but this include an OBC of $600. Also, theyve stated that if the price comes down I'll be charged the lower price?

I've priced the same cruise on DLC and its costing £4000 but no OBC.

What do you think? Is this a good proce and who's best to book with?
Going back! Universal Endless Summer Suites October 2019, Hawthorn Suite LBV October 2010, Villa in Davenport - April 09, Disney Animal Kingdom - April 06, Disney All Star Movies - April 05, Enclave Suites - Nov 02 and Mar 04, Rodeway Inn - Apr 98 and Mar 2000

Edited at 06:59 PM.
tiredmumof2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 10, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post

that obc is def one of the highest i have seen (we would normally book with dreams unlimited and i think the best they are offering for this cat of room on this cruise is $250 so that is pretty amazing)

disneys website is coming up at the same price in $ but will give just a small nominal obc

i would go for the better deal but you need it in writing that they will honour any price drops and such as there is rumours that disney will offer uk residents rates on these cruises next year and also you need to look carefully at the cancellation policy, at the moment with dreams and disney we can cancel anytime up to 75 days before sailing without penalty, if prices dropped or other great offers came to light in the new year you need to know that you can change without penalties and at the min both dreams and disney allow this
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 10, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
tiredmumof2
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mazz View Post
that obc is def one of the highest i have seen (we would normally book with dreams unlimited and i think the best they are offering for this cat of room on this cruise is $250 so that is pretty amazing)

disneys website is coming up at the same price in $ but will give just a small nominal obc

i would go for the better deal but you need it in writing that they will honour any price drops and such as there is rumours that disney will offer uk residents rates on these cruises next year and also you need to look carefully at the cancellation policy, at the moment with dreams and disney we can cancel anytime up to 75 days before sailing without penalty, if prices dropped or other great offers came to light in the new year you need to know that you can change without penalties and at the min both dreams and disney allow this

Hiya Mazz,

Thanks for the response, I'll in on line and check the small print before booking. I've replied to your PM so you can see what you think. That's interesting news about Disney and they're prices for next year- I may wait based on this if the small print is 'unfavourable' with the US TA.

Thanks again for your response x
Going back! Universal Endless Summer Suites October 2019, Hawthorn Suite LBV October 2010, Villa in Davenport - April 09, Disney Animal Kingdom - April 06, Disney All Star Movies - April 05, Enclave Suites - Nov 02 and Mar 04, Rodeway Inn - Apr 98 and Mar 2000
tiredmumof2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 10, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post

we looked at this cruise and the best disney could offer as a onboard incentive to book was $200 obc per room and we would have got 20% off for booking onboard so that credit sounds a little too good to be true

i'd be combing the small print and also asking on the US forum for recommendations for the company just to be certain they are legit, if you go ahead and book your credit card offers some protection but you never want to be put in a position really where you have to go down that route should things fall through or go wrong
Old 27 Sep 10, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post

I used vacationstogo.com in the us for my disney cruise last year,. great customer service and a uk number. it was a really good price.
Old 5 Oct 10, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Hal
Gloria sic transit mundi.

Hal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 17
We are looking at booking this cruise too.

Owner at Marriott Marbella Beach, Cypress Harbour, & Harbour Lake; and DVC OKW & BLT.

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Hal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 10, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
sunkisser
Imagineer

I used iglucruise to book ours for next August. We only got $25 obc but they were £400 cheaper than Dreams and £600 cheaper than DCl x
Old 5 Oct 10, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sunkisser View Post
I used iglucruise to book ours for next August. We only got $25 obc but they were £400 cheaper than Dreams and £600 cheaper than DCl x
Do they have the same cancellation terms as the US T/As do you know ?

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 10, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Hal
Gloria sic transit mundi.

Hal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 17
I have booked through Dream Vacations, which was the DCL price but with $250 per cabin on board credit, rather than the $25 per cabin offered by DCL.

Owner at Marriott Marbella Beach, Cypress Harbour, & Harbour Lake; and DVC OKW & BLT.

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Hal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 10, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
sunkisser
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jdybnsn View Post
Do they have the same cancellation terms as the US T/As do you know ?
I'm not sure but if you register your interest, someone phones you back so you can ask any questions you want x