Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Oct 10, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

Disney Magic W.B. Transatlantic DAY 1

We are Tim 33 and Kerrie 29, both Disney mad.

We booked the Transatlantic cruise with DVC points, 330 for the both of us a bargain in my opinion.

To start with we booked to fly to Barcelona with Easyjet from Doncaster and booked 1 night in the Marriot Renaissance.

For one of the First times in my life I got us to the airport early, nearly an hour before check-in so we sat and had a drink in the bar.
We checked in and were told we had a 30 min delay (this is what happens when I am early lol)

We had a meal at Wetherspoons and a quick look round the shops and then boarded. We had paid for speedy boarding and were on quickly and got seats in row 2.

The flight was uneventful until we were about 45 mins away from Barcelona and the Captain informed us we were being diverted to Toulouse in France as all Barcelona airports were closed due to storms.
We were sat on the tarmac for nearly 5 hours, a few people thought that moaning at the cabin crew and Captain would make a difference. The crew had already said that absolute worse case we would be bussed to Barcelona on coaches, about a 4 hour trip, as long as we got there by about 3pm the next day we didn't care.

When Barcelona re-opened we then missed our take-off slot as someone insisted they were getting off and making their own way there, I think he was hoping to start some sort of mini revolution as he had been up and down and talking loudly about what he was going to do. Instead he just looked an idiot as once he had signed the forms to say he was getting off there was no going back, his bags were unloaded and about 40 mins later we took off lol.

We got to Barcelona at about 2am, the hotel shuttle stopped running at 11pm so we had the pleasure of paying the 20 Euro minimum charge in a taxi for the 5 min ride to the Renaissance, so much for meeting people in the bar.

The room was nice although fairly small, not that it mattered as we had a quick shower and were straight to bed, we had a ship to catch in a few hours.

M M is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 10, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
dadio
Excited about Disney

looking forward to reading your trip reports we are going opposite way in may .
dadio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 10, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
wow! you're quick off the mark Tim! Now I've no need to write a trippie as we did basically the same!

At least we were diverted to Madrid, so same country!

Looking forward to reading all about your amazing table mates! lol!

Old 9 Oct 10, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by ANGEL View Post
wow! you're quick off the mark Tim! Now I've no need to write a trippie as we did basically the same!

At least we were diverted to Madrid, so same country!

Looking forward to reading all about your amazing table mates! lol!

Quick? I'm lazy we've been back a week At least there won't be much writing from now on lol as it was mainly eating, drinking and laying and splashing about
M M is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 10, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydreamer
Apprentice Imagineer

Great to see you started your trippie. Looking forward to reading all about your 14 days on the Magic.

Jackie
Xmas 2009 - Highgrove Villa, Perry's Ocean Edge, Daytona, Grand Floridian.
disneydreamer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 10, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Originally Posted by M M View Post
Quick? I'm lazy we've been back a week At least there won't be much writing from now on lol as it was mainly eating, drinking and laying and splashing about

lol... sometimes all at the same time!
Old 9 Oct 10, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great report... looking forward to the rest...should this not be in trip reports section? ...
Old 9 Oct 10, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Great report - shame about the delay.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 10, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida Mel
Imagineer

Florida Mel's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Oooh a transatlantic trippie how exciting - I'll be glued to these, great start :-)
Florida Mel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 10, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Brilliant, I'm looking forward to reading these

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread