Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Oct 10, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

Disney Magic W.B. Transatlantic DAYS 3 & 4

Day3 at sea (Sun 19/9/10)

Today was the first of many relaxing days (so I don't have to type much ) Most of the day was spent eating, drinking and laying around the pool

A couple of other things we did go to was the DVC member celebration where free Mimosas were readily handed out

Straight after that we went to a Don 'Ducky' Williams presentation in the afternoon. Don Williams is a senior character artist, his work can be seen all around W.D.W, on promotional material, on DCL, he also designed the limited edition lithograph that we were all given on this cruise.
He told his amazing life story while sketching on stage, at the end of the presentation his sketches were raffled off to the audience (a free raffle by the way).

Tonight was the 'Twice Charmed' show which was great,

A quick change and then to the Captains welcome reception for free cocktails Followed by dinner, tonight was also the first formal night.
After another great meal we went to the adult cabaret show by ventriloquist Jimmy Tamley who was absolutely hilarious and received a standing ovation at the end.
We got back to the room just after midnight and the whole room was vibrating with the noise from the theater below, we went to guest services to see if they could do anything (maybe just turn the bass down a little) but we were met with pretty much there's nothing I can do about it (although he did manage to refrain from saying tough lol)
Prince of Persia finished just after 12.30am so we didn't have to put up with it for too long.

Day 4 Gibraltar (Mon 20/9/10)

We were already docked at Gibraltar when we got up, we had a quick breakfast at Topsiders and then made our way off the ship.

There were quite a few taxi drivers etc trying to sell tours pretty much as soon as we were out of the port which was a bit annoying after I'd said no for about the 5th time.

I'd booked tickets online for the cable car and the attractions at the top of the rock so we took a walk to the cable car station.
When we arrived it was closed due to high wind so I just got a refund on the tickets and we took a walk into town instead.

About 11.30 we made our way to the Marina as I had booked a Dolphin Safari online with dolphinsafari.gi/ I liked the fact the boat was quite small and close to the water and that they wouldn't take more than 25 people out at a time whereas the Disney excursion was on quite a large boat that held well over 100.

The Rock had a little bit of mist on it lol

Interesting boat name

We boarded the Goldfin and set off out of the Marina.
Just on the left of this pic is the runway that goes out into the water:

The trip was amazing we saw loads of Common dolphins, at one point there were 50-60 in view.
It was great seeing them in the wild like this, even if they were a little difficult to take a photo of:

contd:

Edited at 05:08 PM.
M M is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 10, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
M M
Dibbing with Tink

On the way back into the Marina after an amazing trip:

If you go to Gibraltar I would definitely recommend looking at Dolphin Safari as an alternative to the bigger companies, they are also only a 10 min walk from where the Magic docks.

After the safari we took a walk to Morrisons and got a case of beer and some soft drinks to put in the fridge in the room and then went back to the Magic, no-one batted an eyelid when we took the beer on-board in normal carrier bags

The show that night was a Beatles tribute which isn't really our thing so we gave it a miss. We had dinner and a few drinks and then tried to go to bed but Alice in Wonderland was showing in the theater until 12.30am so we had to wait until that had finished and the room had stopped vibrating lol.
M M is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 10, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
That's a bummer about the room but apart from that, a good few days

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 10, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
What a shame about your room. We go to bed quite early so that would have been a huge issue for me. I hope it didn't bother you too much, or you were able to mvove
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 10, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Great photos of the dolphins Tim Wish we'd done that now too!
Old 10 Oct 10, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mandymouse
Serious Dibber

I love your dolphin photos, it looks like a lovely tour to do. Another fab day

mandymouse
mandymouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 10, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Great dolphin trip.
Shame about the vibrations in your room.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 10, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The dolphin safari looks fantastic! shame about the room.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 10, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydreamer
Apprentice Imagineer

Dolphin safari looks great. Pity about the room hope you got moved?

Jackie
Xmas 2009 - Highgrove Villa, Perry's Ocean Edge, Daytona, Grand Floridian.
disneydreamer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 10, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Hidden mickey
Imagineer

Fantastic photo's, sorry about room!
Sarah
Hidden mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread