Imagineer

tnkrbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 13
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Outback Steakhouse Vineland Avenue.

As we were shopping over at the outlets we texted mam to say we were heading here if they wanted to join us. We always enjoy the Outback but sadly the service and food was very poor. Myself and Colin arrived to the Outback first to a very empty restaurant. We told them we were a party of 5 with a wheelchair and they were going to sit us in a booth. When we asked could we move to a table the waiter didn't seem very happy about it. While we were waiting on my parents to arrive I ordered a cocktail as it was happy hour. This was a The Wallaby Darned Peach flavoured cocktail and very easy to drink. Thank god there was two

Mam also decided to partake in the alcoholic beverages with a New South Wales Sangria

For starters, Dad loves the French Onion soup This arrived pretty much straight after we ordered the starters. It was read hot. Should point out this was the only item from our dinner that was hot.

We also ordered the famous Onion Bloom to share. Now dad's starters arrived pretty much straight away but for the onion bloom it took forever to arrive. We had to remind our waiter that we had ordered it.

We also received the rye bread as well while we were waiting on our starters.

Finished all our starters and again another wait for our main courses.
I ordered the Sweet Glazed Pork Tenderloin I've had this dish before and it was lovely but today it wasn't nice at all. It was luke warm and the mash potatoes were cold When the waiter served us our food he disappeared for a long time and no servers came by at all.

Mam and Colin both ordered the Ribs & Chicken on the Barbie Sorry no pic here but Colin really enjoyed his but Mam didn't enjoy hers much. Both Colin's and my dad's fries for there meals were cold so had to be sent back

Dad ordered the Outback Special As I said before his fries were cold and he said his steak was nice but nothing spectacular.

The lil sister ordered Baby Back Ribs 1/2 portion She told my dad that they weren't as good as the ones he does on the BBQ so no two thumbs up from her.

When are server eventually returned to us he really couldn't care less that we had a problem with our meal and gave a shrug the shoulder what do you want me to do. When we asked for a meal he asked us was everything ok and we told him that we didn't enjoy our meal. He proceeded to give us the bill with no apology. We paid the bill and after we paid it asked for a manager. The manager was outraged at the attitude of the waiter and offered us some gift cards to come back and try the restaurant again. My parents did return their second week and said the meal was only marginally better. Total for the 5 of us with drinks was $116.80

November Pre Trippie
Our Happily Ever After 29/10/2014 Cypress Grove Estate House Wedding Day Report
2 weeks of offsites/onsites food report
tnkrbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 14, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
tnkrbell
Imagineer

tnkrbell's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
2/6
Pinocchio Haus

Today we were doing a split park so we started in MK then onto EPCOT. My parents when they arrived had done a shop in costco so had loads of lunch stuff. We brought our own sandwiches with us (makes a change to QS options) We headed to Pinocchio Haus to grab some teas and fries to go with our sandwiches. We also got a BBQ Chicken Flatbread to share. This was really good and definitely a must if you're getting fed up of burgers and chicken nuggets on holidays. Also FYI Pinocchio Haus can get very busy during lunch time so they do have someone sitting you when you get your food.
Can't seem to find the receipt for this stuff but the total from the WDW menu for the flatbread is $9.99

November Pre Trippie
tnkrbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 14, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tnkrbell
Imagineer

tnkrbell's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
9 Dragons China WS

When we were in EPCOT we checked MDE to see what ADRs were available but for some reason we were able to book any. Via Napoli was showing but when we went to guest services it was gone. Decided to go with 9 Dragons as we enjoyed it the last time.

Dad tonight ordered the Fragrant Chicken. Not what he expected at all. Think he thought it would be warm but it comes cold.

For main course he ordered Honey-Sesame Chicken He really enjoyed this but said the only problem with it was lack of veggies. Had a lil taste and it was nice a bit sweet though.

Mam decided against ordering a starters but for main she ordered the Sweet-and-Sour Pork with Lightly Spiced Spinach Noodles. She said the pork was really good but the noodles were more than lightly spiced!

Myself and Colin both ordered from the set menu again. Chinese Dim Sum again for starters. This was between the two of us.

Colin had the General Tso's again. He said it was really good again. Wishes though he could get it in the local Chinese.

I ordered the Happy Family Duet again minus the shrimp. Again delicious and plenty in it.

Dessert was included for myself and Colin.
I had the Strawberry Red Bean Ice Cream again. Shared it with my mam. Again really good and nice and creamy

Colin decided on the Chinese Ginger cake Not what he expected and not very gingery at all. It was a sponge cake with a ginger cream filling.

The lil sister didn't want Chinese. Don't worry we didn't send her to bed hungry we stopped at Mc D's on the way home. Total for 4 adults with 2 soft drinks was $122.69

November Pre Trippie
Old 15 Feb 14, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
loving your report, i am now very hungery
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 14, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
tnkrbell
Imagineer

tnkrbell's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by summersun View Post
loving your report, i am now very hungery
Thanks. I was getting very hungry too writing it

Last couple should be up some time next week

November Pre Trippie
Old 17 Feb 14, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post

I love food reports. Ah I keep thinking of all the lovely things I ate on my trip.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 14, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
smythy21
Imagineer

smythy21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Very good reports...keep em coming
Old 11 Apr 14, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Just catching up with this Michelle absolutely loving it! Giving me lots of ideas for June!

Sorry to see you didn't like outback - we love it!
Old 28 Apr 14, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Great food report. Put my confidence back in our decisio for Kona Cafe
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List