Imagineer

tnkrbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 13
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Boulangerie Patisserie des Halles France

So after our BTS tour we had planned on heading to Sunshine Seasons for a bit to eat but the place was mobbed (when is it never mobbed?!) We headed to France to head to the boulangerie. For a quick service restaurant, this is certainly one of the better options with plenty of choice. Although in EPCOT we feel that they do have some of the best QS options. Thank god not the usual burgers and chips.
The theming in boulangerie was very well done. The restaurant is a bit small and there isn't a huge amount of seating at the moment due to renovations outside. It did get a tad bit noisey while we were there due to a choral group arriving. Plenty of delicious pastries to choose from along with a selection of sandwiches and also quiches. It does seem as well that majority of the pastries are available on the dining plan as a snack credit. One thing to note here if you do have fussy eaters everything is already made up so it would be a case of picking off the topping you dont like.

Onto the food:
Croque Monsieur
For lunch I ordered the croque monsieur (really just a fancy name for a ham and cheese toastie This was quite good although a little bit greasy towards the end. Was served nice and hot. And unlike home it was hot all the way through. Plenty of crispy bits of cheese on it too.

Colin ordered a Dinde BLT A demi baguette served with turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomatoe served with like a garlic mayo. He really enjoyed this. He said the bread roll wasn't your typical crusty roll but more like a kaiser roll or similar.

And of course no meal is complete without dessert. Tarte Aux Fraises for dessert to share (we're really into this sharing thing) Was really just a fancy name for a strawberries and cream tart. It was good although the bottom of pastry did have a tad soggy bottom as it had been sitting out for a while. The cream was a little bit sweet with a hint of vanilla.

Total for the bill including a large Sprite between the two of us was $26.62

November Pre Trippie
Our Happily Ever After 29/10/2014 Cypress Grove Estate House Wedding Day Report
2 weeks of offsites/onsites food report
tnkrbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 13, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

Yummy... that Croque Monsieur looks great!
mrmoo123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 13, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
great start michelle, looking forward to reading your offsite food reviews!
Old 12 Jun 13, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
I'm loving this food report- great start and looks like some great ones coming up too!

That strawberry tart looks delish! Xx

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 13, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Yummy, I wouldn't be sharing that tart... Ohnosireeee.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 13, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh I love Millers! I could just eat that zinger melt now! And the quesadillas for that matter!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 13, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
tnkrbell
Imagineer

tnkrbell's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks all for the comments. Offsite restaurants will be coming soon. I had typed up all of 9 dragons and safari stalled so going to start it again now.
Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Oh I love Millers! I could just eat that zinger melt now! And the quesadillas for that matter!
Think I'm going to have a go at recreating the zingers melt at home.

November Pre Trippie

Edited at 07:50 PM.
tnkrbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 13, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
tnkrbell
Imagineer

tnkrbell's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
9 Dragons China WS

So before leaving for holidays, we made a grand total of 2 ADR's. We had planned on heading out of EPCOT to the Boardwalk for dinner this evening but the weather really wasn't playing on our side. Our first choice in park would've been Via Napoli. Checking the Disney app we couldn't seem to make an ADR so we headed to Guest Services. Unfortunately the only time for Via Napoli was 8.30 (a bit too late and we would miss Illuminations) On the recommendation of the CM we decided on 9 Dragons. 7.30 ADR which suited us perfect.
Arrived a couple of minutes before our ADR and were seated straight away. The restaurant itself is pretty big and they also have some seats by the window which gives a view of the lake. Not sure though how good a view for Illuminations it is.
There's seating behind the wall (apologies about the picture).

Although the restaurant was busy there didn't seem to be too much wait of a wait for food. Our server came over and introduced himself to us and throughout the meal he was fantastic. Soft drinks ordered and decisions to be made on the menu. The restaurant offers a set menu for the price of $33 pp. Starters of Dim Sum and then choice of entree and dessert. A quick work out of price compared to at home and it worked out cheaper than a meal out at home for us.

To start we had Dim Sum. Pot stickers and vegetable springs rolls with a plum chili dipping sauce and another sauce which was kinda like a tangy sweet and sour sauce. The spring rolls were divine! The pastry on them was crispy and flakey. And the pot stickers were also very good.

For mains Colin ordered the General Tso's Chicken Duo. Crispy battered chicken and dumplings served with a sweet sauce with a hint of pepper. There weren't really a whole lot of vegetables in the dish only onions. We both thought this could do with some sort of vegetable accompniant. The rice was also included with the meal. The chicken portions as well were quite big too.

I ordered the Happy Family Duet. Chicken, beef and shrimp served with vegetables and sticky rice in a tangy sauce. I asked for no shrimp as I dont eat it and our server double checked with me that I wasn't allergic to sea food as they use oyster sauce in the cooking. I think as well the chef doubled up the chicken and beef as the portion was mahoosive! There was also plenty of veg so Colin go some of them. This dish was really good and the sauce tasted like a chow mein kind've sauce. The beef as well was melt in your mouth.

After giving us a moment to let everything settle our waiter was back to take our order for dessert. We both decided on something lightish and went for the Strawberry Red Bean Ice Cream. It may have been only ice cream but it tasted like a creamy home made strawberry ice cream. Certainly didn't have the fake strawberry taste that you get with ordinary strawberry ice cream.

Throughout the meal, our server was fantastic. We never had to ask him for anything and kept our drinks topped up throughout the meal. When we asked for the bill he even offered us drinks to go. We declined as we were well and truly stuffed! Total cost for the 2 of us was $78.03

November Pre Trippie
Old 12 Jun 13, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tnkrbell
Imagineer

tnkrbell's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
23/5
Hotel Breakfast

One of the great things about staying in the Extended Stay is that every room has a kitchenette and full size fridge. When we were picked up from the airport we had a 1/2 hour stop in Walmart so stocked up on bacon, eggs, yoghurts and fruit. Each morning in the hotell, breakfast is available. It's nothing spectacular but it does include cereal, juice, bread options, fruit and yoghurts. There is a patio area by the pool where you can eat but most people bring their food back to their rooms. Most mornings we had breakfast in the hotel and it suited us fine. I also brought silcone egg poachers from home which were great. I'm not going to include a breakfast report the mornings we had an in room breakfast.
Kitchenette area in the room

Breakfast area by pool

For most of you Irish Dibbers this made it's way into our trolley

Breakfast offerings

November Pre Trippie