Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Sep 14, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Transporting THE DRESS!

Hello All

We flying out with Virgin from Glasgow on 3rd Oct, I wanted to know how or how your olanning to travel with your dresses...

Virgin told me i cant take it and hang it in the cabin as they not allowed to do that any more but i can pack it in a little trolley case and take it on with me... eh no!

Think i might just check it in... suggestions/advise?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 14, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Honey,

I got married in Las vegas in 2007 and flew from Glasgow with Continental and TBH no-one really cared about where I put my dress to transport it and mostly the answer was "pack it in your case" which i wasn't too happy about but decided to go ahead and do it (but did pre-warn the airline customer service staff who told me to "pack it, it'll be safe" that there would be hell to pay and a 5ft Bridezilla to deal with should my dress go amiss! )

As to how I packed it (it was a ballgown style dress) I actually put it in one of those vacuum bags - I KID YOU NOT and packed it in my case - amazingly enough my case was the 1st one off the conveyor in Las Vegas (obviously the threat of a 5ft Bridezilla did the trick ;-) ) and when i got to the hotel to check in I told them about how i'd packed the dress and they told me to unpack it and leave in my room and they got housekeeping to STEAM IT to get all the creases out and it was perfect!

Sorry for rambling on babe, but hope this helps a bit?!?

Dunx :-)

DUNXandWILL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 14, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm taking my dress in a dress box which I bought from Life Memories. I have booked Loftis Productions to come and steam my dress at the other end - I didn't want to risk not being able to hang it so I've come to terms with the fact she will be shoved lovingly into a box then be steamed to perfection at the other end
Old 16 Sep 14, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Took mine in one of those travel boxes like the one Tabz has mentioned. Went as hand luggage. Never even dawned on me to have the dress hung up in the cabin, I just wanted it in hand luggage so I knew where it was
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 14, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
bksouth
Excited about Disney

bksouth's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I got married in Florida and I took my dress on in a dress box as my hand luggage. It didnt fit in the overhead locker but they put it somewhere safe for me.
bksouth is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 14, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post

I took mine in hand luggage too. In fact we took bridesmaid dresses and shoes too... I just couldn't cope with the stress of worrying if I lost it. I packed ours in a trolly case, hung on arrival in a stream filled bathroom

I'm sure it would be fine in the hold but if you can see it you know all is well

J x
Old 16 Sep 14, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Mobile

I took mine in a cabin sized suitcase and took it as my hand luggage
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 14, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkertangled
Imagineer

Mobile

I have ordered a dress box from Virgin.
Tinkertangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 14, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post

I put my dress in my hold luggage suitcase, in a dress bag covered with tissue paper, I rolled up the dress and it probably took up a third of my case?

When we got to the Polynesian, I hung it up in the bathroom and did the stream trick with the shower on to let all the creases out but tbh, mine was lace on the top layer so you couldn't see any creases anyways!
Old 16 Sep 14, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread