Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 20 Feb 14, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
10 nights Idrive - Some seriously yummy food!

So... Its time for another food report.

For the most part its just the two of us again on this trip, Me Abi & OH Aaron but on occasion we were joined by friends too (Emma & Ben) and I also photographed their food !

All this lot resulted in a 4.5lb Slimming World weight gain! Not a bad outcome considering!

Here we go!

Cafe Nero @ Manchester Airport

Just an almond croissant for me! Yum

Frankie & Bennies @ Manchester Airport!

Aaron's breakfast was scrambled egg & bacon with toast, he really enjoyed it.

Virgin flight

So dreadful is their offering, we take on a sandwich each from Cafe Nero - Yum!

Millers Ale House - Idrive

Cajun Chicken Pasta for Aaron and the Zinger Mountain melt for me. We topped it off with a House Salad. Oooh so good!

Ihop - Idrive

Rooty Tooty for me & Steak Tips & Eggs for Aaron. Very good indeed! Aaron especially loved his. I did try a bit and it was amazing!

Cypress Bakery @ Seaworld

A massive slab of Carrot Cake! What can I say

TREX @ DTD

Just a couple of cocktails here, a Coronarita & a Pina Colava!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 14, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
House of Blues @ DTD

Spinach & Artichoke Flatbread to start! Very nice

Followed by the amazing Buttermilk Fried Chicken for me & a Steak for Aaron. Both were really good but very filling indeed and we both left a lot o food on our plate

As we had a restaurant.com voucher with a minimum spend, serret was a must

Bread Pudding for me

Key Lime Pie (to go & also for me )

Ohhhh wow, what can I say about both of these desserts! Just amazing.

Chao Cajun @ Florida Mall Food Court

We both had exactly the same here, Orange Chicken and Spicy Chicken. Absolutely divine.

Bahama Breeze - Idrive

This was a meal we shared with friends

Gorgeous Pina Coladas for me! Thats a neat shot of Captain Morgans hovering on top!

To start, Buttermilk Chicken Sliders for us & Coconut Onion Rings for the others. Both really nice!

Goats Cheese & Guacamole Burger for me

Curry for Aaron (I forget the actual name)

Buttermilk Chicken for Emma

Pasta for Ben (again, I have no idea what this was called!)

We all agreed that the food here was amazing, I think Emma & Ben went back again later in the holiday so they must have enjoyed it!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 14, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Cinnabon @ IOA

Just one super sickly caramel roll for me! Amazing but way to sweet for me to eat the whole thing! Can anyone eat a whole one?

Nascar Cafe @ City Walk

Loaded Hot Dog for me & Chicken tenders for Aaron. Average food but enjoyable. not sure we would eat here again though. Much prefer other places on City Walk!

Lard Lad Donuts @ Universal

The big pink one! Seriously better than I was imagining for a bit of a gimmick buy! Really fresh and delicious and very good value if you have enough people to eat it!

Olive Garden - Idrive

Breadsticks, Salad & Minestrone Soup to start! All amazing (although incredibly salty!)

Main wise I had the Chicken Parm & Aaron had the Tour of Italy. I really enjoyed mine. Aaron loved his Chicken but wasn't as keen on the pasta or Lasagne. He still made a decent effort though!

We had a free coupon for dessert so we took this beauty to go. White Chocolate & Raspberry Cheesecake! Heaven!
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Friendlies - Idrive

If you have read my food reports before you may want to skip this one... its the same every time

You guessed it! We both had the Chicken Honey BBQ Supermelt, mine with loaded fries!

Followed by our usual sundae. Pistachio, Nuts over Caramel & butter Pecan Ice Creams with Hot Fudge Sauce & Gummy Bears!

Outback Steakhouse - Vineland Avenue

Yummy bread to start (we asked for more )

We went halves on French Onion Soup & the House Salad. both really nice and included in the price of our mains.

We both then had steaks. Aaron a 9oz, me a 6oz. His was good, mine was not. My jacket potato could have done with an extra hour in the oven too. saying that, I still ate it all! I think that will have been our last visit though
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Celebration Farmers Market

Pretzel Bread & an Almond Croissant. The croissant was average but that bread was something else! Cheesy, Salty, Crusty, Soft, I could go on!

Fresh Strawberries, yummy and very refreshing on a hot day!

Celebration Ice Cream shop

Again I chose Pistachio & Buter Pecan. Im a lady of habit, what can I say! It was so nice to sit by the lake and eat this!

Cookes of Dublin @ DTD

Just one portion to share Really lovely though and just filled a hole! A really good use of a CS meal if you're on the dining plan!

Millers Superbowl Party - Idrive

A selection of the buffet food on offer. Not too bad really but I was gutter there were no Zingers!

The carved meat was really good!

Discovery Cove Breakfast

Not a bad offering, we both preferred the continental side to the hot food. The pastries & fruit were lovely.

Discovery Cove Lunch

A really good choice was on offer for lunch. The Jambalayer was really good as were the Chicken Tenders. I felt they had upped their game since we last visited in 2011.

Millers Ale House - Idrive

Combo fajitas for me & a Burger for Aaron. As usual here the food was fresh and delicious and such good value!
Old 20 Feb 14, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hollywood Studios

Just a Mickey Treat here - As good as i remembered!

Beaches & cream @ The Beach Club

Another of our old favourites. I had my usual Butter Pecan Milkshake which of course was heavenly!

We then both went for the burger, mine with onion rings & Aarons with fries. Seriously good burgers!

Panda Express - Idrive

Oooh what can i say! This was yummy. All you can eat for $10 - Yes please!

Chicken Shack - Simpsons Expansion Universal Studios

We were all pretty impressed with this place for a CS restaurant. My dish was really nice even though I have read some dodgy reviews. I guess it’s all about what time you get there and how long the food has been hanging around! We were in early so everything looked fresh 

Cheesecake Factory

The gorgeous bread We of course asked for more!

I was brave here and ordered the Fish Tacos (I’m not really a huge fish fan) but it didn’t pay off. The batter was really thick & soggy and the tortillas tasted very strange! I did love the rice & beans though! Aaron had the Chicken Parmesan Sandwich and absolutely loved it as usual. Luckily it was big enough to share too!

For pudding we ordered cheesecake to go! We made a conscious decision to try different flavours!

Lemon Raspberry for me & Snickers for Aaron. I now have a new favourite in mine! It was amazing. So refreshing and not nearly as rich/heavy as the others we have tried.
Old 20 Feb 14, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hash House a Go Go - Idrive

A breakfast / brunch here! Aaron had the Chicken Salad. This had apple, blue cheese & pecans and he really loved it! I had my normal Sage Fried Chicken and it was amazing! An expensive breakfast but thankfully we had a groupon!

Lone Palm @ City Walk

Just a couple of Margaritas here, way too strong for me though so Aaron ended up with them both!

Margarittaville @ City Walk

To start we had the Pretzel Bread with Mustard Dip! Oh my! This was good, salty fresh bread is always a winner!

Main wise, I had a Steak with Loaded Mash & Sour Cream! This was really goo, the mash was soooo creamy and smooth and the steak was good really well.

Aaron had the Fish Tacos which he said he enjoyed ( I know he was jealous of my steak though!)

Cypress Bakery @ SeaWorld

A healthy breakfast here, A huge slab of Rice Krispy cake!

Friendlies - Idrive

Back here we went for our Goodbye Florida meal

Emma & Ben came with us and between us we had 3 Chicken Supermelts and one Philly Cheesesteak Supermelt!

Amazing!

5 scoop sundaes are up next!

For me & Aaron we had Butter Pecan, Nuts Over Caramel, Pistachio, Cotton Candy Poppin Candy and Maple Walnut. All topped off with Hot Fudge Sauce, Marshmallow & Gummy Bears!

Bemma had Penut Butter Fudge, Butter Crunch, Nuts over Caramel, Cotton Candy and Choc Chip. All topped off with Vanilla Pound Cake, Marshmallow & Oreos!

Oh the ice cream here is good! There was no where near enough though and I could happily plough through one of these on my own!

That's all folks! Pretty much everything we ate was amazing
Old 20 Feb 14, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow Abi there are some amazing food pictures, i'm sat here drooling lol
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 14, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by jillywilly View Post
Wow Abi there are some amazing food pictures, i'm sat here drooling lol
Oh yes! Glad to be of service! How are you anyway?
Old 20 Feb 14, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Oh yes! Glad to be of service! How are you anyway?
I'm good thank you, looks like you had a great trip, can't believe you had to get someone to share the big pink doughnut at the Simpsons lol tey are gorgeous and not sickly at all haha
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List