Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 19 Sep 15, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post

So DD had her pirate cruise today and wanted to eat in the room with cereal and croissant

Beach club Marketplace

So after we dropped dd off we headed to beach club QS and had breakfast there while we discussed DVC DH is still not quite as clued up, we wandered down not a huge selection, but some lovely pastries and a couple of cooked options, picked up 2 egg platters they were really good the potato was so creamy and yummy, the eggs are always good on Disney I'm not a fan of biscuits, but I are this one, bacon and sausage crispy and as good as ever, nothing fancy but filled a hole, we opted for water and me a milk I'm not a tea or coffee drinker and not a huge soda drinker either.

Credits used 2 QS
Remaining 43

7/10

Kona Cafe

We have never eaten at Kona before only Ohana which we also have booked in and spirit of aloha DH has a thing for the poly lol

So we arrived at 5 and there was a 5min wait which is a short wait compared to some ADRs lol no bother as DH and DD needed the restroom and l was left on my Todd with the bags the beeper went off before they got back so I left them hahaha they did find me however!

So we decided on coke zero (I don't need any extra calories on this trip haha) DD a root beer and DH pink lemonade as he calls it! Which is pomegranate (not my favourite)

We also had alcohol DH choose the beer flight and me the lapu lapu, we tried each other's and DH beer was nice in not a beer fan really either but drinkable lol, my lapu was so so good strong you can deff taste the alcohol

The amazing bread came out just before the pot stickers macadamia nut butter and bread is just an amazing combo

pot stickers are just so yummy meaty middle dumpling outer and the green stuff is delicious don't believe ask the husband sorry very cheesy

DD I knew would choose of the adult menu here as it has sushi!

So she went for the nigiri which was squid, tuna sashimi, shrimp scallops and salmon, she ate all but one she had filled her belly on root beer and asked for a chocolate milk also, but said she loved it

I choose the duck and chorizo the duck was cooked perfectly (medium) the beans el dente and very glad I picked this over the steak

DH had the Ahi tuna cooked medium rare it was just Devine! And he wasn't complaining either

For dessert we had

The yuzu citrus tart with coconut and a lovely peanut brittle

I couldn't finish it as I was full but it was light and refreshing

DH the creme brûlée with banana and chocolate, he's cleared the bowl!

Dd declined any agrees until Tammy our server persuaded her with a chocolate cake with a candle in, she tried and had 3 mouthfuls, that face lol

Wasn't sure what to expect here as never been but it was brilliant and gets 10/10 from us

Credits used 3 TS
Remaining 42
OOP 38.60

Walmart purchases

I am a sucker for wallmart and I needed some hair oil and a new face powder as I dropped mine and it smashed and just a pair of flip flops for DD

We came out with this!

Your on the dining plan I hear you say, I know lol most of it is take home sweets, I found my favourite pink wine for under $5 here!
It's £8 at home! Not sure I could risk flying some back

We spent $140 on what was meant to be hair products and makeup etc

We will be going again to collect a few more bits as DD has a suitcase that she hasn't used!

Edited at 12:07 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 15, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
Love it! Your daughter is like my son, he has always loved olives, salmon, sushi and other stuff that most kids don't like! I think it's nice to see :-)
Oh yes I love the fact she will also try anything once even if she's not sure she will like it, I think we are lucky
Old 19 Sep 15, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

result with the extra credits,i wonder if you will manage to eat them all,some lovely meals so far,i didnt know you could get a qs steak meal,of to check the menu out mo x
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 15, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by mobeckwith View Post
result with the extra credits,i wonder if you will manage to eat them all,some lovely meals so far,i didnt know you could get a qs steak meal,of to check the menu out mo x
I think we are going to struggle ! but that's more sweets to bring back with anyluck
Old 19 Sep 15, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Great updates. I love how adventurous your DD is.

What wine is that from Walmart? My favourite is the Pink Moscato from a Barefoot but I know there are a few other pink ones too.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 15, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

They had the moscato too for under $5 I like the Zinfandel
Old 22 Sep 15, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post

DVC tour

So we took the tour, we got given free pastries and sundaes at the end they were tasty also a selections of teas coffees and juices , and we had sundaes at the end.

Animal kingdom

We decided to pop to 2 places Asia for yak and yeti and flame tree BBQ

We loved flame tree BBQ on all previous trips however this trip we seek to have lost the love, I think due to owning our own smoker or the meat just tasted a lot sweeter? I swapped my dessert for a side of onion rings the onions rings were really tasty, and a mandarin lemonade which DD claimed for herself!

6/10 mainly due to just the meat it was cooked perfectly just not to our taste anymore

Yak and yeti

DH had the teriyaki beef, I will will have to go back to get the honey chicken! I didn't try much only the beef but DH ate most of this and said it was great he got a frozen lemonade with his

8/10 we are struggling to eat 3 quick service meals each this trip, and discussed if we had to come back on a cash booking again we wouldn't do free dining it's just way too much food now for us

Cape May

Dinner at Cape May is always a winner we love the food here, there is so much that I still have never managed to try it all!

DD as you can tell is a avid seafood fan!

The clam chowder is so good the beef cooked perfect, you must try this place!

10/10 will always be on our list

I have lost count of credits so going to have to check this later today as in a couple of days behind as we have been so busy!

Edited at 12:47 PM.
Old 22 Sep 15, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We started at beaches and cream today and decided to not eat any breakfast as the kitchen sink was on our list!

Beaches and cream

So as you can see we failed my sugar free 55 days did me in and we managed half! Just half lol it was yummy though I kept finding the mint choc chip and I hate this flavour lol it's DD and DH favourite blurghh

10/10 glad we tried it, Not on the dining plan out of pocket and will double check the amount with drinks today

We weren't hungry all the way until 2ish when we decided to try a le frous brew

Gaston's tavern

It was yummy gave us all brain freeze haha we purchased one and used a snack credit for the other as dd wanted the belle cup

8/10 nice and refreshing

La cantina

Next we stopped of at Mexico to grab some churros with caramel sauce to tie us over until our ADR at Tokyo at 8.30pm

Used a SC 10/10 so yummy

We popped to Norway to get a school bread too , but I forgot the photo, I think because I was so annoyed at a woman who pushed in front of me to order! so I just walked to the cashier and asked if she could grab me one and pay there, and ended up in front of her she was not happy lol ignorant grrr

Anyway 7/10 for me DD and DH 9/10 I'm not a huge custard fan but it was good. Another SC used

Tokyo dining

They were running 30mins behind so DD was already falling asleep on the chairs lol

We usually eat here OOP and have sushi but I said tonight we need to try the actual dining plan menu and it didn't disappoint! The bento boxes were fab the beef rice was amazing!

DD had iced tea and milk I had a diet coke

Dd was falling asleep at the table so we took dessert to go and unfortunately by the time we got back it was upside down back to front and squished lol , it was ginger and chocolate and green tea cheese cake, we have had these previously and they are great however we binned these one lol

10/10 another for revisit on next trip
Old 28 Sep 15, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Loving your report
Old 29 Sep 15, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Great food report. Our ds loved Tokyo and Cape May.

It's great to have an adventurous eater although I found last year it was to my cost as ds had the child's dining plan and wanted to eat all my food. next year he's on the adult plan.

Have fun.