Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 9 Dec 16, 02:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by clarithy View Post
Last time we were there cowfish wasn't open but was nearly ready! I really wanna try it. Your burgers looked yum!
Oh they were cooked to perfection we have always had a good meal there and the short rib on top was divine, I would highly recommend.
Mariaherself is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 16, 02:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Pizza predattoria 08/12/16

We were still quite full from Cowfish last night so skipped breakfast today, we were also due to eat at thunder falls Terrace for lunch but we both fancied pizza instead so went to the quickservice pizza predattoria within the Jurassic park area.

We shared a cheese pizza - sorry about the light we had to sit in the shade.

We also shared a Brookie, which is a cookie inside a brownie, and a large Diet Coke - it came to about $16 all in and was really nice

The brookie was the highlight for me the chocolate chips were gooey and it was soft and warm

All in all a respectable cheap but tasty theme park meal.
Mariaherself is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 16, 02:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Starbucks drinks

We nipped in here again, I got a strawberries and cream frappe and the Hubswand had a latte

It was good but just the same as you get here in the UK
Old 9 Dec 16, 02:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savoury Feast Kitchen 08/12/16

We were looking forward to this meal and especially the milkshakes which we had seen online, we were told it was a 30 min wait but less than 10 mins later we were seated outside on the patio area.

I ordered a strawberry cheesecake milkshake & a Diet Coke

Hubswand ordered a chocolate brownie milkshake

The shakes came pretty quickly but the actual meal took about 35 mins to come out, I ordered the brisket meatloaf with Yukon mashed potatoes

And Hubswand ordered carbonara which had pork belly and peas in it

My food was good, a little cold but tasty but Dans was pretty bland and he had a feeling it was sat around for a while as the sauce had started to set, I think as well because of the wait we had filled ourselves up too much with the shakes.

The bill came to $68 and we left a 18% tip, the highlight for this meal is the shakes and the theming, we think had we just came for the shakes we would have had a better experience.
Old 9 Dec 16, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Great report so far, definitely subscribing. Hope you have a really fab trip. Cowfish is on my list to try out next summer, those cocktails looked yummy. Can't wait for the next instalment.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 16, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Breakfast in room dining 09/12/16

We decided to have a lazy morning and order breakfast in our room, I ordered an omlette with sausage, cheddar and bacon (which comes with breakfast potatoes and toast), and Hubswand ordered an American breakfast which is sausage, x2 eggs, breakfast potatoes and English muffins, we ordered the food and 30 minutes later it arrived however... it was the wrong order, instead we got x2 American breakfasts. Now normally I would have made a fuss but it looked really good and I couldn't be bothered waiting another 30 mins for them to make me a rushed omlette so I decided to have it, the man was very apologetic and to be honest it was a lovely mistake because the food was absolutely delicious. The meal came on a little trolley which folded out to become a little table and came with iced water, jam and Ketchup too.

It came to $50 including 22%service charge and $3.50 tray charge
Old 9 Dec 16, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Snack - Krispy Kreme doughnut holes 09/12/16

We were still full from breakfast so a lunch snack for us today was a tub of Krispy Kreme doughnut holes, I picked these up from Walgreens at I drive 360. They were sugary, sickly and awesome - only $2

Old 10 Dec 16, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Fab report

Hope you are having an amazing time
Old 10 Dec 16, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Thanks for all the lovely comments guys, we are having an amazing time
Old 10 Dec 16, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

NBC Sports Bar & Grill 09/12/16

We were originally going to eat at the Outback streakhouse today but decided to switch our days around so today we ended up back at Citywalk in the evening, we wanted to try the NBC Sports Bar and Grill and arrived about 7:30pm, there was a 20 minute wait so we decided to have a look around the shops and wait for our text.

35 mins later we still hadn't received a text so went to check everything was OK, but just as we arrived our table was ready.

We asked for a lower seat and were seated close to the open kitchen, it's quite impressive in here, huge extraction fans over open flame grills and gigantic screens showing sports and news.

We were asked almost immediately if we would like a drink, Dan went for a beer flight and I had a Diet Coke, in Dans flight there were 3 local beers all quite hoppie and a pineapple cider, I had a taste of the cider and decided to claim that little glass as my own, Dan isn't much into cider anyway so was happy to oblige.

Now for the food, we watched many a burger being put together in the open kitchen and it all looked so good, I ordered a half rack of smokies ribs with Parmesan fries, it also came with coleslaw and cornbread and I ordered a side of chargrilled corn

This was amazing, the sauce was devine, very smokey but with a little kick, there was so much meat on the ribs - unlike the uk where you have to chew the bone to find the meat this was loaded with it. The fries and all the other accompaniments were also really good.

Dan ordered the beef brisket, He also asked for Parmesan fries and had a side of mac n cheese, his brisket came with the same sauce as me on the side and Dan loved this meal, he was also really happy with the mac n cheese as usually they put peppers and other things in mac n cheese these days and he likes it traditional. Dan also said the brisket was tender and delicious and he was really pleased the sauce came on the side and did not drown the meat.

It came to $75 including a 20% tip so really good value - so far one of the best meals of the holiday but we have Disney to look forward to yet