Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Aug 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
orlando10
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by swan View Post
I've always taken wipes and clean everything that I can- seatbelts, trays, window blinds, air vents, tv.
As ex crew, I've seen all sorts of things on tray tables including babies nappies being changed on them.
I've also seen cleaners use the same dirty cloth on every tray table from the back of the aircraft to the front.🤢
Hi
Me too, always take a pack of antibacterial wipes and wipe everything down, never know what the passengers before being doing or what they have touched also carry a bottle of gel everywhere, my daughters seizures are triggered by infection so I don't want to risk her being ill.
DLP 2016, 2018
orlando10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Think of all the germs in the ride vehicles in Orlando. Makes you wonder what kind of dirty person may have been in there before you.

Disney332
Old 19 Aug 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Did you watch all of it? She does wear a mask.
i did skip to the part where she looked like she worked for the airline cleaning company and turned it off after 1 min
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Always take antibacterial wipes and wipe down the tray , screen and arm rests, then use anti bac hand gel.
When we get to hotel I use the wipes to clean the door handles, remote and toilet flush
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I always give the tray a wipe.
I take my own plane slippers - idk how anyone walks around barefoot or in socks!
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
this makes me happy to know im not the only one I always wipe down arm rests, tray, screen and seatbelt with antibac wipes, use antibac gel or hand wipes after using the bathroom/before eating and take crocs to wear as plane shoes to go to the bathroom and up and down the aisle (I travel in trainers but the crocs are easier to slip on and off on the flight)

I have been tempted by the mask idea im not gonna lie - i have seen more and more people using them about town now in Cardiff and when I cycle I now use one.

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Always wipe down the remotes anywhere you go, they have been found to carry large amounts of feacal contamination.

I travel for work and some of the train/bus/plane seats are terrible , the tray tables are the worst.

I take my own pillow on the plane and after getting a blanket out of a bag which reeked of vomit once I am loathe to use them , I wont use the headsets either.

I also have paper loo covers from Tiger and all sorts of wet wipes Anti Bac- baby wipes- make up wipes etc

A bit off topic but how many times have you seen people coughing and sneezing out shopping then putting their hands back on the trolley handle?
There was a study in the Evening Standard last week highlighting the huge number of new superbugs on the Tube handles and swipe machines
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
Always wipe down the remotes anywhere you go, they have been found to carry large amounts of feacal contamination.

I travel for work and some of the train/bus/plane seats are terrible , the tray tables are the worst.

I take my own pillow on the plane and after getting a blanket out of a bag which reeked of vomit once I am loathe to use them , I wont use the headsets either.

I also have paper loo covers from Tiger and all sorts of wet wipes Anti Bac- baby wipes- make up wipes etc

A bit off topic but how many times have you seen people coughing and sneezing out shopping then putting their hands back on the trolley handle?
There was a study in the Evening Standard last week highlighting the huge number of new superbugs on the Tube handles and swipe machines
Have you seen a cash point screen when the sun catches it? Disgusting! The other thing I hate touching is card payment machines as they are just touched constantly throughout the day with people entering their pin numbers. My DH does it if we're together, and if I have to then I sanitize straight afterwards. I'm so happy when I can use contactless!

At Disney, I'm constantly washing and sanitizing my hands, especially after going on rides. So far, I'm the only one of our family who hasn't been sick whilst we've been there, so it must help. The rest have come around to my way of thinking now as they don't want to miss out on any more of their holiday due to sickness. They still tease me about it though

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Have you seen a cash point screen when the sun catches it? Disgusting! The other thing I hate touching is card payment machines as they are just touched constantly throughout the day with people entering their pin numbers. My DH does it if we're together, and if I have to then I sanitize straight afterwards. I'm so happy when I can use contactless!

At Disney, I'm constantly washing and sanitizing my hands, especially after going on rides. So far, I'm the only one of our family who hasn't been sick whilst we've been there, so it must help. The rest have come around to my way of thinking now as they don't want to miss out on any more of their holiday due to sickness. They still tease me about it though
Yes I have! Thankfully I use contactless for nearly everything , I was given a room key card in a hotel recently it was filthy , I washed it in my Dettol soap I carry in a little bottle .

Many people may laugh or say .."oh a few germs never hurt anyone" but people are either :

Lazy to the fact of hygiene
Generally not bothered
Ignorant of the fact their actions have on the wider population

My type of work ( food manufacturing and the wider scope ) is very observant to the amount of bacteria and the prevelant illness caused by general lack of hygeine especially for the immuno suppressed and vulnerable people.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
orlando10
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by claireyfairy8 View Post
I always give the tray a wipe.
I take my own plane slippers - idk how anyone walks around barefoot or in socks!
It gives me heebee jeebees looking at people walking around in socks on a plane or especially going to the loo yuk. I don't like walking around in bare feet in the villa or hotel so pack cheap slippers and don't bring them back, we take our shoes off at home even though we have no carpet so can only imagine the dirt and germs trampled in.
DLP 2016, 2018
orlando10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List