Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Aug 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky's Mum
Excited about Disney

Having had a kidney transplant and therefore having a low immune system I always wipe down the whole seat area. I carry anti bac wipes with me as well as anti bac gel. Do the same in restaurants etc as well... can't be too careful!
Lucky's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
I wipe down the tray table, screen and remote thing if there is one.

People are disgusting, don't trust anyone!

Joa
Old 20 Aug 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My 12-year old took anti-bac wipes on our flight- I’m glad she did as when I wiped my tray & seat arms they were filthy. 🤢
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I take antibac wipes for my tray, screen, remote etc and I also use antibac gel when I return from the loo and before I eat. Another habit I've adopted, after washing my hands in the toilet, I then use an extra paper towel to unlock and open the door, which I throw away once the door is open - anything to avoid touching the door handle with my clean hands!

In the parks (and around the shops at home), I have an antibac gel dispenser hanging from my rucksack that I use after getting off rides, using a touch screen, before eating etc.
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Mobile

Not quoting any one post some some of them on here are tiring just reading them. I will admit I have never cleaned anything on a plane and I have flown well over 100 flights. I have absolutely no problem with people who do but for me , life is stressful enough with out worry about what might happen ( excluding medical reasons of course). As someone posted before, shopping trolleys, door handles, getting into a car, going to a concert, theme parks and one of the worst offenders for germs... money. Most people have very strong antibodies that protect your immune system that keep all these things at bay. They need a little 'dirt/germs' to recharge their effectiveness .

Of course it's very much an 'each to their own' but sometimes things we do are not always good for us.

And for the record... I always wash my hands when I go to the bathroom .
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

I have never cleaned on a plane, but must admit to checking down the sides of the seats -

as I oft repeat - my sister's 3 year old (at the time) picked up something from between the seats and was putting it in her mouth when my sister grabbed it - it was a warfarin tablet - obviously dropped by a previous occupant - looked like a little sweet.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I was just surprised she cleaned it herself and didn't have someone to do the job for her!
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

Always take small sanitiser into the parks, it’s the hand rails ugh full of germs
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I wipe down the work kitchen fridge before I open it and the kettle before I use it - the kitchen is in close proximity to the gents toilets, my office is opposite those toilets, some of the guys are in and out that toilet way too quickly to have been able to wash their hands - they then stop off in the kitchen to get a drink.

Found out yesterday there’s been no soap in the toilet for over a week (!)
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Clare View Post
I wipe down the work kitchen fridge before I open it and the kettle before I use it - the kitchen is in close proximity to the gents toilets, my office is opposite those toilets, some of the guys are in and out that toilet way too quickly to have been able to wash their hands - they then stop off in the kitchen to get a drink.

Found out yesterday there’s been no soap in the toilet for over a week (!)
Have to say that is a good idea Clare. My office, for a while was right beside the gents staff toilet in the endoscopy unit. Just like you, I would hear flush, then some came straight out - even worse - some of them were surgeons who should know better.