Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 10 Aug 20, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
cesca86
Very Serious Dibber

cesca86's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Question Disney Paris Birthday Road Trip

I’d like to take my daughter to Disney Paris next year and was looking at transport options. Does anyone know what the drive is like from either the ferry or euroshuttle?
Any tips or experiences welcome.
Lumiere: Ma chère mademoiselle. It is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight. And now, we invite to relax, let us pull up a chair, as the dining room proudly presents... your dinner.
cesca86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 20, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

We drive every trip (taking the Euro Tunnel) and its actually a very easy and pleasant journey. I have some DLP trip reports that cover the journey on the travel day installment which will give much more detail. We are based in Essex and drive down to Folkestone the night before staying at the Premier Inn there (it's only a few minute drive from the tunnel)

We love driving as means you can load the car up with no restrictions on how much luggage you take (or how much you buy when out there as easy to get it back!)
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
cesca86
Very Serious Dibber

cesca86's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Thank you for your opinion Lisa i will have a look at your trip reports x
Lumiere: Ma chère mademoiselle. It is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight. And now, we invite to relax, let us pull up a chair, as the dining room proudly presents... your dinner.
cesca86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

We’ve driven and used the tunnel twice too. It’s only 30 mins (plus 1 hour time difference) then about 3 hour drive. We like the flexibility and taking lots with us lol. Also gives Davy Crockett lodges as an option
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Privateer
Earning More Ears

Hi cesca86,

I prefer to drive than take the train or plane as you can take more stuff with you and bring more goodies home ! I also prefer the EuroTunnel than the ferry as I find it quicker and more relaxing and if you have anybody in the car who might suffer from seasickness then the Eurotunnel is a must.

I just followed the directions that the SatNav gave and used the main toll roads.

Before you go, ensure that your car is fit for a long journey and get it serviced and MOT'd if necessary. Make sure that you have the France driving kit suitable for the number of people that you are taking. Have a look at the AA or RAC website for information.

We prefer to take the quickest route and not sightsee when we go to DLP so we will take the toll roads. If you go by Eurotunnel get the free toll tag offer, if you use a tag then you can sail through the toll booths and not have to worry about cash or card and the tag can reduce journey time.

If you're not used to driving on the 'wrong' side of the road then buy a DriveRight Lane Safety Device, which is a fancy reversible sticker that you place on your windscreen as a reminder as to which side of the road you should be on and how to drive around roundabouts. I found this product very useful and even temporarily used it when I got back to the UK just to remind me to drive on the 'correct' side of the road.

Have a decent road atlas with you but nowaday I'd take a decent SatNav that has traffic so that you can just follow the instructions and hopefully have a relaxing journey with no holdups. If your SatNav can take custom POIs (Points of Interest) then download the free Disneyland Paris POIs from PocketGPSWorld, just select France as the country and Disney Hotels for the accommodation. If you're already a member of PocketGPSWorld (it's free to join for POIs and forum) you'll see the Disneyland Hotel as an example. The benefit of the custom POIs from PocketGPSWorld is that they should direct you to the main entrance of your hotel when the builtin POIs are not always as accurate.

Regards,
Privateer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List