Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Oct 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are not really sharers. I never understand the holiday food reports of people sharing meals. Who gets to choose ?
I do however always have a taste of any dessert my husband orders but that is because there are no calories if it is from someone else’s plate.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I do however always have a taste of any dessert my husband orders but that is because there are no calories if it is from someone else’s plate.
Same as chips!
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
We are not really sharers. I never understand the holiday food reports of people sharing meals. Who gets to choose ?
It's quite easy for us - we'll look at menus, have that brief "what are you going to have?" type chat and it will quickly emerge that a couple of things have caught the eyes of both of us, so we order one of each to share.

But there will be other times where there may be a nice looking fish dish on the menu that may partner fancies that I don't eat, or simply, one of us is having something the other doesn't really fancy, in which case we just order for ourselves and eat the one dish. That's not to say the other person won't have a taste of the other person's food, but it won't be a full-on 50/50 split type thing.

There's no major drama either way.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
It's quite easy for us - we'll look at menus, have that brief "what are you going to have?" type chat and it will quickly emerge that a couple of things have caught the eyes of both of us, so we order one of each to share.

But there will be other times where there may be a nice looking fish dish on the menu that may partner fancies that I don't eat, or simply, one of us is having something the other doesn't really fancy, in which case we just order for ourselves and eat the one dish. That's not to say the other person won't have a taste of the other person's food, but it won't be a full-on 50/50 split type thing.

There's no major drama either way.

Absolutely this

I actually think all the non sharers are weird
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Did you ever watch friends? I am known as ‘joey doesn’t share!’
If someone touched my food it would be at their own risk as they might find my fork in the back if their hands!

Aside from me being extremely greedy and not wanting anyone to take any if my food. I could not eat anything off someone else's plate, unless they had not touched anything yet. When I watch a movie that shows a romantic couple giving each other a taste of their food on their fork it makes me feel queasy.
This has always baffled my husband, I will kiss him and make babies with him but I won’t try something off his fork/spoon/plate. 😂😂
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Myself and DH would maybe taste each others food if it was something different but wouldn't share meals, dont think I've ever shared meals with friends or would want to.
Old 17 Oct 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Nope!

I order my own, I don’t share. If it’s a starter and I want to try two, and so does OH, then we were order both and split both. But we don’t share main meals, we don’t share takeaways and I wouldn’t share off a friends plate.

We would try each other’s meals if we wanted to, but certainly not share 😂
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

When we order takeaway as a group it's a standing joke Dave takes his order and slinks off with it like a cat with a rat!

This is why I like an All inclusive Buffets, I try everything.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Honestly I dread the words “shall we just get a bit of everything and share”. No. No we shan’t. 😂😂😂.

EssexSue - I’m the same! I’ll take mine away 😂. All inclusive buffets are the way forward if people want a bit of everything - they’re still not having it off my plate 😂
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Trusty ian View Post
I don't share but I have got a telescopic fork that comes out at Christmas and party's for my benefit for a laugh. Quite handy for stealing roast potatoes 🤣😅😅 . Known as the freeloader fork.

I know, childish at the age of 56 , blah blah blah!
My dd has one too, kept using it at Christmas dinner but didn’t actually steal anything but tried!