Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Oct 20, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile Land registry records

recently I was just looking at our transaction and details on Zoopla which showed the date of purchase and price paid. This info comes from land registry I'm led to believe.
So decided to look at my parents bungalow date of sale etc. It doesn't show up. Shows the previous owners purchase in 2000 but not when parents bought in 2005. I decided to check at the land registry with a free check of basic details. Nothing shown except for previous owner purchase in 2000 again.
I did question myelderly parents about this and they seemed to think it wasn't a problem as they think they have deeds.
Does seem a bit odd. Could house sale be legally safe without land registry informed
Any one in the know advise.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
No title needs to be perfected by registration, otherwise all you have is a beneficial title. Worth following this up with the solicitors who dealt with the purchase in 2005.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 04:14 AM  
Link to this Post

Paper deeds don’t mean anything, the land registry is fully online now. I would be quite concerned about this, it definitely needs to be followed up.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 04:35 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by Trusty ian View Post
recently I was just looking at our transaction and details on Zoopla which showed the date of purchase and price paid. This info comes from land registry I'm led to believe.
So decided to look at my parents bungalow date of sale etc. It doesn't show up. Shows the previous owners purchase in 2000 but not when parents bought in 2005. I decided to check at the land registry with a free check of basic details. Nothing shown except for previous owner purchase in 2000 again.
I did question myelderly parents about this and they seemed to think it wasn't a problem as they think they have deeds.
Does seem a bit odd. Could house sale be legally safe without land registry informed
Any one in the know advise.
I believe- but may be wrong - that when you buy/sell a property in the UK there is an option to not disclose sale/purchase price which means that sites such as zoopla etc cant show it.

Does the free search show the correct names on the deeds even if the value isn't shown?
Old 25 Oct 20, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

A few years ago when my dad was alive I would have been able to answer this better as he had worked at the land registry for over 30 years! However I did pick up some bits from our own dealings. Firstly, if they still have paperwork from the purchase they should have the invoice which will include the LR fee and after completion they will have a letter stating but has been registered. We didn’t get this letter and so my dad said we needed to get it sorted so we contacted mortgage company who chased solicitors and all sorted, that was 20 years ago.

Last year we moved and actually got a document from the LR saying it was all registered to us and we signed up to their free notification service if anyone looked into our records - I will try to find link once I am on my computer rather than phone.

Everything may be above board but I would check in these days of online fraud etc.

Good luck.
Old 25 Oct 20, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

gov.uk/guidance/property-alert

Above is the link to get alerts on activity for your property. Very much worth signing up for.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Wow. Every day is a learning experience on the Dibb

I never knew about these issues and also the alerts you can sign up for.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
I believe- but may be wrong - that when you buy/sell a property in the UK there is an option to not disclose sale/purchase price which means that sites such as zoopla etc cant show it.

Does the free search show the correct names on the deeds even if the value isn't shown?
I thought there was an opt out option to since GDPR was updated.

My neighbours house used to be listed but now isn't. They've never moves.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Our house purchase isn’t on zoopla but it is on the land registry. (The free one). Is it worth paying the £3 to check it’s my name? I hold a copy of the deeds.
I found the zoopla search quite interesting as next door is valued higher than ours yet we have an extra bedroom and bathroom.🤷🏼 And in every other way, they are identical. Not that we are planning to sell, but the information is useful when we are wanting to re-mortgage.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
A few years ago when my dad was alive I would have been able to answer this better as he had worked at the land registry for over 30 years! However I did pick up some bits from our own dealings. Firstly, if they still have paperwork from the purchase they should have the invoice which will include the LR fee and after completion they will have a letter stating but has been registered. We didn’t get this letter and so my dad said we needed to get it sorted so we contacted mortgage company who chased solicitors and all sorted, that was 20 years ago.

Last year we moved and actually got a document from the LR saying it was all registered to us and we signed up to their free notification service if anyone looked into our records - I will try to find link once I am on my computer rather than phone.

Everything may be above board but I would check in these days of online fraud etc.

Good luck.
I have all my paperwork from our house sale. I seem to remember seeing documents from the land registry. I’m off to check and save myself £3. 😂
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List