Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 14 Aug 20, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

This sucks!

We were due to go on Saturday and this is our 6th holiday to be cancelled this year. 6th! We couldn’t go earlier this week due to my sons birthday and work commitments.

I am so upset/fed up now. My husband has worked 12 hour days doing a manual job the whole way through lockdown. He’s not as young as he used to be and he’s working himself into the ground. The family are all worried about him and he is the worst for taking a break. If it’s a holiday abroad, he’ll go (with persuading) but he won’t take a day off here at home, or travel in the UK.

I’m just at a loss. I mentioned going elsewhere and he has said no, he was only happy going to France to get a Disney fix (4 Disney trips cancelled this year now). He said he’ll work on the garden all weekend instead
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by ALuk View Post
It’s not petty at all, UK is one of the worst in Europe and I’m surprised it has t happened sooner.
Yes it is petty and no we are not -
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
This sucks!

We were due to go on Saturday and this is our 6th holiday to be cancelled this year. 6th! We couldn’t go earlier this week due to my sons birthday and work commitments.

I am so upset/fed up now. My husband has worked 12 hour days doing a manual job the whole way through lockdown. He’s not as young as he used to be and he’s working himself into the ground. The family are all worried about him and he is the worst for taking a break. If it’s a holiday abroad, he’ll go (with persuading) but he won’t take a day off here at home, or travel in the UK.

I’m just at a loss. I mentioned going elsewhere and he has said no, he was only happy going to France to get a Disney fix (4 Disney trips cancelled this year now). He said he’ll work on the garden all weekend instead
I’m so sorry for you and your family. I couldn’t get to sleep last night thinking about all of this. Now I’m up and getting ready for work on what should have been an exciting day with it being my last day at work, instead I feel so upset and down and my DD is the same. I’ll have lost money again with our hotel booking at the airport, the magical shuttle, flights we were told were non-refundable, train tickets I can at least get most of the money back. Yep I’m feeling totally 💩. Going to call Disney shortly - IF I can get through 😭.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Looking for a bit of advice. We. have Eurostar tickets booked which are transferable or refundable. Can this be done on line or do I need to go to st pancreas. Any advice appreciated.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Jessie2012
Very Serious Dibber

It’s awful, my Mum was meant to be going tomorrow,and got the dreaded news last night!She’s now not going as can’t quarantine on return due to work.I’m so gutted for her, suitcase packed and waiting by the door.I really feel sorry for everyone.
Jessie2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

So sorry to all of you who have to cancel , we had this dreaded news a couple of weeks ago for Spain.
Luckily for us we can still go tomorrow but I know not everyone is that fortunate .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Hope everyone can sort themselves out

I was convinced this was going to happen so cancelled our trip last week. Already got my refund from DLP and from Eurotunnel (who are now going to have quite a backlog to get through I imagine).

The holiday we booked to Italy instead with TUI is now fully booked (which was my other worry - that nothing would be available if we left it too late).

I was sad to make the call at the time but very glad I did!
Old 14 Aug 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
trfc2019
Earning More Ears

so now an added issue in that Paris has been declared a Red Zone, does DLP fall under Paris? I think its separate isn't it
trfc2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Hollyhobbit
Excited about Disney

Hi, I have looked everywhere for info but can’t seem to find an answer and I am hoping someone may know here. My daughter was supposed to be going to Florida on September 1st , when that was cancelled she booked to visit a friend in Norway . Her flight is KLM and is via Schipol but The Netherlands has also been added to the quarantine list. Does anyone know if you can transit via a country without quarantining when back.
Thanks for any info.
Hollyhobbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
So sorry to all of you who have to cancel , we had this dreaded news a couple of weeks ago for Spain.
Luckily for us we can still go tomorrow but I know not everyone is that fortunate .
Hi FizzyWhip

I’m in the same position as you as we can both self quarantine when we get back as I work from home. My concern is what if France decide to throw in the 14 day quarantine on arrival - what will you do? That’s the only thing stopping me from going ☹️.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List