Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Oct 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

Damaged product from Wayfair

I ordered a £55 radiator cover from wayfair but the slats that go across the front are damaged and scratched. Another order was damaged recently so I thought stuff it I'll ask for a refund rather than an exchange and go elsewhere.

Logged in, asked for a refund, sent a photo, then immediately it approved the refund and told me to just bin the product, without anyone looking over the images I submitted. Surely they could have taken it back and repackaged it with some undamaged slats? It seems so wasteful to me. I'll take the refund but I won't be binning it that's for sure! I'll try and paint over the damage and live with it looking imperfect as it's now free.

Anyone else think this is wasteful? Or am I being ungrateful for efficient customer service?
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

It is wasteful but unfortunately it’s probably cheaper to do that.

Edited at 09:07 PM.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

HAd the same 2 weeks ago with a third headboard from them same as you refund and just bin it
Will I heck bought upholstery braid as it was on the top and it’s been covered looks great
And I got a voucher as well as it was the third time with the same item
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I think that standard for Wayfair. I bought a bistro set from them last year, it was impossible to put together so I asked for a replacement, they sent another but told me to keep the original. Turned out that the pre drilled holes in the metal were the problem but with 2 sets to mix and match we ended up being able to complete both sets.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I used to work for a similar company, carriers charge quite a lot of money to collect items, so its more cost effective to not have them back. We often direct shipped from the supplier so wouldnt have a warehouse capable of repairing/repacking an item.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

I bought a table from them two weeks ago.I think it came from France!
It was in a shocking state...could only have been done in the factory.
Royal Mail came today to collect it..and said I will get a refund when they receive it.
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sas
Apprentice Imagineer

We had a damaged head board from them, got it at half price. Suited us as it was on the back x
Old 23 Oct 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
They do have a strange policy

We ordered a PC table and they sent a TV table! However I had opened and slung the box so just wrapped it up in brown tape and the DHL Guy who collected it looked at me like I had two heads!

3 Months later we ordered a rug and paid for the correct big size. They sent a postage stamp size one! Told me to keep that one and sent the correct one. As we speak my Daughter is the proud owner of the freebie. Strange company.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We ordered a vanity and toilet unit for our bathroom, the sink arrived chipped (at the front so quite noticeable) so they sent a whole new one and said to keep the broken one.

We gave it to someone who wasn’t as bothered by the chip to use in their bathroom.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Ordered quite a bit from Wayfair. Had both scenarios but pretty sure they are a company that sell other companies products so maybe it depends on the actual producer whether they want it back or let the customer keep it.

Slightly different but ordered a blind from blinds2go and they made it differently to the others id ordered previously but they said to keep the blind and give to a friend or a charity and they'd send out a new one free of charge.
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List