Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Nov 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Here's how my day panned out...

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Animal Kingdom: done.

Next up: Hollywood Studios.

Studios - Bosh!

Onto Epcot...

Sat on a broken down Spaceship Earth for half an hour and got to Journey into Imagination only to find it had closed for the day, but otherwise a successful Epcot.

And now for the Magic Kingdom for 3 hours or so, including EMH...

Done. In every sense.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Yes, the travelling won't be too bad. But it still takes time and effort to move between the parks, even with direct buses. I'd reckon about 40 minutes to leave the park, walk over to the bus stop, wait for a bus, travel over to the next park, go through security, and into the park. Less than this if you luckily get to the bus stop just as a bus is arriving.

It still mean the OP will spend over an hour moving between the 3 parks during their day. That's time they could've spent going on a couple of additional rides (I suppose one could argue the Disney buses are like a ride ).
Agree, easily forty minutes to change parks, an hour wouldn’t be unusual either. We normally do two parks a day, but in September it was so hot we couldn't waste the energy on it and we’re more inclined to stay in one place.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Very possible we did 5 parks in one day and managed to hit some of the big attractions such as space mountain, slinky dog, navi river journey, rock and roller coaster and test track! We managed a total of 17 rides that day and it was great fun! We only used Disney transport and had 13 hours in the park and managed 17 rides, snack in every park a table service at Epcot and pictures in every park! I don’t think the transport will slow you down too much just have a good plan!
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Five in a day‽ Our plan isn't so crazy...

Thanks everyone.

The park tickets are new - they're Cast Member perks.
I know Hollywood will be busy but it's got to be breakfast at Garden Grill. My nephew thinks we're only able to do Universal and he's a bit gutted he's not getting to eat with Chip n Dale (so he thinks )

We are very fortunate to have been several times and plan again for a big bash in 2021 or 2022 so we don't feel too bad about not hitting everything we've previously done.

I think you may all be right, it's a lot of running around. Hmmm, least I've got quite a while to mull it over.
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
This is an exciting idea, you could do a highlight tour of your favourites.

I could argue it both ways, for and against...we've done the 4 park 1 day challenge and loved it. It was great getting to do some of our favourite attractions and taking in the atmosphere of each park. We did it as one day out of a 2 week holiday where we had our fill of the parks though so didn't mind about the travelling between parks. As the others have said it will take time out of your day for travelling and you could have enjoyed that in the park you're in. Unless you see the traveling as downtime, where you can have a bit of a sit down and rest in the air con.

The flipside is if it's a special event to go to the wdw parks and you're veterans, going back the following year then maybe doing the 3 parks is a good idea and you can do your favourites and see it as a tour of your families hits whether that's shows, thrill rides, characters or snacks.

I hope you have a fab time surprising your nephew. Garden Grill is one of my favourite restaurants I love it!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.

Edited at 09:53 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Personally I would definitely skip lunch at Yak & Yeti, in fact I wouldn't plan a TS meal for lunch or dinner in order to maximise time.

And I would allow the best part of an hour to travel in between parks once you've factored in getting into and out of the parks and getting through security. It never feels that long because usually it is quite a pleasant experience and its all broken down into little chunks but if you were to go from FEA in Epcot to SDD in DHS there's a lot of walking from the rides to the park entrances before you even start queuing for the bus (or skyliner)
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by willow View Post
Check the park opening and closing times, start with the earliest opening and finish on the last one to close.Make sure you do a day where there’s no evening event on in the parks.
We are planning on trying the 6 park challenge. Both Universal and the 4 Disney parks and ending up in Disney Springs, might even try to get a water park in as well!
When do you plan on doing this? We were going to do universal too be decided with the travel and paying for parking in both Disney and universal put us off
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I think we've opted out of Y&Y

Going in July so it will be far too busy to make headway.

Can anyone answer this for me though - I'm aware I can't have a Fast pass booked in Epcot then another one in Hollywood Studios but can I have FPs for Hollywood if I have an ADR in Epcot? (No time clashes)
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Wee_Red View Post
I think we've opted out of Y&Y

Going in July so it will be far too busy to make headway.

Can anyone answer this for me though - I'm aware I can't have a Fast pass booked in Epcot then another one in Hollywood Studios but can I have FPs for Hollywood if I have an ADR in Epcot? (No time clashes)
Yes. The FP system has no awareness about where you're eating and when.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
It can be done.

We did 4 parks in one day in July. Here’s our report
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...8#post14072438

We also did 3 parks on Christmas Day. Report here.
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1114027

It would be good if you could do Epcot to HS as you have the boat, the walk or the skyliner.

If you are set on yak and yeti why not get a landrys card that will give you preferred seating and you can decide on the day rather than booking an adr.

Book only fastpasses you really want for the first park you want to use them, you don’t need to book 3 then once they are used try straight away for one for the next park.

Sounds like your expectations are reasonable and you are seasoned visitors so you should be fine.

Plan some breaks to get out the heat for a bit though.

Edited at 03:38 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List