Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 Dec 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elsa42 View Post
Wow you finished quite early too’ very lucky to get those fastpasses I bet that really helped towards the day
Very lucky and very grateful & all because I happened to mention to a CM that we were doing the challenge!
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gizzyspop View Post
This thread has inspired me and it is now on the plan for our next trip...

We want to do...

1 Main/Big ride in each park.
1 Snack/Food in each park
Photo at each Iconic Landmark
Meet Mickey in each park
Use each of the transport systems, bus, boat, mono, skyline
And finish at Beaches and Cream for the Kitchen Sink!
Yay I’m glad it’s inspired you to try! It’s such great fun! I think everything you’ve picked I’d reasonable and you’ll get it all done, although not sure I could finish the kitchen sink 🙈 as long as you have a good plan and enjoy the day it will all work out great 😁
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We did 4 parks 1 day this August. Started at AK for EMH (staying at AKL) did 3 rides and a snack each and then left. Bus to HS where we rode 3 fast passes and shared a snack. Boat to boardwalk, more snacks and into Epcot. Rode 1 ride and monorail to Magic Kingdom. By now our boys were hot and tired so just 1 ride here and a snack each and end on iconic castle photo. We planned to use all disney transport but the skyline hadn't opened yet so we had to miss that. Was tiring in August heat and boys stopped enjoying it by 2pm ish so not sure I'd do it again.
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by mummyroo1 View Post
We did 4 parks 1 day this August. Started at AK for EMH (staying at AKL) did 3 rides and a snack each and then left. Bus to HS where we rode 3 fast passes and shared a snack. Boat to boardwalk, more snacks and into Epcot. Rode 1 ride and monorail to Magic Kingdom. By now our boys were hot and tired so just 1 ride here and a snack each and end on iconic castle photo. We planned to use all disney transport but the skyline hadn't opened yet so we had to miss that. Was tiring in August heat and boys stopped enjoying it by 2pm ish so not sure I'd do it again.
You managed to get quite a lot done! I can imagine in August the heat can make it slightly harder to finish the challenge but you still made it to 4 parks in 1 day!
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

I'm feeling inspired now for our May trip to do this. On previous trips we've managed three parks and a kitchen sink at Beaches and Cream in one day but never done 4. We usually go on 2/3 rides in each park, take a group photo and try at least 2 snacks in each park. We normally park at HS then take the boat to yacht and beach club, walk to Epcot then hop on the monorail to MK. We're definitely going to try the Skyliner next time.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by Buzz242 View Post
I'm feeling inspired now for our May trip to do this. On previous trips we've managed three parks and a kitchen sink at Beaches and Cream in one day but never done 4. We usually go on 2/3 rides in each park, take a group photo and try at least 2 snacks in each park. We normally park at HS then take the boat to yacht and beach club, walk to Epcot then hop on the monorail to MK. We're definitely going to try the Skyliner next time.
I’m glad the post has inspired you! Three parks and the kitchen sink is good going! Did you managed to eat it all?! That sounds like a good plan! 2 rides in each park is doable! We’ve tried to do all transport but the skyliner wasn’t open so that would be a great addition
Old 2 Jan 20, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

We did an accidental 4 park challenge once. It all started when we got to AK for AM EMH and it was super busy after riding FOP. We got our colossal cinnamon roll and decided we should go to a different park and do 1 ride and eat 1 snack.

If you listen to the first 4 episodes of The Great British Mickey Waffle podcast - we all give our own versions of an ideal 4 park challenge and there is definitely a lot of rule-bending involved
Old 2 Jan 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by akhurstf1 View Post
We did an accidental 4 park challenge once. It all started when we got to AK for AM EMH and it was super busy after riding FOP. We got our colossal cinnamon roll and decided we should go to a different park and do 1 ride and eat 1 snack.

If you listen to the first 4 episodes of The Great British Mickey Waffle podcast - we all give our own versions of an ideal 4 park challenge and there is definitely a lot of rule-bending involved
4 parks and FOP thats good going

I'm always looking for new podcast to listen too. I've heard your podcast name a few times in the past couple of weeks so i'm going to check it out!
Old 2 Jan 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
rayraygreen
Excited about Disney

I worked at Epcot in the UK Pav so I accidentally did the 4 Parks Challenge so many times! The one time we actually intended on doing it, we went from AK to Studios by bus and then Studios to Epcot by boat and Epcot to MK by monorail. We originally planned to do one ride, one show, one snack and a photo in front of the icon of each park. We randomly added on one photo with a Cast Member after a CM at AK hopped in one of our photos so we thought we'd carry on with it.

If I can remember in AK, we went on Everest, watched Festival of the Lion King, had breakfast at Starbucks (we needed caffeine), had a photo in front of the tree and had our photo with a Photopass CM.
In Studios, we went on Tower of Terror, watched Beauty and the Beast, Mickey pretzels, photo in front of Tower and a photo with one of the Citizens of Hollywood.
In Epcot, we rode Spaceship Earth, watched Impressions de France because we needed a rest , it was Flower and Garden Festival so we all had different things from the booths, photo in front of Spaceship Earth, photo with a custodial CM.
In MK, we rode Pirates, watched Happily Ever After, had our tea at Pecos Bill, had a photo in front of the castle and had a photo with a CM in Adventureland.

We just kept adding random challenges on so we also had a random singalong with an American family on the bus to studios and the entire bus joined it so that was pretty funny. We also all got hungry again so went to Springs and did the same there. We ate at Blaze, had a photo on the bridge, found a CM to take a photo with and watched a band. It was such a fun day but I definitely slept well that night!
Hollywood Studios CM - 2013
Epcot UK Pavilion CM - 2017-2018
rayraygreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by emmafleur View Post
Can I ask who sent you the certificate and how they knew you’d done the challenge please?
It appeared under our room door the following day. I assumed our magic bands identified that we had done it. Our friends staying at a different hotel also did it and didn’t get a certificate.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List