Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 Dec 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Simba2014 View Post
There's a new multi season Lord of the Rings series coming out on Amazon prime in the next few years so actually it could be bang on trend when its released.
Cool. Did not know this.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I am a big fan of Lord of the Rings. If done on a grand scale, it could cause my return.

At the moment I am on an extended break from Orlando.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
dpmcalister
Apprentice Imagineer

dpmcalister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Universal
LOTR = 16 yrs
Borne thingy = 12yrs
As others have said, there's a Lord of the Rings TV series coming soon and the last Bourne movie was only 3 years ago.
Old 3 Dec 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
Star Wars 1977... Tron 1982 ...
The new Star Wars rides are based on the new Disney Star Wars movies, one of which is released this year.

The TRON ride is based on TRON Legacy from 2010.

Least Disney are trying to do the latest films ie frozen (even if it really is just a makeover of original ride)
Disney are currently building a ride based on the 12 year old film Ratatouille and another based on the 9 year old film TRON Legacy.

The last Middle Earth movie was released just 5 years ago.

Of course, the last ride before the TRON coaster to be built at MK was based on movie from 1937 (SDMT and Snow White). The age of the franchise or film is meaningless. If it’s popular then I don’t see why we shouldn’t have a ride or land based on it, irregardless of age.

It’s not important how old it is. What is important is how good the theming and ride is.

Anyway, as for the LOTR ride rumour, is it any different to the Universal/LOTR rumour that has been doing the rounds for the past couple of years? Have Universal been in discussions with the Tolkien estate again recently?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 02:10 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
The new Star Wars rides are based on the new Disney Star Wars movies, one of which is released this year.

The TRON ride is based on TRON Legacy from 2010.
im not up on star wars but sint one of the rides based around the millennium falcon from star wars 1977 ?

but its not a competition just a cheeky at the OP stating disney use new films for their rides whilst universal use old films..
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Lord of the Rings has been around forever and had achieved cult status long before the films had ever been released.

I would love to see this represented by Universal ...

I've just looked up when the book first came out and it was my birth year 1954 ...

Edited at 03:47 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Sounds cool

But universal seem bit behind. All their new rides are on films that have been out a while.

Least Disney are trying to do the latest films ie frozen (even if it really is just a makeover of original ride)
Using a successful franchise like Star Wars and HP make sense as no matter how old they are people have some kind of a connection (and even if they don’t like the franchise they at least have heard of it) that they won’t have with a newer film. I didn’t expect Avatar to stand up to scrutiny but FoP is fantastic and worth the praise it receives. (River Journey on the other hand I will never go on again).
Middle Earth is so sprawling though that I’m not sure what they would do with it. As long as it’s not another Kong Island/Fast and Furious (slow and boring) clone it could be interesting.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dpmcalister View Post
As others have said, there's a Lord of the Rings TV series coming soon and the last Bourne movie was only 3 years ago.
I stand corrected

Google said 2007

Seems there were more in 2012 and 2016?

Who knew (not me obviously you )
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I do agree that LOTR would be awesome.
And yes probably some cult stuff is good.

Cannot for the life of me understand how the “borne” thing is popular though
Old 3 Dec 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post

I do agree that LOTR would be awesome.
And yes probably some cult stuff is good.

Cannot for the life of me understand how the “borne” thing is popular though
The Robert Ludlum Bourne books were a wonderful read.

They're an old franchise and in my humble opinion, none of the films captured the magic of the books.

I can remember staying up one night until 2.30 a.m to finish one and I had to be up at 6.30 for work. I wouldn't have slept for wondering how it all worked out.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List