Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 5 Jan 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
crazydecorator
Trading Disney Pins

4-7 nights to fill...

Hi all

I’m hoping for some advice. We are a family of 4 (2 kids aged 7 and 10) and are planning 10-14 nights in Florida next Easter. We’re doing the parks this summer so won’t be doing those again and already have a villa booked for 7 nights in Rotunda West, but will have a few nights to fill as it’s not quite available at the start of our school hols.

So depending on flights prices we’ll have 4-7 nights to fill somewhere else. Usually we’d fly into tampa, but I wondered if it might be cheaper to fly to Miami and spend some time in the keys/Everglades/Naples/fort lauderdale?

I also looked at a cruise but nothing really suits our dates.

Any recommendations for what to see or where to stay would be much appreciated x
crazydecorator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I would have suggested a cruise esp with flying into Miami. We have done one the last 2 years along with time in Orlando. We don't do much parks anymore. Cruising is our new addiction. Our kids we same age as yours when we started and they love it!
Old 5 Jan 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
crazydecorator
Trading Disney Pins

Thanks! How long a cruise would you recommend and which company? I’d love a Disney cruise but their prices are crazy, a lot of the others are 7 nights which is hard to work with our dates!
crazydecorator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Disney are great. We did a 3 night cruise to the Bahamas with them in 2015 but they are very expensive. We then switched to Royal Caribbean as kids were over Disney and RC has a lot of fun extras on their ships. They do recommend for a first cruise to do a 3 or 4 nighter to get a taste. This year we did 3 nights on Mariner of the Seas. It has recently been refurbished so had all the bells and whistles of the larger ships. We went to the Bahanas and Royal Caribbean's new water park island Coco Cay. We loved every second. I particularly love waking up in a new place every morning. We book 2 interior cabins which are connecting so everyone has a proper bed to sleep in and we have 2 bathrooms to get ready in. However as your kids are younger you would probably be quiet comfy in one cabin which will bring the price down. If you do look at it and need any help just shout!
Old 5 Jan 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by crazydecorator View Post
Thanks! How long a cruise would you recommend and which company? I’d love a Disney cruise but their prices are crazy, a lot of the others are 7 nights which is hard to work with our dates!
OST of the cruise companies do 3 and 4 night cruises , the 3 nights tend to be Friday to Monday and the 4 night Monday to Friday. I’ve always felt the long weekenders might attract more party animal types so tend to do the 4 nights as they are usually better value too.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List