Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 Jan 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
dollydaydream7
Very Serious Dibber

dollydaydream7's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Linking credits from another room.

So this might sound confusing but if we had a room of 2 adults and 2 kids and then my other two kids went into my parents room I’m assuming their credits will be joined to my parents. Is there anyway to get them put on our room? My parents won’t be with us eating at the same places every day. Or is it literally a case of making sure I scan the two in a separate rooms bands separately? And can I keep track of them all?

Has anyone done this? Is it as complicated as my brain is making it?
dollydaydream7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post

No their credits are on the room they are allocated to.

Are the ones in the room with your parents on the children’s dining or an adult dining plan? If they have an adult plan, then I am sure it will be no issue, they will have to scan bands for their own meals.

I don’t know if it would work differently if they have children’s plans. But I guess you could use their credits to pay for all four children when you are with your parents and then use the credits on your room when you are dining separately.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Cant be linked.
I also think that you will have to enable room charging onto their bands as well to be able to access the extra credits.

And yes, booking rooms this way and not being together can get complicated, especially if your parents are savvy and start over using the credits as they will just see x number of QS meals and x number of snacks per room, and not split individually.

If you are staying at a resort with a 5 person room, you could move one of the bookings to your room, and then its only one of the childrens credits to work out. (They can sleep in the original room though).

You can track them if they are all linked to your MDE account.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL

Edited at 04:13 PM.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
dollydaydream7
Very Serious Dibber

dollydaydream7's Reviews
Could I not just scan mine for our 4 food and then scan one of the others for their two?

One is 12 so he would be an adult anyway, so could I scan that for one adult and one child and then do two adults and two children on mine?
dollydaydream7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Erm I'm getting confused here So is everyone on the plan ? Or just you & the kids ? The reason I ask is that you can't have some on the plan & some not, so if 2 of the kids are in your parents room then your parents have to be on the exact same plan- you can't mix & match & also the reason people book for 1 during Free Dining, pay deposit then add the remaining party after the offer is finished
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
dollydaydream7
Very Serious Dibber

dollydaydream7's Reviews
Mobile

Sorry we are all on the ddp ( well will be ) but two adults and two children in one room and two adults and two children in another. ( although one will be 12 so I think that’s an adult on ddp ) so when my parents aren’t there there will be 2 A and 2 C from the same room and a child and adult from a separate room.
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dollydaydream7 View Post
Could I not just scan mine for our 4 food and then scan one of the others for their two?

One is 12 so he would be an adult anyway, so could I scan that for one adult and one child and then do two adults and two children on mine?
That is what we have said I think? But just trying to establish whether they are on adult or child plans and how old they are etc, because children do not automatically get charging rights.

Edited at 04:40 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dollydaydream7
Very Serious Dibber

dollydaydream7's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
That is what we have said I think? But just trying to establish whether they are on adult or child plans and how old they are etc, because children do not automatically get charging rights.
In our room 4 and 7
In parents room 9 and 12
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Wouldn't they all be linked if the two rooms where booked together at the same time under the one booking?
Otherwise just get the 2 in the other room to scan their magicbands when you pay. Just let your server know you will be paying with two magicbands and get the bill split.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dollydaydream7
Very Serious Dibber

dollydaydream7's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Wouldn't they all be linked if the two rooms where booked together at the same time under the one booking?
Otherwise just get the 2 in the other room to scan their magicbands when you pay. Just let your server know you will be paying with two magicbands and get the bill split.
Thanks that’s what I was hoping we could do