Notices

Old 5 Jun 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

The One Where They Do Disney

So here we are again! We are Me (31), DH (32) DD1 (7) and DD2 (5). We have been lucky enough to visit WDW 3 times as a family – the most recent being in October 2018 when we had the most amazing trip! We combined Disney with a 4 night Bahamas cruise and made some incredible memories over 3 weeks. I love having our trip report to read back on – so I thought why not try another!

After coming back from our October trip the question was – what next! I had been toying with the idea of California for 2020 but I needed some Disney to keep me going till then so I started discreetly pricing up Disneyland Paris.

Without going too off track – We had been to Disneyland Paris once before. Originally, we were going to go in Jan 2011 and I found out I was pregnant so we said let’s wait until the baby’s born and do it together! So, we did Center Parcs instead, DD1 was born in August 2011, the following year after a sick bug we found out I was pregnant again! Unfortunately, it was not too be and we lost the baby – this was coming up till Christmas and I could not even begin to look forward to a year I should have been welcoming my second child and I wouldn’t be. So, in a half-hearted decision we decided to book the trip we had postponed and do Disney in the following December – which would hopefully give us something to look forward too. Anyhow, Christmas and New Year came and went and 2 days before my birthday I tested, and those lines were there! Our rainbow baby! …she was due in September and would be 12 weeks old when we went to Paris. We decided to go ahead anyway and as expected it was the most difficult trip we have ever taken! Although I still came back with some lovely memories – I have never fallen in love with it like I did WDW.

These were taken on our 2013 DLP trip

and this is them in WDW October 2018;

Anyhow, we have never really considered going back but as a 3-month-old and 2-year-old the girls don’t ever remember going which was the perfect argument to present to DH! I settled on October as knew once those memories started popping up from our 2018 trip, I would be yearning for some Disney magic! So, I priced up a few days in October half term direct with Disney – although I thought they were reasonable, I priced up offsite hotels too for a comparison. In the end I booked offsite, for 5 nights which was longer than I had originally planned but thought giving ourselves plenty of time would likely be more enjoyable for us all – especially as I am expecting crowds. So, we will be travelling from the 27th – 1st November and I have booked the Vienna Dreams Castle hotel and used Clubcard vouchers to get a £240 discount making the total £390.

Here are a couple of pics from the hotel website;

I also used Clubcard vouchers for the Eurotunnel crossing making it £50.

For that price – I couldn’t say no! I have also booked the Premier Inn at Folkestone for the Saturday night - £55 including breakfast to break up the drive slightly. I do love a Premier Inn breakfast! Although we are only 1 hr 30mins from Folkstone anyway.

After booking, my best friend, her husband and her DD (7) and DS (11) have decided to come too! They are travelling from Dover on the ferry but will be staying in the same place as us. As fellow Disney addicts we have talked about doing this for so long and I can’t believe we will finally get to do it! Hence the Friends inspired trip title!

The plan so far is not set in stone – I am unsure whether to get 2 or 3 day park tickets. Monday, Tuesday will be spent in the parks, Wednesday either a train into Paris or another park day and Thursday morning, Downtown Disney followed by the Halloween Soiree. I have read good and bad reviews about this but last Halloween we spent trick or treating in Celebration – so I at least must try and compete! Our Halloween tickets I think cost in the region of £260 (I must be mad – but if we had stayed onsite this would have had to go) for the four of us. I believe we can get in from 5pm and the party lasts till 2am. I’m hoping we get to stay till the end as the next day will be spent driving back and so the kids can sleep as much as they need too.

I’m unsure whether to book a character meal or any TS restaurants– maybe just so we see some characters without the ques. But I am kind of enjoying the less structured approach to these Disney trips. I need to research QS locations (or French equivalent) and I’m hoping we can get some decent food without pre-booking meals. The snacks I must also research! As I live for snacks!

I am expecting the worst with crowds and hope to be pleasantly surprised. Our must dos are Ratouille, BTM, see the dragon under the castle, Storybook boats and IASW. Although I hope we get to see most of it, as we missed so much last time.

I obviously have started a shopping list already, a DLP spirit jersery (I love love love my WDW one – so comfy) and Starbucks mugs!

Still to do is;

- Get our park tickets; at the moment I can get a 3-day park hopper tickets with attraction tickets direct for £680.

- Get a driving kit for France - I have found one on amazon which contains everything you need, headlight converters, breathalysers etc so will probably just order that

- Keep an eye out for Brexit updates – as we travel back after the current exit date I am not sure whether I will need to get an International Driving Permit (I think this is what they are called) as we will be driving in France on the 1st November. I plan on getting one just to be safe.

- Book any restaurants we decide on

Thank you for reading if you got this far

Edited at 02:02 PM.
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Update

Update

So, with 26 days to go I have brought a driving kit for France! The picture below is just a stock image but is pretty much exactly what it looks like!

I was actually really impressed with this! It comes with a handy bag and seems to have everything we need. I just need to make sure we have two extra hi-vis vests for the kids.

I have a copy of a ‘Green Card’ from the insurance company in case we need it after Brexit because at this stage who knows what is going to happen! I just need to get an International Driving Permit as well.

Now on to the exciting stuff - we have booked Inventions for the Monday at 1.30. I am really excited to try this out because I have read some really good reviews! It will also save some time queuing for characters. I hope!

After tracking the prices for ages, I finally bit the bullet and I brought our 3 day Park Hopper passes from Attraction Tickets Direct – they seemed to be the cheapest and I managed to get around £10 cashback from Topcashback as well.

I am going to put together everything for the girls Halloween costumes over the next few days just to check I am fully prepared! and hopefully work out how to post some pictures on the thread
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures

Edited at 10:53 AM. Reason: add picture
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
Update

So, with 26 days to go I have brought a driving kit for France! The picture below is just a stock image but is pretty much exactly what it looks like!

I was actually really impressed with this! It comes with a handy bag and seems to have everything we need. I just need to make sure we have two extra hi-vis vests for the kids.

I have a copy of a ‘Green Card’ from the insurance company in case we need it after Brexit because at this stage who knows what is going to happen! I just need to get an International Driving Permit as well.

Now on to the exciting stuff - we have booked Inventions for the Monday at 1.30. I am really excited to try this out because I have read some really good reviews! It will also save some time queuing for characters. I hope!

After tracking the prices for ages, I finally bit the bullet and I brought our 3 day Park Hopper passes from Attraction Tickets Direct – they seemed to be the cheapest and I managed to get around £10 cashback from Topcashback as well.

I am going to put together everything for the girls Halloween costumes over the next few days just to check I am fully prepared! and hopefully work out how to post some pictures on the thread
sounds great, my DD and I are going a week before you, need to check my driving kit too - should have all those bits around somewhere. Enjoy!
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
sounds great, my DD and I are going a week before you, need to check my driving kit too - should have all those bits around somewhere. Enjoy!
Thank you! Hope you have a fab time!
Old 8 Oct 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Only just found this!

All subscribed and can't wait to follow along, I hope you have an amazing time, not long now xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Only just found this!

All subscribed and can't wait to follow along, I hope you have an amazing time, not long now xx
Thankyou so much for reading! & Thank you - days are flying past now!
Old 24 Oct 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

We are so close now! Only tomorrow left at school and today's my last day at work!

Both girls Halloween outfits are sorted and ready to go!

complete with extra layers just in case it's freezing!

And I've had my Disney nails done!

It's so strange to be this close to a trip and still have no real plan! I tend to fully embrace the less structured approach this trip! We will see how that works out
Old 24 Oct 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I can't wait to see how your relaxed plan works. Hope you have an amazing time xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Really looking forward to reading all about your trip. Thank you for sharing your journey so far!
On restaurants I can very highly recommend Chez Remy - the Ratatouille restaurant. The theming is absolutely amazing, the food was great, although we went about four years ago now, and you can see into the Ratatouille ride. In fact my kids were so impressed with it that when we told them this weekend that we are going to WDW for our first ever trip in February they asked if we were going in restaurants like this! They were then 11 and 7 so it obviously made an impression!
Whatever you decide to do, have fun!
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
Really looking forward to reading all about your trip. Thank you for sharing your journey so far!
On restaurants I can very highly recommend Chez Remy - the Ratatouille restaurant. The theming is absolutely amazing, the food was great, although we went about four years ago now, and you can see into the Ratatouille ride. In fact my kids were so impressed with it that when we told them this weekend that we are going to WDW for our first ever trip in February they asked if we were going in restaurants like this! They were then 11 and 7 so it obviously made an impression!
Whatever you decide to do, have fun!
Ah we saw the restaurant and it looked amazing - would love to try it! Unfortunately we couldn't get in there this trip always a good reason to go back though - and we would definitely make it a must do! I loved the ride.

How exciting that your off to WDW - that will come round so quick with Christmas in between!