Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 5 Jan 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

No need to apologise lovely, these reports take so much time hope you've had a lovely Christmas and New Year xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Monday 14th October

We were up at 6:30 today and all ready and in an Uber at 7:37. It was a great journey as the driver was playing Backstreet Boys the whole way

We got to the Contemporary and walked from there to Magic Kingdom. (we weren't planning to do to Disney but my sister Whatsapped me the week before as her friend works for Disney and got us complimentary one day explorer tickets).

So at MK we queued to grab our tickets which took only a couple of minutes!

We walked straight to Tomorrowland and were in the Space Mountain queue at 8:15 then headed to Haunted Mansion and queued before it went down so just before 9am we decided to grab breakfast instead.

Cheshire Cat cafe

We got 2 cat tails and a cold brew coffee.

This was $15.74 altogether, these were nice as we both love a chocolate twist & Arron loved the coffee but I found it a little strong.

After eating we walked over to Adventureland and made a little friend...

From here we rode Pirates of the Caribbean with FP+ before heading to Splash Mountain & waiting around 50 minutes. Then we rode Little Mermaid before heading BACK to Haunted Mansion.

We queued at 11:45 and were off by 12:22 which was pretty quick, next was our FP+ for Winnie the Pooh. There was a really awful man in the queue shouting at people about how they chose to spend their holidays.
It was very bizarre!

It was really hot so we headed to Carousel of Progress which Arron absolutely loves, from here we left MK and got the monorail to Epcot.

Into Epcot at 2pm, and we chose to join the line for this beauty.

It was so hot this afternoon and we had to queue in direct sunlight for a good 20 minutes. But we were off at 2:50 and wandered to World Showcase for a little bit of snacking.

Food & Wine

First stop Arron got a La Choza margarita from Mexico for $16.51

He then called his sister from China, so I headed across to maybe get a Tipsy Ducks in Love but decided to go for a Mango bubble tea instead.

This was $6.95 and was so refreshing! Mango flavoured but really milky too. Yum.

Arron grabbed another margarita and then we continued around the countries.

Next stop Italy for the limoncello margarita. $10

We stopped off in the American Adventure where we both got a lobster roll.

It was $16.50 for both and we perched on a picnic table with the musical stylings of Kenny G

We walked to Japan and looked around the shop as always. Who doesn't?!?

Then I ordered the rainbow Naka Gori for $4.80.

This was really interesting, the different flavours were nice & it lasted for ages. Was abit strong at the bottom though.

Arron proceed to buy a different margarita for $15.18

And then I stopped for another food item, tried the chicken & shrimp bao bun from China for $6.75.

This was ok, but I wished i'd bought the closed bao bun from Japan instead.

From here we left through International Gateway & rode the Skyliner!

We went Epcot-Riviera and CBR-Hollywood Studios.

This was a big thumbs up for us, Arron loved it & we thought it was quick, easy and different.

We arrived in Hollywood Studios at 6:25 & went straight toTower of Terror for our FP+.

Arron then got a Sierra Nevada from one of the bars.

At this point we aimed for Galaxys Edge and it was a lot less busy than expected. Arron was super excited & we joined the queue for Oga's Cantina.

Oga's Cantina

We were pretty much in here immediately and they explained the 45 minute time limit.

Arron ordered the Outer Rim and I had the Carbon Freeze.

The drinks were fine but I think this is more of an experience than anything!

We settled up with around $25 I think and left at 8:15.

We liked GE and it was nice to see it less busy.

We then joined the Star Tours queue before taking a punt on ToT at the last minute.

We ended up off the ride at 10pm bang on! So at this point we called an Uber from the new area and then headed to Walgreens.

From there were bought a sandwich, milk and Poptarts.

We split the sandwich before bed and went to sleep at midnight.
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

So glad you managed to squeeze Disney in and you certainly did it in style! A fab day and you got SOOOOOO much done! Looking forward to the rest of report x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Brilliant day! Getting me in the mood, 😊
Old 19 Jan 20, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
So glad you managed to squeeze Disney in and you certainly did it in style! A fab day and you got SOOOOOO much done! Looking forward to the rest of report x
You will see a smidge more Disney in the next couple of days too!
It was nice to go there & we always planned to do open to close to make the most of it

Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
Brilliant day! Getting me in the mood, 😊
Glad you enjoyed reading!

I'm just back from visiting my parents in Somerset so will try to update at least a bit this afternoon
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

The next couple of days might be a bit shorter as they were more chilled.

Tuesday 15th October

We were up at 7:30 and ate a breakfast of Golden Grahams in the room while we watched Futurama.

At 10:15 we called an Uber to Florida Mall & were there at 10:45. We wandered around until around 12, we then noticed that there was a little Starbucks in JCPenney or one of those shops.

So we grabbed this iced caramel coffee for $3.15 which Arron drank most of and loved it.

Around an hour later we were in the food court and decided to share food from Tobuy.

This is bourbon chickaen and peppered steak with rice for around $12.

The chicken was super delicious, the steak was disappointing due to the lack of meat!

After we ate here Arron declared he was still hungry!

So we headed to Shake Shack where he chose the Shack-ago dog and I grabbed the O-Town concrete. This was $10.38 all in.

Arron enjoyed the hotdog and said it was the right size for what he had wanted too!
I liked the concrete but it was super sickly, so just as well I got a small one. It was "vanilla frozen custard, cookie butter, salted caramel sauce and chocolate truffle cookie dough".

We spent some money in Think Geek, Pop Cult, Bath and Body Works and Hot Topic before getting an Uber at 3:15.

Dave and Busters

At 5:10 we walked from the hotel over to Dave and Busters and sat in the bar area.

We started with a Dr Pepper and a Corona extra, I can't find photos of these!

Then I had the Backwoods blueberry lemonade and Arron had the Jameson LIT.

The drink was nice, similar to a Purple Rain.

Then Arron got the Margarita with the $3 upgrade followed by a Hurricane and another LIT.

That is two of Arron's cocktails, don't know which ones

We settled up around 7pm & left $45

After this we went to Pointe Orlando.

Main Event

We got here at 7:40 and headed in for unlimited bowling which was only $26 including shoe hire!

We got onto our lane & once there Arron ordered a Blue Moon and we ordered the full works pizza.

The pizza was massive and we nibbled at it throughout bowling.

Arron got another 2 beers whilst we bowled.

We bowled 5 games & finished up at 10pm!

We had 2 slices of pizza left which we got boxed up and popped into the fridge.

We would really recommend this bowling, it was fun and cheap!
Old 19 Jan 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Wednesday 16th October

The alarm went off at 6:30 and we had PopTarts in the room.

We were on the 7:35 shuttle to Universal and made the last minute decision to go to IOA and join the queue at 8:07.

Just before 9am they let us in and over to Hagrid's! We were off by 9:25 and thought the ride was really good!

After this we rode Forbidden Journey, Flight of the Hippogriff, Jurassic Park and Hulk before stopping for a snack.

We got cinnamon sugar pretzel nuggets for $7.02 and ate these on the Marvel benches.
We liked these, they were sweet but not too sweet.

We then rode Cat in the Hat & walked to Universal, once there we rode The Mummy and then Arron grabbed a beer.

We went to Animal Actors followed by ET and then leaving the park at 2pm.

There was no HHN tonight so we headed back to I-Drive where we ate the leftover pizza.

It was still yummy!

At 5:30 we went out for dinner.

Bahama Breeze

We were seated on the patio/decking area and there were 2 cats who appear to live there. Cute!

We started with an Ahoy Matey mule and Ultimate Coronarita

Mine was all pineapple and rum which was great!

We shared a starter of the chorizo meatballs.

These were tasty with a nice sauce and great plantain chips. Not enough though ha!

For main I ordered the Ropa Viejo tostones and Arron got the tequila sunburn salmon with rice and tomatoes.

Arron's salmon was super fresh and right up his street! Mine is braised beef in plantain bowls.

It was all very tasty and varied with textures and flavours.

As you can also see above, I got the Mama's rum flight and Arron had an ultimate margarita followed by the blue buccaneer.

From my three drinks the Goombay Smash was too strong tasting but the other two were so nice.

The blue drink wasn't Arron's normal thing but he thought it was tasty. As an FYI the Blue Buccaneer and Ahoy Matey were part of Rumtober Fest.

We paid up with $125 at 7@30 and chilled in the room.
Old 2 Feb 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Sorry this has taken so long as a report but lets get it completed

Thursday 17th October

We were up at 7:30 this morning and began packing for home, ate Golden Grahams and S'Mores poptarts for breakfast.

And we headed over to Walgreens where I bought some Swedish Fish and a selection of M & Ms for home.

We called an Uber to Universal and were in the park at 11:45. Firstly we rode ET before choosing to grab an early lunch.

Springfield

We joined the big queue in here and this took quite a long time as we were seated by 1ish

Arron chose the Krustyburger and a Duff light & I had the chicken and waffle combo with the vanilla/chocolate swirl shake.

My shake was both thick and melted by the time we sat down, I always love my sandwich but it is so messy everytime!
Arron enjoyed the burger as always, but it had been quite alot of effort in the first place!

After lunch we rode The Mummy and Shrek then after the weirdness of that ride we wandered to Islands.

We rode Spiderman once we had arrived before stopping for a drink at 3:15.

Mine was lemonade and something else. These were good while we walked around.

We next did Jurassic Park, Sky high trolley and Cat in the Hat before heading out to Citywalk at 4:40.

We found a table at Lone Palm so perched there, Arron got a couple of Landshark beers.

While we were chilling here Arron suggested I pop to Voodoo to get myself a doughnut as this would be the last opportunity on this trip.

So I walked over to be greeted by no queue and ended up buying an apple fritter & the Vampire halloween themed doughnut.
I think this was $5-7 for both.

Arron then ordered the boneless wings and a loaded Landshark.

The apple doughnut was massive, but really good! Not as heavy as it looks and nicely doughy with a good ratio of apple and glaze.

Arron's food had a little cover which was cute, plenty of wings and tasty.

This was a good little stop before HHN, we settled up with what must've been $45? as 6:20

Halloween Horror Nights

This evening was our last HHN so we were aiming to just do as much as we could.

We were in at 6:35 and first up was Yeti followed by Us. Then House of 1000 Corpses and Men in Black.

Annoyingly MIB got stuck at the end for 15+ minutes which is typical when you want to get everything done!

We then did Depths of Fear before heading the lagoon to get a spot for Marathon of Mayhem, this was great!

Arron grabbed a beer after this and then we went to Nightingales, Universal Monsters and Graveyard Games.

From here we went back to the front of the park to hit Ghostbusters and Killers Klowns.

We went to the store to buy a lanyard and pin before admitting defeat at midnight.

Stopped into Walgreens for an iced coffee and in bed at 12:45.
Old 2 Feb 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Friday 18th October & home time

Again the alarm was set for 7:30, showered and ate the Vampire doughnut.

It got quite smushed in my bag but still tasted fine! Had a jam centre and was quite sweet.

We were all packed so called an Uber to Disney Springs at 9:30 & once there headed to the check in desk.

My case was lighter than the way out we were weighed and paid by 9:55 and decided to grab breakfast.

Wolfgang Puck

Arron decided there was nothing he fancied here but said he would grab something in a while.

So I ordered orange juice and the belgian waffle.

We sat outside to eat this & it was a tad lighter and less sweet than the cornflake toast is!

This was $14 and after eating this we got the bus to Pop Century to board the Skyliner.

The only issue was that their Skyliner was only running from 1pm and it wasn't even 12 yet

There was a replacement bus though, so we got that to the Boardwalk instead.

Boardwalk Bakery

Arron found food at last, he ordered the ham and swiss on rye with a Bud & crisps which was $19 altogether.

We sat by the water and I ate the crisps.

The sandwich had mustard too and Arron said it was really nice/

We then strolled down towards the Swan and Dolphin and decided to walk in and have a look around.

I came across The Fountain so Arron went upstairs to take photos while I ordered an ice cream.

I chose the mint for $7.

The hotel was super pretty & the ice cream was great. Really minty and went all the way down the cone too.

We then walked to Yacht and Beach Clubs, which were both very nice and well themed but probably abit fancy for us.

So we walked back to the Boardwalk and got the Disney Springs bus and got there at 2:25.

As we had a little bit of time we chose to grab a drink before heading to the airport.

Jock Lindsey's

We sat on the decking area and got a Bud light and Diving Bell.

My Diving Bell was fresh but felt less tangy than before, maybe less lime?

From here we paid up $16 and walked to the Uber pick up area and were in the car at 4pm.

We were at the airport at 4:35, and decided to just get through security for once so were through to the gates at 5pm.

Airport

We sat on the floor as it was busy & I went to grab a drink in Starbucks which ended up taking nearly 30 minutes!

I just got an iced white mocha for $5.60.

Once we had drank that, we thought maybe food was in order too.

So I went to Burger King & this was a nightmare too!

I ordered 2 bacon & cheese Whoppers for $14 and it seemed that everyone else's food was ready first, think I waited for about 30 minutes here too.

Once we had eaten we used our change in the shop on sweets, water and mints.

At 6:55 we were waiting to board and this got delayed until 7:30 & take off ended up being 8:35.

I think this was just a frustrating day for waiting alot.

Plane food

At 9pm they brought round the drinks and pretzels.

And the food was served at 9:45.

I chose the BBQ pork and Arron the gnocchi.

The food was actually pretty good although the photos look unappetising

At 10:30 I also got a hot chocolate.

And breakfast was served at 7:30

Breakfast was okay for once, if I recall correctly the pastry was chocolate.
You think they wouldn't give a melon salad to someone coming back from the US though?! As melon is in such abundance there!

We landed at 9:20
Old 11 Feb 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve enjoyed reading your food report, thanks for sharing it.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List