Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 3 Jan 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_momof2
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Did they need to amend his age? I don't think this would work on my booking as we are in a 5th sleeper with 5 people but would happily pay the £20 to avoid the stress and limitations of the kids menu
Hi, I just rang and paid €20 to change my 9 year old to an adult ticket. The tickets are listed separately to the accomodation on the invoice so I don't think it would matter.

EDIT- his date of birth has changed on the invoice! And he is down as 10 years old!

Edited at 05:15 PM.
Disney_momof2 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney_momof2 View Post
Hi, I just rang and paid €20 to change my 9 year old to an adult ticket. The tickets are listed separately to the accomodation on the invoice so I don't think it would matter. His date of birth has remained the same. It's worth a call
Great thanks... this is giving me hope
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_momof2
I want to go now!

Great thanks... this is giving me hope
Sorry if I got your hopes up! When I went back in to check his date of birth has changed! Best thing to do is ring and see what they say, they were really helpful
Disney_momof2 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney_momof2 View Post
Sorry if I got your hopes up! When I went back in to check his date of birth has changed! Best thing to do is ring and see what they say, they were really helpful
Ahhh thanks for letting me know...I aren't happy that they have done it this way as it may have changed the decisions made by a lot of people. I have been looking at the children's menus and am seriously concerned about the limited menu's

Were you on hold for long?
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_momof2
I want to go now!

20 mins... and spoke to 3 different people😂... but we got there in the end! Hope it works out for you
Old 3 Jan 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Did they need to amend his age? I don't think this would work on my booking as we are in a 5th sleeper with 5 people but would happily pay the £20 to avoid the stress and limitations of the kids menu
Yes, they changed his year of birth from May 2013 to May 2010 to make him 10 years old. I'd say it's worth you phoning them up and explaining you want to buy your 9 year old an adult park ticket and why. I was very upfront with them and the lady on the phone was fine with it and so there may well not be an issue with the fact it seems like you would have 5 adults in your room. They may be able to put a note on the system so anyone looking in the future knows it's really 4 adults, 1 child.

I called moments before my post on here earlier and my call was answered immediately which I was pleasantly surprised by - no time on hold other than navigating the telephone menu options.
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyF1rstT1me View Post
Yes, they changed his year of birth from May 2013 to May 2010 to make him 10 years old. I'd say it's worth you phoning them up and explaining you want to buy your 9 year old an adult park ticket and why. I was very upfront with them and the lady on the phone was fine with it and so there may well not be an issue with the fact it seems like you would have 5 adults in your room. They may be able to put a note on the system so anyone looking in the future knows it's really 4 adults, 1 child.

I called moments before my post on here earlier and my call was answered immediately which I was pleasantly surprised by - no time on hold other than navigating the telephone menu options.
Thanks , not holding out much hope though
Old 3 Jan 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
cockayh
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

I have tried this with TUI as the disney travel.company said that's how they were getting around things.
Unfortunately they contacted Disney wholesale to ask if they could sell us an adult ticket for my 7 year old, but they said no. But TUI can't change her age on the booking as it will change for the flight too and not match her passport 😪. I knew there was a reason that we don't usually book a package deal.
cockayh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

UPDATE: DH called ... he spent 22 mins on the call but answered pretty much immediately.
The guy has upgrade DS's ticket at the cost of £20 (well worth it)

He put a note on the system that he isn't really 10 but that it was done for the purpose of Dining Plan upgrade.

Thanks so much to everyone who has answered my questions.

I will wait for MDE to update before I really believe it but lets hope this is sorted now

Edited at 07:18 PM.
Old 3 Jan 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by cockayh View Post
I have tried this with TUI as the disney travel.company said that's how they were getting around things.
Unfortunately they contacted Disney wholesale to ask if they could sell us an adult ticket for my 7 year old, but they said no. But TUI can't change her age on the booking as it will change for the flight too and not match her passport 😪. I knew there was a reason that we don't usually book a package deal.
We booked a package with Charter Travel including flights in 2017 and they changed both our boys to adult park tickets once I found out about this option. It didn't affect our flights. It makes no sense that they can't change this for you without it affecting the flight. Go back to Tui, tell them you/your friends have done this with other travel agents so why can't they.
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List